IGNORED

Tactics

Sirben

I started a game with city and have just finished the 1st season (despite my laptop crashing numerous times because of no virtual memory)

I seemed to struggle right the way through and ended up using a range of 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 throughout the season. I ended up finishing a lowly 12th!! At one time i went 10 games unbeaten however then lost the next 4 in a row!! Very frustrating!!

Just after some advice really as which is the best formation to use on the game? 3-5-2 has never failed me in the previous versions however i can seem to maintain any consistancy!! Having read through some of the other posts people seem to be using 4-4-2 mainly?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Guest The Codfather 0312

You can't really go wrong with a well tuned 4-4-2 formation but also a 3-4-1-2 also works well.

If your having problems go to places like www.sigames.com and read the tactics guides. It's a great read and helps you to understand it all.

Guest jamiewilletts

I started a game with city and have just finished the 1st season (despite my laptop crashing numerous times because of no virtual memory)

I seemed to struggle right the way through and ended up using a range of 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 throughout the season. I ended up finishing a lowly 12th!! At one time i went 10 games unbeaten however then lost the next 4 in a row!! Very frustrating!!

Just after some advice really as which is the best formation to use on the game? 3-5-2 has never failed me in the previous versions however i can seem to maintain any consistancy!! Having read through some of the other posts people seem to be using 4-4-2 mainly?

Any ideas?

Cheers

i am currently using a 4-4-2. and I'm 2nd in the league 4 poinys behind wednesday.

phillips

amankwaah butler coles hill

murray doherty s.brown annyinsah

lita roberts

this formation has worked wonders and I'm currently in the middle of the season (january)

hope this works!!!!!

Madger's formation is good if you want to play narrow and sit back:

GK

RB -- CB -- CB -- LB

DM

CMR - CM - CML

ST - ST

But I personally love:

GK

RB -- CB -- CB -- LB

DM - DM

AML ---- AMC ---- AMR

ST

I find the 1st one works in the early stages where you have to play slow paced football to grind out those results but the higher level you play the quicker and more attacking you have to play on the ground down the centre with a pacy striker or wide with a strong CF. the AMC I always give free role to.

Sam :city:

(I'll try and get some screen shots to show more clearly ...)

I use a slight modification on a 4-4-2.

..............GK...............

RB.....CD....CD........LB

.............DM................

RM.........................LM

............AM................

........ST.......ST..........

And have got two promotions in a row before getting relegated from the Prem and promptly sacked!

I use a slight modification on a 4-4-2.

..............GK...............

RB.....CD....CD........LB

.............DM................

RM.........................LM

............AM................

........ST.......ST..........

And have got two promotions in a row before getting relegated from the Prem and promptly sacked!

I have used this since CM2. It is a little less effective now but I still persevere!

Archived