IGNORED

Quote From Gj Interview

Ivan_is_a_legend

'But is optimistic of bringing in at least one new face'!!!

whats happened to the 3 or 4 we were told about earlier this month on another interview.

he also says that with gilly on loan at cheltenham we only have 3 strikers competing for a starting place, simple answer.......... bring back gillespie!

i also think a left winger is just as a priority as a striker, in case cotterill or murray gets injured!

'But is optimistic of bringing in at least one new face'!!!

whats happened to the 3 or 4 we were told about earlier this month on another interview.

he also says that with gilly on loan at cheltenham we only have 3 strikers competing for a starting place, simple answer.......... bring back gillespie!

i also think a left winger is just as a priority as a striker, in case cotterill or murray gets injured!

We will have 3 signings, Noble, Savage and the secret striker, my counting, makes 3 signings this transfer window..

"That makes it priority to bring in another one to work with the three already here, who all have different strengths."

hopefully this means he isn't looking to shift stewart, even when a new striker arrives. however doesn't look good for young gillespie.

noble and savage were already with us, but i'll give you the one about the algarve trip!

its not to bring in players to replace current ones, but as cover for left back, left wing and up front!

Yes I know, But they didnt sign longer deals till this transfer window..

its that true then i would be really dissapointed cus i would classify a new player as someone who wasnt already with us.

Also, the comments made about bringing in another 3 or 4 were made after the deal for noble was complete.

The Noble deal wasn't complete, we could have still sent him back after the loan if we wanted to.

Do you really want 3 or 4 more players coming in thrus unsettling the team again? If so you really have no clue as most your posts suggest.

With the departures of Golbourne, Bridges and G.Smith the squad is looking thin and we certainly need more players.

We've been spared the necessity to sign en masse due to several players belatedly responding positively to GJ's completely justified ultimatums.

The team is playing well enough and shouldn't be overly disrupted but one or two injuries or suspensions and we'd be really struggling. City are still one of the favourites for relegation despite the recent upturn and a strong squad will be vital to ensure we beat the drop.

I expect a couple of signings yet, more still if anyone moves in for Phillips or Wilkshire.

The Noble deal wasn't complete, we could have still sent him back after the loan if we wanted to.

Do you really want 3 or 4 more players coming in thrus unsettling the team again? If so you really have no clue as most your posts suggest.

how would bringing in players as cover for positions going to unsettle the team?

what happens if woodman or murray gets injured. not only that but if we go through another bad spell again, people like yourself would be saying that johnson should off done more in the transfer market when he had the chance. am i right or what???

how would bringing in players as cover for positions going to unsettle the team?

what happens if woodman or murray gets injured. not only that but if we go through another bad spell again, people like yourself would be saying that johnson should off done more in the transfer market when he had the chance. am i right or what???

I think we should have the depth should the injury of murry or woodman arise. Scott Brown is a great talent and can do a job in any position in the midfield. And somthing that has just occured to me is partridge is left footed - could he do a job at LB?

I really hope we don't get any injuries we have a good 11 at the moment and they are playing good football and winning. Even if you bring in "cover" for positions it can sometimes get people a bit pi$$ed off which would be unsettling the team and team spirit. You only have to look at phillips and how he got when he was replaced. - not that it has got to Basso.

Guest dolmanred

Have to agree with you, I think we do need to add some depth to the squad - they don't have to walk into the first team, but injuries can be disrupting to a good run and it would be good that should anything happen, we have cover to put out a "Stong 11" and not fill the gaps.

Wheres the point in bringing in someone just for cover? If you sign players they should be better than what we've already got. We can't afford to buy players just for cover anyway, only the top Premiership sides can do that.

Wheres the point in bringing in someone just for cover? If you sign players they should be better than what we've already got. We can't afford to buy players just for cover anyway, only the top Premiership sides can do that.

what do you mean whats the point? the point is when you got players out injured or suspended you can replace them with someone of the same ability, rahter than picking someone out the youth team who is not yet ready or good enough for first team football.

have you read the post about ian evatt, would you not want him coming in from qpr?

and i still stand by what i said about people complaining about johnson not doing enough in the transfer window if we go through another bad patch.

what do you mean whats the point? the point is when you got players out injured or suspended you can replace them with someone of the same ability, rahter than picking someone out the youth team who is not yet ready or good enough for first team football.

have you read the post about ian evatt, would you not want him coming in from qpr?

and i still stand by what i said about people complaining about johnson not doing enough in the transfer window if we go through another bad patch.

You do that but like I said earlier I said earlier I don't think you've got much of a clue when it comes to football. I think we've got near adequate resources and any players brought this month should only improve the starting 11. Ian Evatt would be good but thats one signing not 3 or 4 that you stated + one striker so thats two signing. Thats enough I feel.

Guest Harry Dolman

To me its a two fold process. Part 1 is you make sure that you are happy with every aspect of your 1st 11. To my mind, to get to that stage we need a naturally left sided midfielder/winger & a pacy striker.

Those are my top priorities, once you have filled those, then you can look at "cover". We need cover for left back as Woody is currently our only choice. Obviously if we got someone like Heckinbottom from the Wendies it would possibly kill 2 birds with 1 stone as he can play both left back & left midfield.

To me its a two fold process. Part 1 is you make sure that you are happy with every aspect of your 1st 11. To my mind, to get to that stage we need a naturally left sided midfielder/winger & a pacy striker.

Those are my top priorities, once you have filled those, then you can look at "cover". We need cover for left back as Woody is currently our only choice. Obviously if we got someone like Heckinbottom from the Wendies it would possibly kill 2 birds with 1 stone as he can play both left back & left midfield.

at last soemone making sense!

i agree the 1st 11 is the most important. but if we want to get anywhere we are going to need more than a few good first teamers.

left back, left wing and up front is where we need to strengthen. thats my view and your right, if we can kill two birds with one stone by signing heckinbottom then thats even better.

to say don't bring any new players in cus it might disrupt the team is rubbish!

Archived