IGNORED

No Matter What

BIGPHIL

I find it amazing that dispite thew way the team are playing , and dispite the results + performance of all over the last few games all we get are dissatisfied individuals who call themselves supporters. You would at least think that with GJ being able to put out an unchanged team, that have picked up 24points from a possible 18 SUPPORTERS would be pleased. But guess what. Nothing like it. Is it not just a little bit much to ask, for our suppoters if thats what they are to congratulate the team on there sucess. Having trawled through comments made we know appear to have a team that are showing no improvment following a 9 match losing run. They knock BS efforts why? in general because they feel MS should be playing in his place. They knock AB because he is a bit of a showman compared to SP, but he has performed with consistancy. BO or CW appear to be underperforming according to the whingers so what do they want. Maybe if GJ had continued his losing run, MS had shown no enthusiasum as has seemed when playing, opponents were againg breezing through our defence they would be happy to talk the Club up. Personnaly I don't think so. The difference would be they would have real cause to complaint. why not give these players a break from unwarrented critisism and give credit where credit is due. If you support Bristol City, support the team that at this present moment in time are delivering what we all should want. some success.

I think I managed to read all that. So far as I can see there has been a large reduction in the amount of complaining going on since we started winning again. I've not seen a single word of criticism for Adriano Basso, Bas still has his knockers but they're becoming thinner on the ground with every match.

A few people are expressing concerns with certain positions on the pitch, but pretty much only in a constructive way so far as I can see but isn't that exactly what a forum is for, to express opinions?

A few weeks ago this board was getting extremely depressing to read but, as you'd expect with recent form, things are looking a lot more positive on here nowadays

I find it amazing that dispite thew way the team are playing , and dispite the results + performance of all over the last few games all we get are dissatisfied individuals who call themselves supporters. You would at least think that with GJ being able to put out an unchanged team, that have picked up 24points from a possible 18 SUPPORTERS would be pleased. But guess what. Nothing like it. Is it not just a little bit much to ask, for our suppoters if thats what they are to congratulate the team on there sucess. Having trawled through comments made we know appear to have a team that are showing no improvment following a 9 match losing run. They knock BS efforts why? in general because they feel MS should be playing in his place. They knock AB because he is a bit of a showman compared to SP, but he has performed with consistancy. BO or CW appear to be underperforming according to the whingers so what do they want. Maybe if GJ had continued his losing run, MS had shown no enthusiasum as has seemed when playing, opponents were againg breezing through our defence they would be happy to talk the Club up. Personnaly I don't think so. The difference would be they would have real cause to complaint. why not give these players a break from unwarrented critisism and give credit where credit is due. If you support Bristol City, support the team that at this present moment in time are delivering what we all should want. some success.

What a wonderful place this forum would be if after a few good results we all thought we were world beaters and after a run of bad results we thought we'd be relegated. Wait a minute....

The nature of this place is that people will always talk about what they'd change, how things could be better/worse, have differing opinions. I'd have thought that was obvious.

Nibor

PS press enter occasionally!

with GJ being able to put out an unchanged team, that have picked up 24points from a possible 18 ...

The man truly is a miracle worker, then.

Seriously, there are some people who seem to take pride in moaning no matter what. Pity them. It can't be much fun always seeing the black side of everything.

It has been a truly awful start to the season. There have been plenty of things that we could rightfully complain about and chew over in the hope of understanding what was going wrong and finding possible solutions to put it right.

But GJ is now doing what he said he'd do - sort it. I for one am going to enjoy it and make the most of it. After all, you can guarantee there'll be more misery ahead. This is Bristol City, after all... :whistle:

Guest The Codfather 0312

I have also noticed that on the back of our latest win alot more fans have been coming back on here. These people were unheared of during our losing streak and now they are back now that we have won a few.

So where were you all then it the clubs hour of need?

I have also noticed that on the back of our latest win alot more fans have been coming back on here. These people were unheared of during our losing streak and now they are back now that we have won a few.

I fail to understand why you've quoted me in your reply. I haven't been away.

Nibor

Guest The Codfather 0312

I fail to understand why you've quoted me in your reply. I haven't been away.

Nibor

Sorry I pressed the quote button by accident. You have never been away and have remained true to the club unlike some.

Sorry I pressed the quote button by accident. You have never been away and have remained true to the club unlike some.

For me, being on here is just something to do while bored at work and nothing to do with support for the club or lack thereof.

I think it's natural that some people get depressed/bored/irritated with some of the stuff on here when things go badly and post less.

You confused me is all.

Nibor

Seriously, there are some people who seem to take pride in moaning no matter what. Pity them. It can't be much fun always seeing the black side of everything.

After all, you can guarantee there'll be more misery ahead.

Oh dear, RedTop, you need to come over to the Chivs philosophical way of life. All it takes is a glass or three of wine and a healthy dose of illusion.

I see pitches of green, red shirts too

And I think to myself...

