IGNORED

Football Films

mightyreds89

Had an intense and sustained chortaling session (one of lifes biggest pleasures) whilst watching Mike Bassett.

ID was the first hooligan film so just for the sake of originality it gets my vote. (also stars Billy Mitchell a funny little chappy if ever I saw one).

Fever Pitch struck the strongest chord with me though.

'How long have you wanted to be a teacher for? 5 years? How long have I wanted Arsenal to win the championship.....?'

The man just 'knew'.

It's what I remember when England are knocked out of an International tournament or some equally bleak situation and somebody comes along in bliss ignorance (usually female) and says 'don't worry, it's ONLY a game'

It just helps me understand the outlet for my passion that Football provides, and helps put some of lifes other, more trivial matters into perspective.

Also a memorable quote: 'THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT MOMENT OF MY ENTIRE LIFE SO WILL YOU PLEASE PLEASE JUST FU(K1NG **** OFF!!!'

The book's obviously quality to, came free with my copy of Championship Manager '94 but I'll save that tale for another day...

ps/ONLY a game!!! No! Monopoly is ONLY a game!

The Accents were lame but I thought that Green Street was a good film. Yes, things were over exsagerated, but it is a film after all.

ID is better than Football Factory and Green Street in my opinion.

Fever Pitch is a quality film too.

Is there going to be another football film out any time soon?

Goal 2 is out sometime this year i believe this time set at real madrid, then goal 3 is about the world cup i imagine that will hit the big screen sometime in 2007

They're all rubbish except Shaolin Soccer

Agreed.

But as a long-time Will Ferrell fan (Night At The Roxbury!) I enjoyed Kicking & Screaming.

The American take on "soccer" can infuriate me, but I've been to U.S "soccer" matches several levels and that film although stereotypical isn't far off the mark.

Are Americans the only people that pronounce Pele as "PAY-LAY"?

Archived