IGNORED

Phillip's And Basso

Guest Basso's Aerobics Instructor

Guest Basso's Aerobics Instructor

Hi everyone. Long time reader of this forum, first time poster.

Deliberated on my username for a while, but it looks like it won't be out of date any time soon after Phillips' shock decision.

A brave decision from him in my opinion, seeing as he stands to gain a lot of money from his testimonial this season. Would be sad to see him go if he does, although he was poor at commanding his area he was an excellent shot stopper and didn't make too many simple mistakes, up until this season. I doubt Johnson has seen the best of Phillips, but as Basso's aerobics instructor, I'd like to take some credit for the no 1's form this season.

COME ON YOU REDS!

Guest ashtonyate

Phillips is upset to be made a scap goat for the 9 defeats I still would have him in the team over basso. I think he will be sourley missed.

Basso may be the new kid on the block but his kicking is poor and a 30 year old who was struggling find a club makes you think he is not all that he is cracked up to be

I think johnson is wrong with his treament of Phillips and Phillips should to made to fell he is wanted by the club.

I think Phillips needed a kick up the 'arris; he was playing in a comfort zone with no challenge. His shot stopping was superb but in the air he was, and still is, a nightmare. How many goals over the past 5 seasons had City conceeded from corners or free kicks? At dead-ball situations the goalkeeper becomes a key player. Phillips was found wanting in many of those situations and that's purely down to his 'dracula' syndrome: he is scared of crosses.

If Phillip's reaction to being dropped is this, then the manager made the right decision.

Phillips is upset to be made a scap goat for the 9 defeats I still would have him in the team over basso. I think he will be sourley missed.

Basso may be the new kid on the block but his kicking is poor and a 30 year old who was struggling find a club makes you think he is not all that he is cracked up to be

I think johnson is wrong with his treament of Phillips and Phillips should to made to fell he is wanted by the club.

no phillips is upset as he has compitition for a change.

after the 9 defeats he need to take a back seat and since

basso has come in the team looks alot better.ask the defenders.

do they feel more safe with basso in goal.

I think Phillips needed a kick up the 'arris; he was playing in a comfort zone with no challenge. His shot stopping was superb but in the air he was, and still is, a nightmare. How many goals over the past 5 seasons had City conceeded from corners or free kicks? At dead-ball situations the goalkeeper becomes a key player. Phillips was found wanting in many of those situations and that's purely down to his 'dracula' syndrome: he is scared of crosses.

If Phillip's reaction to being dropped is this, then the manager made the right decision.

People tend to forget its not only his coming for balls into the box that is dier but his shot stopping at free kicks are also very very bad, ie; gillingham (not the first).

Guest ashtonyate

People tend to forget its not only his coming for balls into the box that is dier but his shot stopping at free kicks are also very very bad, ie; gillingham (not the first).

He has not been the problem at Ashton playing behind that defence and having 7 put past him never done him any favourers his form dip a bit but he was never the real problem.We are going to lose a very good player.Also if any people on this forum was treated the same at work you can bet they would be the same as Phillips.

Also if any people on this forum was treated the same at work you can bet they would be the same as Phillips.

Absolute rubbish!

If I had been in the same position at work, I would have been hell bent on proving everyone wrong by working twice as hard and showing them that they had made a duff decision.

What I wouldn't have done is show that I have an over inflated ego by stamping my foot and going home crying.

Archived