IGNORED

B.a.s

tompo

Opinion on Bas Savage apperars to be polarised. Its a bit like Marmite - you either love him or you hate him.

There has been enough debate on whether he should be in the team or not but its about time the Bas lovers got together and enrolled in B.A.S (the Bas Appreciation Society).

I agree that Bas may not be the most talented player ever to wear the City shirt but I have the feeling that he is fast achieving cult status.

Brooker has looked a different player since Savage has taken some of the pressure away from him. At times Savage had two or three players around him which was creating space for Murray and Brooker to exploit. He had another good game today and deserved a goal.

Overall I would say that today was the best team performance that I have seen from a City side for a long time. There was plenty of passion and committment and a couple of players, most noticably Carey and Murray, seem to have been re-born. I thought that Noble was unlucky not to have been given MOM. He had an outstanding game in the middle today.

I'm a fully paid up member of B.A.S. Anyone else?

Guest harveythompson

Opinion on Bas Savage apperars to be polarised. Its a bit like Marmite - you either love him or you hate him.

There has been enough debate on whether he should be in the team or not but its about time the Bas lovers got together and enrolled in B.A.S (the Bas Appreciation Society).

I agree that Bas may not be the most talented player ever to wear the City shirt but I have the feeling that he is fast achieving cult status.

Brooker has looked a different player since Savage has taken some of the pressure away from him. At times Savage had two or three players around him which was creating space for Murray and Brooker to exploit. He had another good game today and deserved a goal.

Overall I would say that today was the best team performance that I have seen from a City side for a long time. There was plenty of passion and committment and a couple of players, most noticably Carey and Murray, seem to have been re-born. I thought that Noble was unlucky not to have been given MOM. He had an outstanding game in the middle today.

I'm a fully paid up member of B.A.S. Anyone else?

Where do i sign! Big Bas is a legend

I'll sign up for that.

If I'm honest I think he's pretty hopeless and its hard to believe that he's actually a proffessional footballer at times. BUT until opposing teams figure him out, he'll continue to attract more than his fair share of defenders - and thats good for the team.

And far more importantly - he entertains. Players like Brooker and Heywood may be brutally effective, but they don't entertain you in the same way as BS does. His clueless runs and woeful ball-control give the crowd something to talk, laugh, gasp and cheer about.

He's one of those 'cult' footballers who you have a good laugh about in years to come.

Bring on the T-shirts !

why not have a double sided t-shirt

BAS

image of savage

FRONT

BAS

image of basso

BACK

the two newcomers in defence and attack .if i knew how to use a computer i could of shown the t-shirt design but as i am a complete dumbthuck you will have to use your imagination.

Need to think of some songs for him.

To the tune of "Viera ,Viera" (as sung by the Arsenal fans until he left):

Bas Savage, woah, Bas Savage, woah.

He's never scored a goal, we saved him from the dole.

Bas Savage, woah...

Or to the tune of "he's here, he's there, he's every ######ing where":

He's big, he's black, the fans are on his back, Bas Savage, Bas Savage!

From what I have seen the guy certainly didn't deserve the criticism that he received, nor does he deserve the ironic cheers he was getting either.

I don't believe that his ability on the deck is any worse than Robbie Turner or Wayne Allison and so far he has worked equally as hard as either of them. Today he not only made himself available as KNR said but his running off the ball created a lot of space for others especially Murray. This suggests someone with a decent footballing brain not a joke figure.

He only turns 24 on Saturday so has some time to improve as many target men don't hit their peak until their mid twenties. If he really want's to do so he could take a leaf out of Kevin Nugents book and play within his limitations, he may not be so entertaining, but he would be more effective.

PS. He should have had a penalty today...

Guest The Codfather 0312
I'll sign up for that.

If I'm honest I think he's pretty hopeless and its hard to believe that he's actually a proffessional footballer at times. BUT until opposing teams figure him out, he'll continue to attract more than his fair share of defenders - and thats good for the team.

And far more importantly - he entertains. Players like Brooker and Heywood may be brutally effective, but they don't entertain you in the same way as BS does. His clueless runs and woeful ball-control give the crowd something to talk, laugh, gasp and cheer about.

He's one of those 'cult' footballers who you have a good laugh about in years to come.

Bring on the T-shirts !

Hopeless? What are you on? I was very impressed with him today, He might be a bit slow for someone with that size legs but he can pass that ball and bring players into the attack and holds the ball up well.

Well Done Bas and hope you get that goal soon.

I enjoyed the atmos today, The Bas laughter whenever he did somthing usefull was extreemly funny! However i think when we go through our next bad patch the butchers will be out gunning for Bas's head and he will have had it! CHOP!

Agreed, will be very interesting how the crowd react to him when we go through a bad patch.

Archived