IGNORED

Keogh

Rednready

Guest Harry Dolman

I think that Keogh is a good player, certainly better than the loans that GJ brought in, however, GJ doesn't agree and I get the impression his face doesn't fit so I think that both he and Fortune will leave permanently in January and two defenders will come in.

Personally I think it would be a real shame to lose Keogh - he seems to have a lot of attributes to be a decent defender & would be good "ball winner" cover for Heywood. Would think it perfect for him to play alongside an experienced pro like Carey or an inform Partridge. In time I think he'll be better than Heywood cos he has pace too.

I don't think it is a case of his face dosn't fit its just that since he has returned from wycombe we have started winning at the two centre backs look settled why would GJ change a winning line up. It shows he does rate him as when we were short on defenders he didn't let him continue on loan at wycombe and was called back as cover.

The interesting quote is "Keogh really wants to come back to Wycombe".

Gorman has his cash for Tyson, and apart from Keogh is in the market for a goalkeeper. His interest may have been upgraded after letting in 5 goals at home last start.

Keogh is young and was playing regular football at Wycombe. At City he is behind Heywood, Carey and Partridge. Add to that he may still be shell shocked from the 7-1 hiding at Swansea.

Johnson does rate Keogh, he just doesn't think he's ready yet - and considering Johnson inherited a side with the worst defence in the country you can see why he didn't want to be playing such a young lad. I think we'll keep him and he'll be introduced when we have a more stable base.

Sporting Life quotes John Gorman as wanting to sign Keogh. The artical says that Keogh has hardly figured at Ashton Gate since his return from a loan period with Wycombe, and was keen to return to Wycombe.

I was chatting to Rich on Monday night when he was in Oceana, he talked VERY fondly of Wycombe and how he liked the manager... Said that Wycombe came in for him, but (he didnt say which manager) we said that we needed him and his exact word were ''l haven't had a sniff at anything since coming back''.

Watch this space then, but he is a top bloke and in my opinion a good player....

Johnson does rate Keogh, he just doesn't think he's ready yet - and considering Johnson inherited a side with the worst defence in the country you can see why he didn't want to be playing such a young lad. I think we'll keep him and he'll be introduced when we have a more stable base.

Yep, Johnson always has good things to say in interviews about Keogh and I think looks at him as one for the future, he's said as much.

Nibor

Archived