IGNORED

Undisclosed Fees

midland red

Can anybody explain why these "undisclosed fees" have now become common place in football. Surely the fee and any additional payments are agreed by both clubs prior to the player signing the contract.

So why all of a sudden does both chairmen, both managers and also the player involved know all the financial details but the paying supporters of both clubs are kept in the dark.

These details have to be disclosed at some stage in the clubs finance audit so why not reveal all at the completion of transfer.

It feels as if the supporters suddenly become irrelevant and basically of no importance, it also fuels weeks of speculation on forums like this when surely we should be allowed to know just how much these players have been sold for.

I may not be the only one who finds these type of deals frustrating it"s not as if you can hide from the taxman.

:@

Guest The Codfather 0312
Can anybody explain why these "undisclosed fees" have now become common place in football. Surely the fee and any additional payments are agreed by both clubs prior to the player signing the contract.

So why all of a sudden does both chairmen, both managers and also the player involved know all the financial details but the paying supporters of both clubs are kept in the dark.

These details have to be disclosed at some stage in the clubs finance audit so why not reveal all at the completion of transfer.

It feels as if the supporters suddenly become irrelevant and basically of no importance, it also fuels weeks of speculation on forums like this when surely we should be allowed to know just how much these players have been sold for.

I may not be the only one who finds these type of deals frustrating it"s not as if you can hide from the taxman.

:@

So other clubs don't know how much we have to spend, So therefor can't try pushing the price up.

Guest The Codfather 0312
managers and players talk to each other all the time therefore these become known very easily, so don"t even think it is kept a big secret. The last people to know these details are us the paying public.

Calm down Calm down. You asked a question, We answered it. We will find out the amount in the next few weeks and i'm sure you can wait till then.

Normally two reasons.

The selling club are embarrassed that the fee's so low.

The selling club don't want other clubs to know they've got a few bob and don't want to be quoted inflated fees............although when you look at what's being quoted for League One players, that makes you wonder :)

Everyone knows that Reading have got moneybags Majdeski so they're not worried.

Normally two reasons.

The selling club are embarrassed that the fee's so low.

The selling club don't want other clubs to know they've got a few bob and don't want to be quoted inflated fees............although when you look at what's being quoted for League One players, that makes you wonder :)

Everyone knows that Reading have got moneybags Majdeski so they're not worried.

majdeski was on radio five, with david sheepshanks and that new millwall chairman about a month ago and said that he gave reading fc a strict amount of, quote "pocket money" in june and said that nothing else comes out until next june. said no matter the factors or league position he wasn't going to give any more, and the rule was more to stop himself getting over exited than anything. was probably still something like 3mill but at least city seem to have taken a fair share! :dance:

plus sheepshanks moaned about not having enough funds to make available. considering ipswich sold over 3mill of player in the summer you've got to be surprised.

Calm down Calm down. You asked a question, We answered it. We will find out the amount in the next few weeks and i'm sure you can wait till then.

Sorry old pal but a good rant don"t do any one any harm, i just feel the paying fans should get to know straight away without all this cloak and dagger business.

:ph34r:

Is it important that paying fans know how much? The deal is done, whatever the price, big deal (excuse the pun) nothing we can do about it.

However, I would rather if we sold Goldborne for £300k (for example) that it remains undisclosed because if we are going for a player that is worth £100k, all of a sudden the selling clubs wants £150k-£200k, know what I mean?

MM

However, I would rather if we sold Goldborne for £300k (for example) that it remains undisclosed because if we are going for a player that is worth £100k, all of a sudden the selling clubs wants £150k-£200k, know what I mean?

Usually I'd agree, however in this case the argument makes no sense.

We got over £1.6m in for transfers in the summer, if clubs are going to quote inflated prices then that is going to make them do so.

We're massively in debt, it's quite easy to turn around and point out that most of the transfer income goes towards debt and we only spend a small amount which will stop extortionate fees just as much as not disclosing a fee.

I fear it's simply because the fee was poo.

Nibor

Is it important that paying fans know how much? The deal is done, whatever the price, big deal (excuse the pun) nothing we can do about it.

There are bodies being formed that give supporters a say in the way THEIR club is being run and hopefully situations like these can be addressed, unlike some who just sit on their asses and say"theres nothing we can do".

And thankfully thats my last word on this matter.

:shutup:

Archived