IGNORED

Have We Turned The Corner?

Andy082005

I think we really have turned the corner now, we have a squad (not just 6 or 7 players) who FINALLY appear to be pulling together in the right direction, I havent seen this since the days of Danny Wilson. The players look fitter then ive ever seen them, Murray has been a revelation, playing his best football for a long time.

Bas Savage, for all the jokes, has been a good signing. He takes the pressure of being the only "target man" off Brooker. Since Bas has been up front, Brooker has looked a completely different player. He has always said he doesnt like to be known as the target man, they both compliment each other very well.

Noble and Russell look a class act, still think we could do with someone who can put in some tough tackles though.

Carey, getting back to his best....at last.

Basso, this guy is nuts.....but you cant help but love the bloke, a real crowd pleaser, and turning into a cracking little keeper to.

Another point I would like to make is how we are playing football again. Go back 2 months ago, all we were doing was WHOOOSHING it up the field everytime we defended our box. Now were playing the ball out of trouble, passing it out of the box and keeping hold of possession. By doing this, it limits the chances of the other team, and as you could see today, demoralises them

I get the impression the relationship with the fans and club is getting back on track to, the fans can see how hard the lads are trying and how much they want it,.

Hopefully with one or three new signings over the next two weeks, we could be on for a brighter 2006

Good points there, especially agree with you about Bas taking the pressure off Brooker. You may well also be right about needing a real tough-tackler in the middle - I've been impressed with Noble and Russell, but neither are particularly big men and maybe a more physical presence will be useful against big sides - however, Tommy Doc on form never had a problem as a small guy...

I get the impression the relationship with the fans and club is getting back on track to, the fans can see how hard the lads are trying and how much they want it,.

A big factor I think in our turnaround. As I said in another post, there is a feel-good factor around City again. Johnson knows how to work a crowd - and have you noticed how all our players and the manager make an effort to acknowledge all the supporters at the end of a game? Good management and it's really good to see. It has a positive effect with the fans getting behind the players as we can all see they're working hard and getting stuck in. And thats what we all want to see!

Fantastic. Just another 3 corners to turn and...

we'll be back where we started.

Johnson will get this club promoted. But not this year.

I'll feel more confident when we start bossing games the way yeovil did against us.

Some fans have such short memories, it's great that we're away from 24th place and the drop zone, but the side ain't a promotion challenging one just yet.

Guest The Codfather 0312
I think we really have turned the corner now, we have a squad (not just 6 or 7 players) who FINALLY appear to be pulling together in the right direction, I havent seen this since the days of Danny Wilson. The players look fitter then ive ever seen them, Murray has been a revelation, playing his best football for a long time.

Bas Savage, for all the jokes, has been a good signing. He takes the pressure of being the only "target man" off Brooker. Since Bas has been up front, Brooker has looked a completely different player. He has always said he doesnt like to be known as the target man, they both compliment each other very well.

Noble and Russell look a class act, still think we could do with someone who can put in some tough tackles though.

Carey, getting back to his best....at last.

Basso, this guy is nuts.....but you cant help but love the bloke, a real crowd pleaser, and turning into a cracking little keeper to.

Another point I would like to make is how we are playing football again. Go back 2 months ago, all we were doing was WHOOOSHING it up the field everytime we defended our box. Now were playing the ball out of trouble, passing it out of the box and keeping hold of possession. By doing this, it limits the chances of the other team, and as you could see today, demoralises them

Hopefully with one or three new signings over the next two weeks, we could be on for a brighter 2006

I don't feel it was as entertaining as the Danny Wilson days when every attack could turn into a gaol but if we win like that every week I wouldn't care.

It did seem like Bristol City are back but in a different way to the Wilson days.

This club turned a corner as soon as Steve Lansdown appointed Gary Johnson to manage us, the best managerial appointment at this club since John Ward 9 years ago.

That is a very good comment. The whole club is finally pulling together, and now i too feel more than ever, due to recent performaces, that we have turned the corner! Keep it up Gary !!! :pray:

• Admin

I don't feel it was as entertaining as the Danny Wilson days when every attack could turn into a gaol but if we win like that every week I wouldn't care.

It did seem like Bristol City are back but in a different way to the Wilson days.

You mean Wilson's 3rd season of course.

In his 4th and final season it was always "score a goal and defend like hell!"

Archived