IGNORED

Interesting Comment From Johnson Interview

nickD

drops a hint when talking about Murray about how well

"Jevons scored most of his goals for Yeovil from the left wing position"

hmmmmmmm :)

Thought that as I read it, I can't work out whether it is him ruling out Jevons as he has a similar player already, or eyeing up PJ as a potential replacement for SM.

Thought that as I read it, I can't work out whether it is him ruling out Jevons as he has a similar player already, or eyeing up PJ as a potential replacement for SM.

or yur forgetting ,murray is right winger. ,jevons in the left ,murray on the right makes alot of sense.

the actual quote says that Jevons scored 'starting from a wide position and moving inside.' Surely this means a striker moving out to find space, henry style, and not a left sided midfielder?

Murrays only 31, surely he's got a couple of years left in him?

the actual quote says that Jevons scored 'starting from a wide position and moving inside.' Surely this means a striker moving out to find space, henry style, and not a left sided midfielder?

Murrays only 31, surely he's got a couple of years left in him?

But if GJ thinks Jevons is the right man to replace SM, why wait a couple of years hoping that Murray can retain this form? If we'd replaced Tinnion two years before he'd retired we wouldn't have been left reliant on a midfielder past his best in a central midfield, like we were for the last couple of seasons before he did retire.

Archived