IGNORED

Aarrgghh..quotes..help Please........

Will Rollason

Give up...call me thick but i cant work the "quote" part of replying to posts/threads etc.I import the post to be quoted,highlight and cut the text i want,bring up the quote window,paste in text,do a preview and i get the whole of the original post as a quote followed by the bit i want(without name or date).Tried all diff ways but now my head hurts.Help someone!!!! ta.

• Admin
Give up...call me thick but i cant work the "quote" part of replying to posts/threads etc.I import the post to be quoted,highlight and cut the text i want,bring up the quote window,paste in text,do a preview and i get the whole of the original post as a quote followed by the bit i want(without name or date).Tried all diff ways but now my head hurts.Help someone!!!! ta.
once you have pasted in the part you want to quote, you have to close the quote tag by clicking the quote button again.

Hence:

• press quote button

• copy and paste text you want to quote

• press quote button again

becomes:

call me thick but i cant work the "quote" part of replying to posts/threads etc

• Admin
So,i want to be able to quote in box with daate and i.d without the whole of the text appearing above it!!!!
Like this you mean?

If so when you have hit quote to reply to a particular post, scroll past the first white box to the second one that contains the words of the post you are replying to and just delete the bits you don't want. Then scroll back to the higher box and write your reply.

Archived