IGNORED

Bcfc Womens Team

Jay

Having a weekend free of watching football just didn't seem right, so, in order to show support for one of the over-looked areas of this club, me & a mate went to watch Bristol City womens team take on the Reading Royals in Wokingham today.

To be honest, as a members of the Bristol City Supporters Trust working group, we felt that it was the least we could do as many of them kindly attended our (BCST) launch night back in November. I got to speak with Wayne Roberts (Manager) that evening and asked him how the Supports Trust may be able to help (after all, one of the aims of the Trust is to raise the profile of our beloved club - this includes the teams that many of us overlook/ignore/are unaware of such as the womens team, Bristol City Ability & the youth teams). His response was simple: "Support". Whilst money is also a concern, the one thing that they would love is to have more support at their games. Like any other players, the girls positively repsond to cheering & encouragment from the sidelines.

So, if you haven't guessed the reason for why I'm posting by now, the reason is this: I would like to urge any supporter with a few hours free on Sunday 15th January to come along & support your club. Todays FA Cup match against Reading resulted in a 4-2 win for our ladies & they now get to entertain Charlton Athletic in the next round this coming Sunday. Information on how to get to Oaklands Park can be found HERE. It's free to watch & also most entertaining.

Please.....support your club. :city:

Archived