IGNORED

Bas Savage Wouldn't Even Get In A Conference Side.

AndyKat87

funny he's been one of the better players recently

No he hasn't. He has been dreadful in all but one game. The one game where he was OK was against a patched up Vale side. Players that have been good are people who really affect the game like Brooker and Heywood. Sooner we get rid of this joker the better.

Guest The Codfather 0312

No he hasn't. He has been dreadful in all but one game. The one game where he was OK was against a patched up Vale side. Players that have been good are people who really affect the game like Brooker and Heywood. Sooner we get rid of this joker the better.

Didn't he set upBrooks goal against Rotherham with some smart foot work?

Didn't he set upBrooks goal against Rotherham with some smart foot work?

It was a simple pass. If you think he is good enough then fine but this lad will never score and never create hos own chances. He has poor control, is poor in the air, can't pass and every club he has ever been to has said he is poor. I wonder why. It seems to me that this club is becoming a soft touch and joke even with GJ at the helm. I like him but surely he won't sign Savage up.

Very unfair.

I've seen far worse strikers in a City shirt in the past.

Had a turn of pace and won most things in the air.Not the most cultured footballer on the ground and perhaps not the long term solution.But the amount of criticism he gets on here from supposed supporters is most unwarrented.

i'm assuming you didn't see him cause rotherham all sorts of problems, set up the first goal for brooks, or at gillingham have a decent game

he runs about twice as much as stewart

and has done 10 times what gillespie has here

but way to build up his confidence

(if he reads this :englandsmile4wf: )

i'm assuming you didn't see him cause rotherham all sorts of problems, set up the first goal for brooks, or at gillingham have a decent game

he runs about twice as much as stewart

and has done 10 times what gillespie has here

but way to build up his confidence

(if he reads this :englandsmile4wf: )

He was dreadful at Gillingham. Didn't cause Rotherham any problems- that was Brooker. The last time Stewart was given 90 mins against Huddersfield he was much better than Savage ever could be. People seem to be moaning at Stewart for not doing well in 5 mins- try remembering that this guy has scored 4 goals this season with shocking service whereas Savage hasn't even scored 4 goals in his career (or even 1!). 'way to build up his confidence'- why would he care what some fans have to say? He is a professional and should be above it. I'm entilited to my opinion and I don't boo him at games. If he reads the forum then he is mad.

He was dreadful at Gillingham. Didn't cause Rotherham any problems- that was Brooker. The last time Stewart was given 90 mins against Huddersfield he was much better than Savage ever could be. People seem to be moaning at Stewart for not doing well in 5 mins- try remembering that this guy has scored 4 goals this season with shocking service whereas Savage hasn't even scored 4 goals in his career (or even 1!). 'way to build up his confidence'- why would he care what some fans have to say? He is a professional and should be above it. I'm entilited to my opinion and I don't boo him at games. If he reads the forum then he is mad.

totally agree well said!!!!

I can't believe we have another boring post on this subject. Give the bloke a break for f's sake. You sound like a bunch of inadequate school bullies. We haven't lost for 5 games and coincidently Bas has featured in the best run this side has had this season. What exactly is it all you Savage knockers want?

I can't believe we have another boring post on this subject. Give the bloke a break for f's sake. You sound like a bunch of inadequate school bullies. We haven't lost for 5 games and coincidently Bas has featured in the best run this side has had this season. What exactly is it all you Savage knockers want?

ye and we may have won instead of drawn a couple of games if we had a cutting edge such as a marcus stewarts finishing, Bas savage can hardly kick a ball!

A decent striker in his place. Or even one that looks like he might score sometime in his career. We haven't lost for 5 games for various reasons- luck, Brooker, a settled team. it has nothing to do with Savage. It seems that hard work and passion are all thats needed these days for city fans, and that it can be substituted for real quality which is is what we miss all over the park. Just shows how standards have dropped. Oh and not all of us are school kids mate- some of us happen to be old enough to know that Savage is one of the most untalented players that the club has seen for 20 years.

Guest Tactical Genius

What exactly is it all you Savage knockers want?

The suggestion that a so called striker might actually score a goal at some point in a football match would help.

He was dreadful at Gillingham. Didn't cause Rotherham any problems

i think you've got savage confused with your eyelids as I'm certain you had your eyes closed during those games.

if you just look at the size of him its impossible for him not to cause problems

he ran into some defender at gillingham and knocked him into the stand - we're in a relegation dogfight now and playing pretty football got us into it.

some of our fans have got to realise that the players we buy are not premiership class. look at brentford - big bloke at the front, big bloke at the back, play ping pong between them at they're top

we got that now but also other players in between who can play football

is it any coincidence that we lose 9 games straight - are bottom of the elague when stewart plays - baz plays 5 games and we're unbeaten in them (ok basso may have helped) but brookers playing alot better with a man to take the focus off him.

he's scored nearly the same ammount of goals in 5 games than he did all season with stewart

whose got higher wages? we're in debt and stewart isnt exactly helping with his wages

i think you've got savage confused with your eyelids as I'm certain you had your eyes closed during those games.

if you just look at the size of him its impossible for him not to cause problems

he ran into some defender at gillingham and knocked him into the stand - we're in a relegation dogfight now and playing pretty football got us into it.

some of our fans have got to realise that the players we buy are not premiership class. look at brentford - big bloke at the front, big bloke at the back, play ping pong between them at they're top

we got that now but also other players in between who can play football

is it any coincidence that we lose 9 games straight - are bottom of the elague when stewart plays - baz plays 5 games and we're unbeaten in them (ok basso may have helped) but brookers playing alot better with a man to take the focus off him.

he's scored nearly the same ammount of goals in 5 games than he did all season with stewart

whose got higher wages? we're in debt and stewart isnt exactly helping with his wages

We haven't played pretty football at all this season. Our 9 game losing streak was to do with having the lightweight midfield duo of Skuse and Wilkshire, and we badly missed Heywood/Brooker. Stewart is much better than Savage over 90 mins- just look at the Huddersfield game. Also how many shots did Savage had at Gillingham? How many chances did he make? He is just as awkward to play with as against. If you're happy with that quality of player coming in then fair enough but he just sin;t good enough to get us anywhere in this league.