It's onwards and upwards. Watch out the Premiership.

PS Do you think we'll get relegated? :(

There is an old saying, " if you cant say something nice, say nothing". In a 9 match losing streak there were few positives to mention and many posts were of a critical nature.

Some posters who find it necessary to write in volume, often write a lot of peripheral garbage. Other posters who only write when they feel they have a positive contribution, write a more sensible articulate dialog.

Further, I fail to see how flooding the forum with more posts is an absolute "need" of the club. BCFC and its fans existed for a hundred years or more without the forum. But for some it appears their daily existance revolves around the forum and their own comments.

Guest The Codfather 0312

There is an old saying, " if you cant say something nice, say nothing". In a 9 match losing streak there were few positives to mention and many posts were of a critical nature.

Some posters who find it necessary to write in volume, often write a lot of peripheral garbage. Other posters who only write when they feel they have a positive contribution, write a more sensible articulate dialog.

Further, I fail to see how flooding the forum with more posts is an absolute "need" of the club. BCFC and its fans existed for a hundred years or more without the forum. But for some it appears their daily existance revolves around the forum and their own comments.

I understand what you are saying but what I was saying is fans' have only come back here now rthat we are doing well and I also ment that those fans' have come back to the club now we are doing well.

It doesn't have to be looging on to a forum, It could be attending matches or buying club stuff, Or wearing there shirts around Broadmead.

I just used the forum as a example.

Yes there was alot of negitive posts and threads and there still is now, But there were also some positive threads/posts.

I understand what you are saying but what I was saying is fans' have only come back here now rthat we are doing well and I also ment that those fans' have come back to the club now we are doing well.

It doesn't have to be looging on to a forum, It could be attending matches or buying club stuff, Or wearing there shirts around Broadmead.

I just used the forum as a example.

Yes there was alot of negitive posts and threads and there still is now, But there were also some positive threads/posts.

I think our learned attornay was saying that the whole world loves a winner, success breeds success, and those cliches give the warm feeling in life. Losing does not.

As for the threads, the post said " few positives. and many critical". So yes there were some positives, and many negatives, so there is no disagreement there.

BCFC have always pulled the crowds when on a winning run or in the top half dozen. Been the same since 1948 when I was first taken to the gate............my parents left me there, but unfortunately for them the police took me home.....bummer.

I'm sure some supporters have better things to do during christmas and new year rather than being glued to a computer screen listening to people constantly moan and dribble on about rubbish??

Also maybe most people can access the site and work and don't have the facilities at home?? :disapointed2se:

I also noticed that now we're doing well you seem to have actually gone to a match. Coincidence? :whistle:

Guest Harry Dolman

I really can't understand how you correlate people posting on a MB during a teams poor run with helping the club in their "hour of need" ???

In reality there are certain posters who appear here more frequently when things are going well but equally there are posters who appear here more often when things are going poorly.

How on earth did Bristol City manage before August 5th 2005? :whistle:

where were you before then? :shifty:

Guest The Codfather 0312

I also noticed that now we're doing well you seem to have actually gone to a match. Coincidence? :whistle:

Nope, Didn't have the money before xmas as I was buying xmas presents but now I don't need to buy xmas presents I can go to the matches.

How on earth did Bristol City manage before August 5th 2005? :whistle:

where were you before then? :shifty:

Didn't have internet before then.

:englandsmile4wf: I'VE SUPPORTED CITY SINCE 1959 AND IN ALL THAT TIME I HAVE NEVER RUN CITY DOWN NO MATTER WHAT.ITS THE TEAM FOR ME AND ALWAYS WILL BE.IN 1982 I WAS ONE OF ONLY 32 AWAY FANS WHO WENT TO COLCHESTER(AND LOST AND SO DID THE COACH SO WE GOT THERE LATE!)IF THEY WERE PLAYING BRISLINGTON I'DE STILL BE THERE!THEY HAVE HAD SO MANY UPS AN DOWNS OVER THE YEARS BUT ALL IN ALL THERES NOTHING ELSE I'DE RATHER DO.I WOULD RATHER WATCH CITY RESERVES THAN MAN U ARSENAL CHELSEA OR ANY OF THE OTHER BORING SIDES.WITH ABIT OF LUCK CITY ARE BACK :englandsmile4wf:

Guest Ronmeister

Nope, Didn't have the money before xmas as I was buying xmas presents but now I don't need to buy xmas presents I can go to the matches.

That is unless your misses hides your money again :w00t::laugh:

Guest The Codfather 0312

That is unless your misses hides your money again :w00t::laugh:

Oi, Think il get my scunny ticket in advance so then she can't hide the money.

Didn't have internet before then.

Not being pedantic, but I thought that you ran an internet related business, which went bust recently??

Guest Harry Dolman

Not being pedantic, but I thought that you ran an internet related business, which went bust recently??

Hmm, trying to run an internet business, but not having access to the internet. Maybe, just maybe, thats why it went bust.

Archived