IGNORED

Stewart And Q.p.r.

Dastardly and Muttley

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I haven't seen it! :blush:

The Evil Post today has a quote from Holloway saying that QPR couldn't afford Stewie's wages! :blink:

Are QPR in that much financial trouble, or are we really paying silly money for Stewart? Surely our club at this stage in its development shouldn't be paying wages above the budget of a club like QPR, who lets face it, are a good few years ahead of us at the moment.

I really hope Stewie can start knocking a few in, so that these wages become worthwhile, but at the moment I have to say it's a shocking waste of money. :@

The Evil Post today has a quote from Holloway saying that QPR couldn't afford Stewie's wages! :blink:

Are QPR in that much financial trouble, or are we really paying silly money for Stewart? Surely our club at this stage in its development shouldn't be paying wages above the budget of a club like QPR, who lets face it, are a good few years ahead of us at the moment.

I really hope Stewie can start knocking a few in, so that these wages become worthwhile, but at the moment I have to say it's a shocking waste of money. :@

Agree. I think he needs to shape up or ship out. He's not helping the Club he loves is he!?

i can see hollowhead :pray: getting sacked first

That's just Holloway stirring up rubbish. If they can afford to pay Doherty seven grand for warming the bench then they can afford to pay Stewart half that.

I think Stewart will get a run in the team some time soon, after Savage has a poor game, and now that there is decent service he will score and keep his place.

Nibor

Guest The Codfather 0312

Isn't Steve L paying Ms out of his own pocket?

Guest The Codfather 0312

No more than any other player. Any signing we make while we're making a loss is effectively funded by loans from the board.

Nibor

Sorry I thought I read somewhere when Ms signed that SL was paying all his wages.

Sorry I thought I read somewhere when Ms signed that SL was paying all his wages.

Richard Latham asked SL that question in an interview on World in the summer, and his answer was the one I repeated above. I think it was probably speculated about before that.

Nibor

Guest The Codfather 0312

Richard Latham asked SL that question in an interview on World in the summer, and his answer was the one I repeated above. I think it was probably speculated about before that.

Nibor

Ok thanks that has cleared that up, Coming to think of it I may of read it in the Evil Post and everyone knows what there like.

Nibor

Well if MS cares so much about his beloved Bristol City and all that why doesn't he volunteer to take a wage cut, or just leave the club????????????

Well if MS cares so much about his beloved Bristol City and all that why doesn't he volunteer to take a wage cut, or just leave the club????????????

He already took a large wage cut to come here and he obviously wouldn't be here if he didn't think he could succeed. Why do you think he should leave?

Our problem when we were playing badly was never the front two, it was always the defence being changed every game and a lightweight midfield. Now we've got a stable defence, a stronger midfield and two on fire wingers providing service - and Stewart can't get his place back off Bas to show what he can do with it.

Nibor

That's just Holloway stirring up rubbish. If they can afford to pay Doherty seven grand for warming the bench then they can afford to pay Stewart half that.

£7k, no chance and it probably isn't half that.

I think Stewart will get a run in the team some time soon, after Savage has a poor game, and now that there is decent service he will score and keep his place.

Nibor

Probably done this on the thread I started about Stewy, but let's hope so, although, with at least one striker coming in and Gillespie available at short notice whilst keeping fit at Cheltenham, who knows?

I think its Mr Hollowhead playing games and trying to stir up city fans!

Done it again, forgot to comment : rolling eyes thing inserted here.

He IS the epitame of Scum. (Hollowhead)

We have to admit it's not worked with ST. He wasn't a Johnson signing an the only reason we took him on board was due to his career recorn and the fact he WAS one of us. I'd never play for Scum though, even to get me started of, I can almost guarantee it, rather give up my footballing career I think. I am of course a fan not a player, so am bound to have a slightly different outlook to that of an aspiring and talented young pro footballer.

I accept he took a large wage cut from his point of view, but the actual wages being paid to him by BCFC are still a large part of the overall budget and for whatever reason he has not produced, we would all love him to produce but it just hasn't happened and as such I'm surre GJ would love to be able to bring in oother players by utilising the expenditure currently going to MS, Of course nobody expects him to just walk away but ultimately the move to us hasn't worked (yet)

He already took a large wage cut to come here and he obviously wouldn't be here if he didn't think he could succeed. Why do you think he should leave?

