IGNORED

Times Are Hard For Lee Miller

jimtastic

"Down in Bristol, I was training knowing that I was never going to play and that was frustrating but going down there when I was still a teenager gave me independence and made me stronger physically, too."

this was an interesting comment

The reason's dead simple and entirely predictable.

At Hearts he was in a very good team as this season has proved.

They're still winning with Graham Rix, who's screwed up everywhere he's managed or coached, in charge.

Service at Hearts was exceptional as opposed to Dundee.........and here for that matter.

That's the difference and we did well to recoup our money.

At Hearts he was in a very good team as this season has proved.

They're still winning with Graham Rix, who's screwed up everywhere he's managed or coached, in charge.

Service at Hearts was exceptional as opposed to Dundee.........and here for that matter.

That's the difference and we did well to recoup our money.

Of course, of course thats the reason WHY he hasnt scored in 14 matches, and of course thats why he couldnt score here.

Its not that the striker cant score, no no no, its the entire teams fault :laugh:

Be sensible mate.

never once saw him look like anything more than a mid-table division 1 standard targetman - more skillful most, but too lightweight, and not brave enough. Good bit of busy getting rid - although we still probably made a loss.

Think he's being found now... but just imagine what Brooker could do in Scotland!

Guest Tactical Genius

Quite, he went to Hearts looking for a full time deal. As soon as he got one he's gone back to his half-hearted self.

Guest Harry Dolman

Quite, he went to Hearts looking for a full time deal. As soon as he got one he's gone back to his half-hearted self.

At one stage I felt a bit sorry for Miller but on reflection.............

After a bad spell at City he goes on loan to Hearts & does well. You'd think he'd chew their arm off for a deal, but then after Hearts agree a fee with City he ditches them over personal terms & goes to Dundee Utd.

What goes around etc........

Lee Miller chose Dundee Utd because of Chisholm who was at Lee's previous club in Scotland.

The reason he didn't stay at Hearts was because they were managerless & he couldn't take a chance that the new manager appointed would play him.

It seems that he made the wrong decision.

In the right squad he can be a very good player as he has proved already, may be it is time for him to move on.

Guest Tactical Genius

That's an absolute cop out considering the goals he had scored for them, and if there's one thing about professional football players it is that they all have confidence in their own ability.

Bottom line is he followed the money.

Looks like he may be playing under a new manager anyway. Craig Brewster is hotly tipped to be the next manager of Dundee Utd, but they can't reach agreement with Inverness for him at the moment.

I was surprised Lee didn't go to Hearts and couldn't see any footballing attraction for him at dundee Utd, except for his old manager who is now about to get the push?

A year is a long time in football!

Of course, of course thats the reason WHY he hasnt scored in 14 matches, and of course thats why he couldnt score here.

That's right.Spotted that, did you.Well done

Its not that the striker cant score, no no no, its the entire teams fault :laugh:

I didn't say that and was one of Millers harshest critics for a long time. However, as you're clearly a tad thick, I'll explain

Be sensible mate.

Only if you do

It's a combination of lots of things:

Fitness

Confidence

Skill

Effort

Workrate

Even Luck

AND YES, the team you play in has a lot to do with it, along with the standard of the opposition.If that isn't the case how do you explain the fact that Miller couldn't score for toffee here, yet left for Hearts who play in a higher League and scored for fun?

Are Celtic & Rangers worse than Swindon & Chesterfield :laugh:

I was surprised Lee didn't go to Hearts and couldn't see any footballing attraction for him at dundee Utd, except for his old manager who is now about to get the push?

Surprisingly, Money!

Guest ashtonyate

I don't know what the surprise is with Miller he was crap most of the time he played for us, and never worth the Money we payed for him another wonderfull buy this club made.

I don't know what the surprise is with Miller he was crap most of the time he played for us, and never worth the Money we payed for him another wonderfull buy this club made.

I'm a bit confused.

You clearly don't like the Academy system, ie bringing local talented youngsters up through the ranks. But when the club goes out and buys raw ,promising, young talent you critisise that? Or is it just the player you have issue with?

Agreed it didn't work out and I'm still not sure how much of that was down to our failure to coach or the player. We did however recover what we paid for him, that hasn't always been the case whether the player is young or old recently. I believe we have other players at the moment who are costing us more financially and offering us no better return than Miller did, can't see us getting a fee for them either.

Guest ashtonyate

I'm a bit confused.

You clearly don't like the Academy system, ie bringing local talented youngsters up through the ranks. But when the club goes out and buys raw ,promising, young talent you critisise that? Or is it just the player you have issue with?

Agreed it didn't work out and I'm still not sure how much of that was down to our failure to coach or the player. We did however recover what we paid for him, that hasn't always been the case whether the player is young or old recently. I believe we have other players at the moment who are costing us more financially and offering us no better return than Miller did, can't see us getting a fee for them either.

Not as confused as me how we could spend 325k on a player who had a good season playing in a league thats not much better than our conferance, it shows that you need a good scouting system in place to watch players over a perod of time. We did not get back all the money we had payed out I think we got back 220k.

As with the academy I don't think a club in the third division should have one and i still say had we not had one we would been promoted 3 year ago but i said this load of time and in the past, but if you sell players like Golbourn for a reported fee of 200k i still makes me wonder

Archived