IGNORED

Points For January

Guest pentlandsl

Guest pentlandsl

Looking at our fixtures for January I think our recent bubble of good form will be tested to the extreme;

I see the matches;

S****horpe (H) - a narrow 1-0 win. Would be more but I don't think the break is going to do us any favours.

Colchester (A) - Heart says 0-0 but head says a 2-1 defeat.

Blackpool (A) - A narrow win is possible here, (following a GJ roasting for the previous loss!)

Swansea (H) - Cannot realistically see us getting a point here, although a draw is possible with Trundle out.

In summary - optimistically 8 points from 12, realistically 6 points from 12.

Anyone disagree?

(Dons asbestos suit and awaits flaming!)

The way we're playing at Ashton Gate the last few games suggests that both home matches are winnable. Blackpool away we should do ok, but often struggle at, whilst Colchester is the opposite in that we should struggle but normally do ok there.

Win one of the two away games as well as both home matches and we've got 9 points from 12. Snatch a draw in the other away game and we'll have picked up 10 points and be safely mid table, looking upwards instead of down.

Then again, I'm the eternal optimist

We should be looking at 7 points. Swansea are not in the best of form at the moment and Trundle is likely to miss the game at Ashton Gate, and with our recent good form we are capable of beating them, but I'd say a draw is most likely. S****horpe are near the bottom of the form table and have the worst defence in the league. Blackpool are below us and even though we've not had the best of times up there recently, we should be looking at an away win. Colchester however are in great form and I can see us losing that one.

S****horpe (H) - On present form a definate win, also a very important game due to the position near to us as well..

Colchester (A) - Heart says 1-0 loss, head say 0-3 loss, they are enjoying a really good run at the moment and if we managed to get a point then I'd be pleased.

Blackpool (A) - Historically a bad hunting ground for City but give the recent improvement in our form I fancy a win.

Swansea (H) - Swansea are beginning to slow down down at the top and I fancy we'll be right up for this game, I wager a 1-0 win to the City

9 out of 12 for me then - do nicely !! :pray:

Swansea (H) - Swansea are beginning to slow down down at the top and I fancy we'll be right up for this game, I wager a 1-0 win to the City

It would be nice to think that if our form continues and the good team spirit continues to increase that the team will be looking to exact some revenge for the pride denting 7-1 result. A performance like yesterday would be great.

scnthorpe are looking very shakey right now, and i would be dissapointed if we didn't nick a win, especially after the last two performances at home.

colchester are on fire, but remember they have more games in the period we are resting, so injuries and suspentions could play a part. plus jamie curiton added much to their resont sucess with his form, and now he is back at swindon, so it depends on the state of their team more than our own. a very hard fought draw would be great, but might get beat.

blackpool must be beaten. they are below us, riddled with problems, both off field and on (first time player-manager, injuries). if we lose to colchester we MUST win it, but i'd hope we look good for a point or more.

swansea will be a real test. with trundle either out or just back from a serious injury, anderson off with a 'nose' problem and tudor-jones likely to be out we could get something. they havent looked amazing the last few weeks and it has been suggested they have little depth in the squad. i'd be very happy with a point and pleasently surprised at a win. again depends on us as much as them. injuries, suspentions, new signings. all couyld help/hinder us.

all in all i'm being mega positive. want 8 from the next four, but would settle for 6. roll on the johnson revolution! :)

I think we have to be realistic, we must win 2 of the games and get a point from one of the others, 2 away games and home to Swansea look very likely that we will lose atleast one of them, Id be happy with 7 points!

S****horpe- is a definate must win- 3 points

Colchester- We don't usually win away at colchester, i expect a defeat- 0 points

Backpool- Another must win game- 3 points

Swansea- feel we can match anyone in our league at home, i expect a draw- 1 point

Total of 7 points, i would not be surprised if we beat swansea though!

Guest pentlandsl

8 Points and if you think that we can't get a point at home to any tean in Div 1 you need to go and see a few more games....

Sorry, sworn off them for this season, no matter what happens. I still feel we are in the "one swallow does not a summer make" territory and despite the progress we seem to be making, I still remember what happened when GJ first took over, a honeymoon period before the players went back to their old lazy ways. You cannot change a leopard's spots and the lazy, night-clubbing players will be back at it sooner rather than later when they think the spotlight is a bit dimmer after a reasonable run.

I may regain my enthusiasm before the start of next season but I was cheated at the start of this one and I seem to have a longer memory than some supporters and am less fickle. I want value for money, players busting a gut week in, week out regardless of where in the table they are, whether they are 1-0 up or 2-0 down, whether it is in a tacky little stadium with a ploughed field on a wet, cold Tuesday night or Old Trafford and a club that doesn't dump on the supporters and take them for granted.

I'm hoping the club learn a lot of lessons from this season and perhaps remember that the supporters are the lifeblood of the club not just a cash cow to be fobbed off with tacky goods, poor service and above all contempt.

I could never support another club but BCFC have to earn the right to my limited income in future.

Ashton Gate has is becoming a fortress again, after the last 3 fantastic home performances. I believe we can win both home games, especially against swansea if trundle is still out, they appear to have done nothing while he's been injured. Blackpool could go either way, but i can see us nicking it 1-0 or more likely a draw. Colchester will be the toughest of the 3 with them on form, a point would be nice but i think a defeat is more realistic.

10 points would be good but i can see it being more like 7 or 8

I'm not going to get carried away.

certainly scuuny at home are beatable. I'm not expecting a whole lot from colchester... they are on a good run and their gaff has never been particularly lucky for us.

blackpool away is a huge game for both sides. its certainly winable, but its more likely to be quite a cagey affair, possibly a score draw.

swansea at home? we could get a shock 2-1 win, but swansea will be favourites. realistically, a draw would be a good result.

I'm thinking of the four games, we will probably pick up something like 4-5 points. as long as the teams around us don't pick up as much, I'll settle for that.

as for the teams just above us...

gillinghams next four games are barnsley, swindon, oldham, rotherham

hartlepools are yeovil, tranmere, swansea, blackpool.

scunny play us, doncaster, port vale and mk dons

port vale play rotherham, barnsley, colchester, s****horpe

tranmere have bournemouth, hartlepool, swansea and bradford

and the teams just below us...

rotherham have port vale, bournemouth, forest and gillingham

blackpool have huddersfield, us, doncaster and hartlepool

swindle have gillingham, walsall, bournemouth and southend

mk dons have swansea, yeovil, barnsley and brentford

compared to some of those, we should be able to climb a few places after the next four games.

Archived