Just wondering who our favourite players are/have been

1) For pure passion Glenn "phsyco" Humphries

2) He made me laugh being so crap Scott (what a hairdo) Mc Garvey

3)For pure entertainment Sir Jackie of ashton

4)For scaring the living ######*t out of defenders Joe Jordan

5) The hardest freekicks ive ever seen Alan walsh

6)Favourite of all time "God" otherwise known as Bob Taylor

:city:

Mark Gavin was a joy to watch on the wing, an english Jacki with more purpose about his play.

Talking of Jacki he was worth the enterance fee alone

Nicky Morgan was another fav of mine, he was not an out and out goal scorer, but was one of the best technically I have seen at the gate in the last 15 years. under rated by many, but I note that he gets into most of the city books of recent great players. I think he is one for the true students of the game..

Another one would be Andy May who lots of fans hated for being lazy, but everytime I saw him he was class and some of those games (boro at home when we got a draw playing most of the game with 10 men) live long in the memory

In recent times Shaun Taylor is the one that stands out.

For his ability to scare the crap out of everyone & break others bones...............Gerry Gow

Favourite very short man..............Junior Bent

Favourite Donkey..............Tie between Kevin Nugent & Steve Torpey

Favourite Complete ######.............Sean Dyche

Junior Bent used to make me laugh. He used to just run real fast without looking up.

Reminds me of Forest Gump when he runs with the American football straight out of the stadium !!

Total Legend: Buster Footman- last seen walking to Siberia in a vest

:w00t:

Only difference between Forest Gump & Junior is that Junior spent most of his time kicking the ball out of the stadium.

Did see him score a wonder goal right into the roof of the net which was just as well as he was only about a foot off the line!! Had he been 2 foot off the line it would have been in the East End carpark.......again!

Just wondering who our favourite players are/have been

1) For pure passion Glenn "phsyco" Humphries

2) He made me laugh being so crap Scott (what a hairdo) Mc Garvey

3)For pure entertainment Sir Jackie of ashton

4)For scaring the living ######*t out of defenders Joe Jordan

5) The hardest freekicks ive ever seen Alan walsh

6)Favourite of all time "God" otherwise known as Bob Taylor

:city:

I can vouch for No 5, I got hit in the face by one of his miss aimed kicks prior to kick off at the Yeovil match :blink: , my nose is still tender, the black eye and thick lip have gone now though, and my glasses repaired and just incase any of the bcfc members read this....I'm STILL WAITING FOR AN APOLOGY!!!!! :@ even after you asked for my phone number or address, of which they now have both, it ruined my new years eve plans. My face felt like I had been hit with a cricket bat not a football.

GERRY GOW For being....................... well Gerry Gow, he is a legend,

I used to love watching him scare the c**p out of Frankie Prince, Pure magic,

He is my top City player of all time, oh and also because he wore my silk City scarf in the stands celebrating our Promotion to Div 1 in 76, I gave him it when we invaded the pitch at full tiime to celebrate.

I can vouch for No 5, I got hit in the face by one of his miss aimed kicks prior to kick off at the Yeovil match :blink: , my nose is still tender, the black eye and thick lip have gone now though, and my glasses repaired and just incase any of the bcfc members read this....I'm STILL WAITING FOR AN APOLOGY!!!!! :@ even after you asked for my phone number or address, of which they now have both, it ruined my new years eve plans. My face felt like I had been hit with a cricket bat not a football.

You should have seen it coming and puched it away like I did when the same happened to me during the warm up at the Yeovil v BCFC pre-season friendly in 2004.......... can't remember who kicked it though Roberts(?)...... you'd have to look up my post at the time......... My super fast reactions saved my good looks and glasses.......... mind you seconds before I was joking with my dear old Dad and my son that one of us was going to get a ball in the face........ Woooooooooooooosh ball arrived in sort of fast slow motion....... super double fisted punch away by me........... sorted......... lucky.... yes but I'm class :)

I don't think anone else apart from the ones around me even saw it as it happened so quick.......... moral of the story..... you were very unlucky...... I was not but could have been............. at an open ended end like Yeovil it has the chance too and will happen............

From what I remember of your photo on Incider this was probably an improvement. Wlashy might bill you for services rendered.

Only kidding.

You should have seen it coming and puched it away like I did when the same happened to me during the warm up at the Yeovil v BCFC pre-season friendly in 2004.......... can't remember who kicked it though Roberts(?)...... you'd have to look up my post at the time......... My super fast reactions saved my good looks and glasses.......... mind you seconds before I was joking with my dear old Dad and my son that one of us was going to get a ball in the face........ Woooooooooooooosh ball arrived in sort of fast slow motion....... super double fisted punch away by me........... sorted......... lucky.... yes but I'm class :)

I don't think anone else apart from the ones around me even saw it as it happened so quick.......... moral of the story..... you were very unlucky...... I was not but could have been............. at an open ended end like Yeovil it has the chance too and will happen............

I did not see it coming or I would of took action to avoid it, I just turned my head and smack!!! and as for Redrocks comments, :@

"From what I remember of your photo on Incider this was probably an improvement. Wlashy might bill you for services rendered.

Only kidding."

You certainly know how to hurt a womans feelings!! .....Thats probably why they wanted my phone number and address then, to know where to send the bill, but a face lift using a ball is not recomended, and it's a good job you put Only kidding at the end or I'd of tied you to the goal post and let Walshy take shots at you! probably wouldn't of improved your looks though, but it might of your jokes.... :whistle:

Archived