IGNORED

Hayter And Stock Staying Put

Cider Red Sam

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Stor..._927928,00.html

However doesn't say anything about them not being available, just that no-one has bid for them. I personally haven't seen enough of either player to say whether I think we should be attempting to sign either of them, but lots of people on here seem to talk about them a lot so I thought I'd stick this on here (apologies if its already been put up, I couldn't be bothered to check).

its all rubbish. remember the in summer when lansdown said "no, reading haven't ofered 1mill for leroy" then he was gone the next week. and phillips of bournemouth is not one to be trusted either. probably wants hayter to think no one wants him or something. i think this hayter guy is a target for city.

its all rubbish. remember the in summer when lansdown said "no, reading haven't ofered 1mill for leroy" then he was gone the next week. and phillips of bournemouth is not one to be trusted either. probably wants hayter to think no one wants him or something. i think this hayter guy is a target for city.

Maybe they made the bid the following week?

Maybe they made the bid the following week?

i believe it was SLs way of saying "no we don't want 750K mr. madjeki, we want 1mill" after said reading chairman laughed off sugestions that we wanted that much and a sell on. made him look like prize chump in front of steve copple, who he'd promised to get lita for. the chairman wouldn't negotiate so lansdown took it to the back pages. after all if a big club comes in, unsettles a young player and then proceeds to aboid matching a valuation, i don't think spillling covert demands to the media can do much harm.

He hasnt got a great strike rate for a centre forward less than 1 every 3 games,I hope

we are not after him.I rekon will sign someone no one has even mentioned.

Holt, Parkin, Jevons, Agogo :grr: , Hayter, Lambert, Andrews, Knight, Noel-Williams and others.

We must have mentioned them ALL surely :dunno: - unless GJ has got a East European unknown lined up. :dunno:

We couldn't moan if we ended up with Hayter or Jevons and i've often mooted Holt in the past.

However if i had to choose one based on age, value for money, goalcoring record and most likely improver i'd go for a player some of us have been touting on here for a couple of years -Jon Parkin.

It would be great to see an intimidating, no-nonsense man mountain up front for City crunching into opposition defenders and thudding the ball into the top corner with his head. No slouch on the ground either.

Could be the new Cheesley and City could probably get him for less than 100k. :pray:

However if i had to choose one based on age, value for money, goalcoring record and most likely improver i'd go for a player some of us have been touting on here for a couple of years -Jon Parkin.

spot on. he would also be my first choice for a future signing.

brooker likes playing along side taller players, as shown by his performances that led us to sign him next to mathews at port vale and his return to form next to savage. parkin is 6' 3'', built like a brick outhouse and likes to knock them into the old onion bag. i say buy players to compliment our present strengths (such as ol' captain brooker) and sign him up. has a impressive goals and assits per games record over the last few seasons too. he'll be the next steven sidwell for whoever takes a chance on him.

i'd sooner have jevons

i'd sooner have jevons

i wasn't saying i'd prefer hayter over anyone else (as i've shown above with my gushing praise of Parkin) but just the way certain bits of info are appearing. less people seem interested now and it looks like B'mouths chairman is suddenly realising how short the transfer window seems when everyone has alredy bought someone elses forwards! whatever we pay for hayter i'd prefer it spent on getting Jon Parkin, even if it meant paying a bit. sounder long term investment.

Archived