IGNORED

Any Yeovil Players That Stood Out...

Evy11_BCFC

Guest Ronmeister

Both were marked very well. Their number 4 looked solid as did terry in midfield. I thought he ran the show for most of the first half until we finally woke up.

Totally agree, when we averted to long ball tactics he covered Brooker throughout. One of few times Brooks managed to turn him his finish was poor.

Couldn't comment on Terry, wasn't really looking out for him.

Guest The Codfather 0312

Both were marked very well. Their number 4 looked solid as did terry in midfield. I thought he ran the show for most of the first half until we finally woke up.

Terry, Thats John Terry's brother or something aint it?

Guest yeovilguest
Terry, Thats John Terry's brother or something aint it?

Yeah. Paul Terry, brother of John. You'll find John at a few Yeovil games, when he can get to them

I personally thought Jevons & Brooker had very oddly quiet games

Jevons did have a bit of a quiet game. Well I suppose being shoved over a wall didn't help him much. I cannot see why your guy didn't get booked for that. Clearly a shove in the back and Jevo smacked himself rather hard on both the concrete and the plastic seats. I could see broken bones there. Should have been at least a yellow imo.

Guest Ronmeister

Jevons did have a bit of a quiet game. Well I suppose being shoved over a wall didn't help him much. I cannot see why your guy didn't get booked for that. Clearly a shove in the back and Jevo smacked himself rather hard on both the concrete and the plastic seats. I could see broken bones there. Should have been at least a yellow imo.

From memory, was it our number 17 "Orr" that shoved Jevons? It certainly looked like Jevons got a shove from where we were standing, and that was about 100yds away...

i don't know about the players but the city fans

were very quiet , until the goal.

we were there and it was ( i think ) that we were

soaking wet and cold.then the second half and

we scored , that is when the sun came out and we

got a bit warmer.

Brooker was quiet today,but it is very difficult to be brilliant

in every game as he has been lately.

Yeovil players that impressed were Left back Nathan Jones

he was very quick and had Cotterill in his pocket.

Lee Johnson was involved a lot and passed the ball well.

Amankwaah was generally very good and possesses the

pace that we do not have in defence

Lee Johnson, in central-midfield, orchestrated all of Yeovil's best moves and has a fantastic shot, that was surprisingly underused yesterday.

Terry Skiverton, the Yeovil captain at centre-back had Steve Brooker in his pocket for the whole game and would be a great addition to our side.

I was surprised how poorly Phil Jevons performed, but his goalscoring recod is impressive, http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=10585 and he's only 26.

I personally thought Jevons & Brooker had very oddly quiet games. :blink:

I remember when we played Port Fail when Brooker coming to City was in the pipeline, Brooker had a very quiet and effortless game for Fail. I'm wondering if this is the reason's for Jevon's quiet game :w00t::dunno:

That said most of their midfield looked good in the first half, because we didnt have one

Considered that might actually be for a reason?

Their two middle guys, Johnson in particular, were excellent in getting the ball down, switching the play, shuffling it on and moving. Russell and Noble were chasing shadows because they were completely outclassed. When we got hold of it a bit more in the second half and got stuck in, we were able to express our own game onto the opposition a bit more.

As for the one Yeovil player that stood out; Lee Johnson. He'd be excellent next to Noble, in my opinion.

Archived