IGNORED

Algarve

billybob

Goodness knows where they are staying but why reward failure with a free holiday? If my performance management targets had left me under achieving, I really don't think my employer would be that generous. A fair reward would see the squad back-packing down the Pennine Way.

Goodness knows where they are staying but why reward failure with a free holiday? If my performance management targets had left me under achieving, I really don't think my employer would be that generous. A fair reward would see the squad back-packing down the Pennine Way.

In what way are they rewarding failure? They are rewarding the team's efforts in a very busy period which saw them go 6 games unbeaten and take 14 points out of a possible 18. It's not like they're going to be on the beach and in the clubs (well let's hope not...) - it's a training camp!

I doubt there will be much relaxation. However, given some of the well-publicised 'incidents' involving some of our squad in recent months, hopefully they'll be on their best behaviour.

Guest Ronmeister

Honestly, there's always got to be one... :rolleyes:

This team isn't the best team in the league, but after losing 9 in a row we've pulled back to 6 games undefeated, beating the likes of Huddersfield, Port Vale and Walsall in that time.

Not a bad effort if you ask me - 'Demoralised' changed to 'destroying the league' :dunno:

Guest Ronmeister

:laugh: The likes of Port Vale and Walsall!! What giant killers we are!

:rofl2br:

All of whom were there or abouts at least 10 places higher than us at the time :blink:

They didn't under-perform at all - in fact they over-performed!

Their manager - chairman, SL - requested they take 12 points from a possible 18 to achieve a free holiday. They managed to achieve 14. That's a good return, and worthy of a reward. Particularly as they'd previously taken 0 from a possible 27 points!

Maybe SL should set more targets like that...

Guest Ronmeister

WOW! a whole 10 places??

which was what....3 or 4 pts? And where are they now?

Mate, they're poor teams with less quality than ourselves.

On the back of 9 defeats i'd say that's more than a decent return from our boys :dunno:

Guest harveythompson

Could this be the only reason they are playing well? Maybe when they get back they will be back to the side we all used to hate as they have no incentive to play well :dunno:

GJ says on the mainsite that it is a reward for an agreed target, i.e. at least 12 points from the next 6 games. They achieved 14 and so they get their reward. Sounds like perfect performance management to me

Let's look at it realisticly.

It's 3 or 4 days away, training. It's not a 2 week holiday in the Carribbean!

I think it's a good idea, but I don't want to see them exiting all the Cup's next season and packing their golf clubs in preparation either!

Also take some positives.

At least the team have shown they can play together. And it least it shows they want to go on 'hoiday' together, so team spirit between themselves and GJ can't be bad?

Let's look at it realisticly.

It's 3 or 4 days away, training. It's not a 2 week holiday in the Carribbean!

I think it's a good idea, but I don't want to see them exiting all the Cup's next season and packing their golf clubs in preparation either!

Also take some positives.

At least the team have shown they can play together. And it least it shows they want to go on 'hoiday' together, so team spirit between themselves and GJ can't be bad?

Is this leading up to a group hug RedM :dunno:

If GJ wants to spice up this little respite, he could be very naughty.

1. Room mates, Basso and Phillips

2. Room mates, Savage and Stewart.

3. Team meals, the same duos sat next to each other.

4. You could add Wilkshire with Orr, a scouser with an aussie, they would need sub-titles.

OK forum add some scenes and stir !

If GJ wants to spice up this little respite, he could be very naughty.

1. Room mates, Basso and Phillips

2. Room mates, Savage and Stewart.

3. Team meals, the same duos sat next to each other.

4. You could add Wilkshire with Orr, a scouser with an aussie, they would need sub-titles.

OK forum add some scenes and stir !

:rofl2br::rofl2br: Your cruel... but funny... :devil:

Reward the players?!

They should be rewarding the fans by doing something for them, if anything, like a quid off per ticket etc.

I can see it now - they'll all get pi######ed up for the duration and think they've achieved something already this season. They should be getting their heads down in training and working like their paid to do until the end of the season, not swanning off to Portugal.

The final table should determine whether they go on holiday.

Made me laugh though - this holiday has come about following as moment of weakness from the Chairman. ....when he'd had one too many Guinesses! This for a team known historically for its drinking exploits.

Reward the players?!

They should be rewarding the fans by doing something for them, if anything, like a quid off per ticket etc.

I can see it now - they'll all get pi######ed up for the duration and think they've achieved something already this season. They should be getting their heads down in training and working like their paid to do until the end of the season, not swanning off to Portugal.

The final table should determine whether they go on holiday.

Made me laugh though - this holiday has come about following as moment of weakness from the Chairman. ....when he'd had one too many Guinesses! This for a team known historically for its drinking exploits.

How ironic! :rofl2br:

I think it's quite refreshing to hear interviews from Johnson with a bit of humour. So what if the Chairman's had a few drinks ( I think he needed them more than most) and promised a few days away. Many companies encourage teambuilding and reward their staff. They may not find it's all fun anyway, remember the 10 mile run and then up Brean Down pre-season? GJ is no fool and it seems he and the players have developed an understanding!

Who knows where we'd be if he hadn't offered that incentive? I'd rather have the points and think of the players on the beach than wonder where our next points are coming from!

Maybe, just maybe the players aren't getting such a Freebie after all. I would imagine there have been some hefty fines imposed this season. Could it be their trip is self funding or was SL really that Merry! :D

Note: I am a bit 'Happy Clappy' at the moment, give me a few days of Dreary January and I'm sure I'll be back to normal!!! :shutup:

Archived