IGNORED

Another Break At The Wrong Time?

downendcity

After great results at the start of GJ's time here, am I right in thinking that we had a 10 day break ( for international call ups) following which we hit our run of 9 defeats on the bounce.

I am a bit worried that having got on another run of decent form and results we have another 10 day break. Will this lead to another change in form and fortune, especially as we have some tough games coming up in the next few weeks?

Also, is it better to take the players away rather than keep them working hard on the training ground while we have no games or will the players see it as a reward and respond accordingly?

What do you think?

I can see your point about the momentum and the break, but the players have just played 4 games in 8 days and it'll do them a lot of good to have a proper rest before the next match. The key difference last time was the nightclub incident and its effect on the team morale. Let's keep everything crossed that nothing similar happens this time!

After great results at the start of GJ's time here, am I right in thinking that we had a 10 day break ( for international call ups) following which we hit our run of 9 defeats on the bounce.

I am a bit worried that having got on another run of decent form and results we have another 10 day break. Will this lead to another change in form and fortune, especially as we have some tough games coming up in the next few weeks?

Also, is it better to take the players away rather than keep them working hard on the training ground while we have no games or will the players see it as a reward and respond accordingly?

What do you think?

The break should be good for any niggling injuries and going away doesn't mean a holiday. They will be training in different surroundings and on better pitches than they would getat home this time of the year. Add to that a bit of team bonding and it is a good idea.

The last break we had, technically, was before the Bradford game.

An up turn in performances has been evident since then. Lets hope this one brings an further increase :)

I thought the break was bad timing to be honest. We all know too many players like a drink or twelve so it could have spelled disaster. When we won three in a row and we had those players arrested it was followed by nine straight defeats.

I think Steve L has produced a master stroke in sending the players to the sun or "training camp". It gets them away from Bristol and hopefully away from potential trouble. Gary Johnson can keep an eye on them as well as building up the all important team spirit that is required for this Club to move forward. Time will tell of course, but a good decision from Steve in my book.

Well done Steve L!

we had a 10 day break before the bradford game and came out of the traps flying. i think the internotional break sent player all over the place, and GJ hadn't yet got through to them what he needed to. the second break (before bradford) helped the squad focus on the task in hand. i full expect the algarve break to be a positive, not negative influence on our up coming fixtures.

Archived