We haven't played pretty football at all this season. Our 9 game losing streak was to do with having the lightweight midfield duo of Skuse and Wilkshire, and we badly missed Heywood/Brooker. Stewart is much better than Savage over 90 mins- just look at the Huddersfield game. Also how many shots did Savage had at Gillingham? How many chances did he make? He is just as awkward to play with as against. If you're happy with that quality of player coming in then fair enough but he just sin;t good enough to get us anywhere in this league.

You've got to cut your cloth accordingly mate. I would give Savage a contract until the end of the season and then, after avoiding relegation, make a decision on whether we can use him if we want to progress upwards. Unfortunately, at the moment, we are in a relegation battle and the type of players we need through the middle of the park need to be just that - "battlers" which you cannot deny Savage is.

Marcus Stewart is an overpaid liability who gets caught offside twenty odd times per game, has a poor scoring record this season and is not compensating by bringing other things to the team, cannot be bothered to run for "the club he apparently loves" and gives the outward impression of being one of the few players in the squad at the moment still unwilling to work to Johnson's now refined methods. The one thing Bas Savage does, whether by accident or not, I couldn't care less, is transfer a reasonable percentage of balls played into him to someone else in a red shirt. Not amazing you might think but go and ask the midfield players how much less running they have to do in 90 minutes compared to playing with forwards who look disinterested and let the ball bounce off them all match. 90 minutes of playing yo-yo football is no fun for any midfield player.

I'm sure that Johnson will bring in a pacy forward to play alongside Brooker in the transfer window but I would not be surprised if Savage stays at least until the end of the season for us to use as "the extra club in the bag" as Johnson himself put it. The time to think about fancy football and getting promoted is when THIS SEASONS relegation battle is won. And as long as Savage makes a contribution to that battle I am happy to see him remain at the club.

A decent striker in his place. Or even one that looks like he might score sometime in his career. We haven't lost for 5 games for various reasons- luck, Brooker, a settled team. it has nothing to do with Savage. It seems that hard work and passion are all thats needed these days for city fans, and that it can be substituted for real quality which is is what we miss all over the park. Just shows how standards have dropped. Oh and not all of us are school kids mate- some of us happen to be old enough to know that Savage is one of the most untalented players that the club has seen for 20 years.

You appear to be in dream world. No one thinks that quality isn't important, but the fact of the matter is that you need the tough bruisers who will give their all in a relegation scrap. If we were top the table and coasting then he might not do, perhaps even Stewart would look a little more interested.

When was the last time we had real quality in the team? From what standard have we dropped? What halcyon days are you reminiscing about? We've been a rubbish side for years.

How does knocking Savage (who, whether you like it or not has contributed to our 5 game unbeaten streak) help anyone at the moment anyway? We haven't got a decent (or better) striker to replace him with. And please don't start going on about Stewart, the bloke's a waste of space who's here on a pre-retirement holiday down his local with the occasional trip down the Gate.

Guest Ronmeister

It's obvious that Bas is here to do a job until January alongside Brooks; he is the only striker that can partner him that has any physical presence. Cotterill, Stewart & Gillespie are far too lightweight. So, Bas Savage was brought in temporarily to fill a gap in our forward line. In January, we will have someone more effective to do this for us, someone more in the Brooker mould (but with a lick of pace) than Savage.

He had a job to do, he did it. Cut him some slack.

If Bas Savage is offered any sort of contract with this club, we are officially a joke.

I think we officially became a joke down at Swansea earlier in the season, with players like Bridges excelling themselves and during our 9 match losing streak when Stewart's form was legendary (in his own mind, at least). Bas Savage has plenty of faults but can any City fan on this forum say that they have seen him "throw in the towel" when wearing a red shirt in the disgraceful way that other players in our apparently talented squad have on plenty of occasions this season? It seems a few of you have short memories now we are picking up a few points. Go back and read your whingeing posts about Stewart's alleged drinking antics - now the bloke is some kind of god (although I'm sure someone with God's ability would manage to stay onside more often than Stewart!!).

I still think that if Stewart hadn't of been suspended we would have won by more at PV and had more of a goal threat against Gillingham. Savage has played 4 games now and I don't think he has had a single shot at goal of note, if at all. Yes, Stewart gets offside alot but against Huddersfield he worked very hard and for people to say he is lazy after that are talking rubbish. He has had 5 mins in 2 games now, which is nowhere near enough to show how much better he is than Savage. I have always defended GJ through the 9 game losing streak but this is something that I will not defend him for.

Guest Ronmeister

I still think that if Stewart hadn't of been suspended we would have won by more at PV and had more of a goal threat against Gillingham. Savage has played 4 games now and I don't think he has had a single shot at goal of note, if at all. Yes, Stewart gets offside alot but against Huddersfield he worked very hard and for people to say he is lazy after that are talking rubbish. He has had 5 mins in 2 games now, which is nowhere near enough to show how much better he is than Savage. I have always defended GJ through the 9 game losing streak but this is something that I will not defend him for.

Stewart had 15 minutes today, and did nothing but stop a good Murray run and give the ball to Yeovil.

He's past it.

Archived