IGNORED

What Yeovil Did Well - Can Gj Achieve This At Ag?

samj100

Watched Yeovil yesterday and was dissapointed with the performance, i was looking forward to an exciting match but our boys just didn't come to town, We were extremetly poor 1st half and although the performance picked up we were still second best in the 2nd. At the end of the day if you can come away from an away game after a performace like that with a point any supporter has got to be pleased.

Yeovil for me looked a far better side on the day but the few things that they did extremely well is put city under alot of pressure. It is the 1st team i have seen all season that played football at a quick snappy pace. Lee J was great switched the ball across the park all day confusing the defence and not letting us settle and defend.

They took there free kicks short as much as possible this is obviously a team that like to play football, keep the ball (we all know how important that is) and if you noticed play it especially on the deck. It was good to watch and could be a sign of things to come. I have not seen yeovil play before but i understand that GJ likes his team to play football and he has to take some of the credit for that performance.

Another thing that they did is many times there forwards were running off the wingers into wide postitions taking our full backs out of position and allowing them to get crosses in, one of which they scored their goal from.

It is a bit of a shame but sometimes we are resorting to a long ball from the full backs to the front men which don't often find our man and plus is hard for the forwards to do anything with a ball played to them like that. Do they forget we have a midfield?!! and that is where yeovil were strong playing inventive football starting at the midfield. The likes of orr especially who has been FANTASTIC defencively need to be playing a short ball to our midfield whenever possible because we all know that his distribution isn't the greatest! Then we can start the attack from there.

I for one am confident that we will start seeing that kind of football at AG, with the players we have and the ones to come in i dare say it, i think we will be irresistible! I have my full faith in GJ

COME ON YOU REDS!

Archived