IGNORED

Swansea

Corsham Ed

Took him all of 27 mins. Can't believe City did not bid more than 125k for him and let him go to Swansea. Surely City could have tried to bid more than that for Knight??? Even just to increase the amount Swansea payed for him as he always would have chosen them over us if we both bid the same amount.

I honestly can not believe BCFC did not think a player of Knights class was not worth more than £125k. Talk about lack of ambition.

Took him all of 27 mins. Can't believe City did not bid more than 125k for him and let him go to Swansea. Surely City could have tried to bid more than that for Knight??? Even just to increase the amount Swansea payed for him as he always would have chosen them over us if we both bid the same amount.

I honestly can not believe BCFC did not think a player of Knights class was not worth more than £125k. Talk about lack of ambition.

So how many other clubs thought he was worth more than £125K then? Do they all lack ambition?

If I could poke the eyes out of any player, it would be him. Him and his pathetic Brighton team destroyed our football club.

An interesting thought - Could he cost Danny Wilson his job for the second time in three seasons? His position at MKFranchise isnt exactly stable at the moment...bottom of the league, 4 successive defeats and 3-0 down after half an hour...

why would he automatically come to us? They're in a much stronger league position than us and Leon Knight wants to play championship football which we (probably) can't offer until at least two seasons time.

Also maybe Johnson looked at his championship record which is pathetic and thought he wanted players who could feasibly cut it in the division above as well as this one.

Spot on mate. The usual lack of ambition by Steve L and his friends. He'd have been the perfect replacement for Lita and the closest thing at out level to Leroy himself, regardless of him being a cheating little rascal! Not to mention the perfect foil for Brooker.

No doubt Lansdown will pay over the odds for some sack of s h i t e. Ah well! :doh:

Guest alex1089

We have a manager who is well known for buying decent players and probably has someone without a attitude problem and will score goals in the championship also lined up so don't worry.

why would he automatically come to us? They're in a much stronger league position than us and Leon Knight wants to play championship football which we (probably) can't offer until at least two seasons time.

Also maybe Johnson looked at his championship record which is pathetic and thought he wanted players who could feasibly cut it in the division above as well as this one.

Would Owen of gone to Newcastle? You wouldn't think so but they priced Liverpool out the market for him and got themselves a top draw player. That is what we could of done. Or at the very least we could have done what Newcastle did with Rooney, bid on him and Man U ended up paying more than they needed.

Would Owen of gone to Newcastle? You wouldn't think so but they priced Liverpool out the market for him and got themselves a top draw player. That is what we could of done. Or at the very least we could have done what Newcastle did with Rooney, bid on him and Man U ended up paying more than they needed.

Would you still have started this topic if he had not scored tonight?

Would you still have started this topic if he had not scored tonight?

I would be lying if I didn't say him scoring made me post the topic. But before tonight I still felt exactly the same, we've really missed out here. Saying that I'm not surprised he went to Swansea over us, much better prospects as a club. Just seems like we didn't really up the anti and have a real go at getting a class player to Ashton Gate.

I would be lying if I didn't say him scoring made me post the topic. But before tonight I still felt exactly the same, we've really missed out here. Saying that I'm not surprised he went to Swansea over us, much better prospects as a club. Just seems like we didn't really up the anit and have a real go at getting a class player to Ashton Gate.

I think the type of players GJ will be getting in will be not be big names(and ego's) but hard working team players that probably a lot of us may not of heard of, this will upset a lot of people on this forum, just like when Bas Savage first came here.

There are plenty of clubs that have gone up in the last few seasons with no big names in them such as Plymouth and Sheff Weds.

We don't need players like Leon Knight, they will take us back into the exact position we are trying to get out of.

I agree,Gary Johnson seems switched on to me and has proven he signs players who he feels will help the team as a whole.yes leon would have been a good signing but i think we will be giving him credit when we finally do sign some-one.

He will come good as most of us know,so lets see what happens this month before we start slatting the ambition of this club

11922........... seems like top of the table and new stadium etc.. is wasted on our derranged cousins across the water.

Completly wasted on them.

Clutching at straws. After all they are Swansea, not a HUGELY supported team... Look at Wigan, 12,181 tonight.... These are Rugby dominated places.

Either way Swansea are in the Championship next season with a nice stadium and a good squad.

Totally agree, just think they've got 20 games left this season so he should EASILY break the 50 goal mark.

Despite their heroics at Southampton, MK Dons are a very poor team.

One swallow doesnt make a summer and all that.

Guest Harry Dolman

The answer to your question is that "no" Owen would not have gone to Newcastle if he thought he had any chance of going back to Liverpool.

Leon Knight has always been successful at this level, why he would want to join a team facing a relegation battle instead of one up for promotion is hard to understand.

As for the person that blames Knight/BHA for runing the club, I wholeheartedly agree, if only the other 92 clubs in the league would lie down & die whenever they face us, we will soon be storming up the leagues, irrespective of who our manager is.

Ok, we were dreadful in the play off final (not a decent attempt on goal) & our squad selection was abysmal (Leroy who ??), but BHA didn't have to ruin it by playing better than us did they. The cheek, how very dare they.

If I could poke the eyes out of any player, it would be him. Him and his pathetic Brighton team destroyed our football club.

Some people really do need to get over the play-off final and move on. I remember seeing the replay and i could see why it was given. As someone has said previously, what was he meant to do? Should he have passed it to Phillips?

'Destroyed our football club' - Promotion would of been great for the club but it didnt 'destroy' us.

Archived