IGNORED

Akwasi Fobi-edusei

BigTone

According to Sky we are interested in this Guy. 18 yr old winger from Gillingham.

Is he any good?

Me thinks we only sign up people with names like this so the club shop makes more out of putting the lettering on shirts

We should sign Fastas Fuknskores-Aswel. I have heard good things about him. Think he plays in the Mali 1st division.

For anyone who is interested, here is a short appraisal of the boy from a overseas Gills fan

All I can really tell you is based on what I read, as obviously I don't get to many games these days. It's a bit of a strange story, really, he was with us a few years back as a youth team player, think he may have made one sub appearance, but wasn't considered good enough and we ended up releasing him. Without anyone ever seeming to realise he was back (and with a new name too, he never used to have the Fobi bit!), he suddenly appeared back in our squad about a year later, I think, and has managed to get his way into the first team, mainly thanks to injuries to others. The article refers to him as a winger, though, but he's been played up front as more of an outright striker. In fact we played him on the wing at the weekend due to an injury to one of our normal wingers, and by all accounts he had his worst game for us. Seems like he's pretty fast, not afraid to take people on, very much an unfinished article, but with pretty good potential.

Not convinced myself

Archived