IGNORED

David Raven..found This On The Lfc Forum

BemmyDownRed

From the very reliable Dave Usher over at The Liverpool Way

Liverpool's England u20 international defender David Raven is set to leave the club during the January transfer window. The promising right back has been looking to gain first team experience on loan for some time, but the lack of quality cover for Steve Finnan meant Rafa Benitez was reluctant to allow Raven to leave. However, the imminent arrival of Jan Kromkamp in a swap deal for Josemi means that Benitez can now let Raven move on.

A loan deal is the most likely option, although a permanent deal cannot be ruled out as he is not seen as being in the first team plans and is not happy with reserve team football.

Hearts - who are set to complete the signing of Raven's close friend Darren Potter along with Academy midfielder Francis Smith - are interested but Raven is not keen on moving to Scotland and will be hoping for interest from English clubs. Tranmere showed an interest last summer, and would be an ideal option for Raven, who lives on the Wirral.

A boyhood Liverpool fan, Raven has made four senior appearances for the reds, including a man of the match display at White Hart Lane in the Carling Cup last season.

This lad would make a quality signing I've seen him playing a few time and he looks class...What do you guys think

Guest Ronmeister

Raven is not keen on moving to Scotland

Did you miss this bit??

If he's attracting the attention of clubs with the quality of Hearts, then he will not be coming to Bristol City when we are in this position!

If he's attracting the attention of clubs with the quality of Hearts, then he will not be coming to Bristol City when we are in this position!

Like Lee Miller going to Hearts on loan after not being able to gain a place in our team you mean? I appreciate that now Hearts have a Russian billionaire in charge that they may be able to offer better wages than us, but the standard in Scotland, other than the Old Firm, in general is no better than our league as far as I can see.. - however like the article says he doesnt want to go to Scotland anyway and with our improved standing and a fellow scouser to battle at right back then who knows? Highly unlikely but who knows!!

Guest Ronmeister

Like Lee Miller going to Hearts on loan after not being able to gain a place in our team you mean? I appreciate that now Hearts have a Russian billionaire in charge that they may be able to offer better wages than us, but the standard in Scotland, other than the Old Firm, in general is no better than our league as far as I can see.. - however like the article says he doesnt want to go to Scotland anyway and with our improved standing and a fellow scouser to battle at right back then who knows? Highly unlikely but who knows!!

The reasons for him not being in the team are different than you may think. Don't forget Hearts are only a couple of points Celtic at the top of the SPL.

I appreciate that Hearts are near the top - hence the comment ''in general''Ronmeister - however, now Mr Rix is in charge they are now making the inevitable slide downwards and the usual supects are taking charge....

Would be interested in knowing the reasons that Miller left - I thought that it was lack of form and homesickness? Liked him as a player myself although whenever I think of him the inevitable sitter at the Pig Pen always springs to mind :doh:

If he's attracting the attention of clubs with the quality of Hearts, then he will not be coming to Bristol

Ron thats quality! :rofl2br:

Hearts are a tiny crappy club in some backward league compaired to us.

Yes they can play in Europe, but so what? they'll allways get knocked out at the first stage like all the Mickey mouse SPL teams, has anyone seen an SPL game? talk about the dullest thing i've ever had the misfortune to witness! no skill, no flair, no teams to play either, I've seen better technique and passing in an U9's match, whats IS the point is Scottish football actually?

I would just not bother with football north of Newcastle, ban it. the only interesting about the SPL is Rangers and Celtic, and thats only becuase it's more about politics that football.

I've seen better technique and passing in an U9's match, the truth is Scottland is a dreadful place to live unless your a Scott and they'll never produce a player who would even get near to getting in the England squad becuase they are all too fat from eating bags of mystery, fried mars bars and Iron Bru....whatever is in that putrid smelling liquid only some flabby Scott knows.

if i had to live up there i would probobly just kill myself, there are fates worse that death you know, and spending any length of time in Scottland is one of them.

Oh yeah, and Braveheart is 5h1t!!

Archived