IGNORED

David Noble

Red Skin

Were you at the Top Field when Hitchin Town knocked the Gas out of the FA Cup in the 1st round in 1995/1996? I must admit I abandoned City that day to watch my hometown club humiliate the Gas 2 - 1. :laugh: What a great day and a very drunken night!!

Well, Dave, were you at the Fishponds Road End cheering on the lads?

Were you at the Top Field when Hitchin Town knocked the Gas out of the FA Cup in the 1st round in 1995/1996? I must admit I abandoned City that day to watch my hometown club humiliate the Gas 2 - 1. :laugh: What a great day and a very drunken night!!

what the hell are you on about? Noble is a londoner.

:Crazy: What you on about? :dunno:

Has anyone got any fears of Noble turning in to a Tony Dinning?

Not that he could do worse!

I know what you mean, but unfortunately, thanks to Mr Dinning, that will now be a major worry whenever we sign someone on loan and then permanently. The situation is a bit different though, as Noble has had to come up a division, and will hopefully see it as a big career move. Dinning dropped down a division, and we were warned by Wigan fans when we signed him that he couldn't be arsed most of the time.

Guest Mr Brightside

please kid's, say no to drug's ;)

David Noble was born in Hitchin, as I assume the original poster was.

At the time I guess having a league club like Rovers visit Hitchin was a big thing, and brought a lot of the town to Top Field.

Both being Hitchin lads, I assume the poster was merely asking Noble if he was there that night. Quick search on soccerbase finds out Noble's birthplace by the way lads. :dance:

At the time I guess having a league club like Rovers visit Hitchin was a big thing, and brought a lot of the town to Top Field.

Both being Hitchin lads, I assume the poster was merely asking Noble if he was there that night. Quick search on soccerbase finds out Noble's birthplace by the way lads. :dance:

cleared that up!

Guest The Codfather 0312

But as far as I know Noble doesn't post on this board so why would he ask Noble if he was there on here?

At last some research! Yes, I am a fellow Hitchiner, and yes it was a massive day and night for Hitchin. Ok Noble might not read the forum, but it'd be nice to know if Noble was revelling at beating the Gas like I was that day.

Being a City fan back then too I enjoyed some decent banter with some Gasheads over a beer before the game. The idiot Gas that thrashed Hitchin's tea hut in the away end at the end of the game I avoided though. :@ A great night for a Hitchin s'head all the same. :laugh:

At last some research! Yes, I am a fellow Hitchiner, and yes it was a massive day and night for Hitchin. Ok Noble might not read the forum, but it'd be nice to know if Noble was revelling at beating the Gas like I was that day.

Being a City fan back then too I enjoyed some decent banter with some Gasheads over a beer before the game. The idiot Gas that thrashed Hitchin's tea hut in the away end at the end of the game I avoided though. :@ A great night for a Hitchin s'head all the same. :laugh:

Where did you drink, The Sun or The Coopers?

I lived for a spell over FHW (shoe shop) in the Market Square, when I was A kid.

Archived