Our problem when we were playing badly was never the front two, it was always the defence being changed every game and a lightweight midfield. Now we've got a stable defence, a stronger midfield and two on fire wingers providing service - and Stewart can't get his place back off Bas to show what he can do with it.

Nibor

I'm sorry but I don't buy into this theory that Stewart would all of a sudden start knocking them in for fun if he got into the side at the moment.

Firstly I think you're underestimating Savages contribution to the team, and secondly, good strikers make their own goals, a la Brooker and Lita last season.

Don't get me wrong I think Stewart is a decent enough player, I just think we could get a similar contribution from someone on half his wages.

I'm sorry but I don't buy into this theory that Stewart would all of a sudden start knocking them in for fun if he got into the side at the moment.

Firstly I think you're underestimating Savages contribution to the team, and secondly, good strikers make their own goals, a la Brooker and Lita last season.

Don't get me wrong I think Stewart is a decent enough player, I just think we could get a similar contribution from someone on half his wages.

Well, you can't make your own goals if you don't have the ball, and I think now that we have a midfield capable of getting him the ball we will see some - we won't know unless GJ tries it though. RE the wages, I never claimed he was great value for money and I'd tend to agree that we could spend it more wisely - however we don't have that option because we've already signed Stewart so we may as well make the best of it.

I will just disagree with you about Savage, he has lots of energy but I don't think his ineffectual running about actually makes a big difference. All this "he creates space for Brooker" talk is countered by the fact that he isn't a goal threat in my view.

Nibor

He certainly is getting that much, not sure if it's basic or basic + bonuses, but that amount I am absolutely sure of.

Nibor

Posted this before but Holloway has said that he could not take Stewart as we insisted on QPR paying the wages in full & as that would be almost double his highest earner at the club he didn't want to upset the apple cart.

I will just disagree with you about Savage, he has lots of energy but I don't think his ineffectual running about actually makes a big difference. All this "he creates space for Brooker" talk is countered by the fact that he isn't a goal threat in my view.

Nibor

So as to not spark another Savage debate I'll agree to disagree, I think he is having a positive effect on the team and the goals will surely come.........eventually :farmer:

Posted this before but Holloway has said that he could not take Stewart as we insisted on QPR paying the wages in full & as that would be almost double his highest earner at the club he didn't want to upset the apple cart.

No he didn't say anything at all about Stewart's wages being double his highest earner, because that would be completely untrue and obviously so. We don't pay our players anything like what they do.

Here's the quote:

Holloway revealed: "I did make an enquiry about Stewart a couple of months ago, but we couldn't afford the money.

"There was no way we could afford to bring him here pemanently, but I did consider a loan.

"That will not be possible unless the money situation changes.

"As far as I know, that is the same, so it doesn't look like a deal will be possible."

What he's referring to is the fact that when he enquired a few months back, we wanted a fee, or wanted QPR to pay off whatever Stewart was entitled to since he hadn't asked for a move. And anyway, I wouldn't put it past Holloway to be deliberately trying to wind up city fans.

Nibor

No he didn't say anything at all about Stewart's wages being double his highest earner, because that would be completely untrue and obviously so. We don't pay our players anything like what they do.

Here's the quote:

What he's referring to is the fact that when he enquired a few months back, we wanted a fee, or wanted QPR to pay off whatever Stewart was entitled to since he hadn't asked for a move. And anyway, I wouldn't put it past Holloway to be deliberately trying to wind up city fans.

Nibor

I didn't get this from any Newspaper but one of his close mates & former playing colleague, who I see for a few bevy's each Sunday.

I didn't get this from any Newspaper but one of his close mates & former playing colleague, who I see for a few bevy's each Sunday.

Well if Stewart is on double what the highest earner at QPR gets I will personally buy you both an entire Sunday's worth of Bevvies.

It isn't true. In fact, I doubt he was on that much even at Sunderland. Someone is telling you porkies.

Nibor

Well if Stewart is on double what the highest earner at QPR gets I will personally buy you both an entire Sunday's worth of Bevvies.

It isn't true. In fact, I doubt he was on that much even at Sunderland. Someone is telling you porkies.

Nibor

Keep believing the Journo's, they Know best!

Keep believing the Journo's, they Know best!

Nope, I wouldnt believe a journalist if they told me the earth was round.

I know that Doherty is on seven grand a week and is not the highest earner there. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out that Stewart is not on 14.

Keep believing sagheads.

Nibor

Archived