IGNORED

Parkin

SE23Red

Guest Harry Dolman

Ditto.

We'll have to take it on the chin, no Desperate Dan for us then. :doh:

QPR are rumoured to be after Hayter (who allegedly wants to stay at AFCB anyway) so that one looks unlikely too.

I still think that come the final days (maybe hours) of the transfer window that loads of deals going through' with clubs taking the best offer on the table. The problem with this is that it becomes a bit of a Dutch auction so no guarantee you'll get who you want, if anyone at all.

or Paynter, Burgess or Fagan....can't need all of them can they :)

Sorry to dampen your enthusiasm for our players but McPhee has been injured for months and will probably be out for the rest of the season. Burgess is also injured and won't be back for a while. We were down to only two fit forwards which is why we've brought in Duffy and Parkin.

It's been a bad season for us so far with injuries - Coles hasn't played since September but may be back by the end of January.

Taylor's obviously not concerned about the boozing, lack of pace & fatness, that's rumoured. :whistle:

Like I said at about £50k plus add ons, the lad was well worth a punt at this level. :(

QPR are rumoured to be after Hayter (who allegedly wants to stay at AFCB anyway) so that one looks unlikely too.

QPR have confirmed that they have not made a bid and his Chairman actually said he wasn't interested in amove to that particular clubmeaning Huddsfld so he might want a more local move and......that's us!

I still think that come the final days (maybe hours) of the transfer window that loads of deals going through' with clubs taking the best offer on the table. The problem with this is that it becomes a bit of a Dutch auction so no guarantee you'll get who you want, if anyone at all.

If we hang on much longer there won't be much left. :(

The thread seems to focus on UK players which is understandable. It's important to remember that GJ has declared on the record that he will look to the overseas market as there is better value there. No doubt he still has a fair amount of contacts in Eastern Europe and hopefully in other countries as well.

Some of our best bargains players have been from overseas - Jim brennan (sold for a massive profit), Paul agostino (could have made a fortune from him of he had been kept under contract) and who can forget the best entertainer seen in recent years, Jacki Dzeikanovski. Nearly forgot the player from Moldova who also features in Tony Hawks' book 'beating the Molovans at Tennis'.

One thing I particularly like about GJ is that he seems to like to find bargain 'hidden gems' in the transfer market.

Big step up for Parkin it will be interesting to see how he copes. Only an 18 month deal and i reckon he won't be getting another one with their other strikers coming back. I reckon we'll be reading the same rumours in 12 months time. Or simply replacing them with Ben Burgess ones.

Paul agostino (could have made a fortune from him of he had been kept under contract)

He was class! I was really disappointed when he left. He scored a cracking solo goal against the Gas in the riot-match.

Nearly forgot the player from Moldova who also features in Tony Hawks' book 'beating the Molovans at Tennis'.

Great book :farmer:

Guest silkman

Taylor's obviously not concerned about the boozing, lack of pace & fatness, that's rumoured. :whistle:

Like I said at about £50k plus add ons, the lad was well worth a punt at this level. :(

If we hang on much longer there won't be much left. :(

As a Macc fan primarily but a City season ticket holder (due to living in Bristol for the last seventeen years and being married to a City supporter) I would say NEVER listen to rumours - see for yourself before reaching conclusions.Be thankful he didn't join a League One Side - he would have killed City's defence. 30 goals in 63 appearances for a converted defender thats better than most if not all City Strikers in recent years. :@

The thread seems to focus on UK players which is understandable. It's important to remember that GJ has declared on the record that he will look to the overseas market as there is better value there. No doubt he still has a fair amount of contacts in Eastern Europe and hopefully in other countries as well.

Some of our best bargains players have been from overseas - Jim brennan (sold for a massive profit), Paul agostino (could have made a fortune from him of he had been kept under contract) and who can forget the best entertainer seen in recent years, Jacki Dzeikanovski. Nearly forgot the player from Moldova who also features in Tony Hawks' book 'beating the Molovans at Tennis'.

One thing I particularly like about GJ is that he seems to like to find bargain 'hidden gems' in the transfer market.

We signed Jacki from Celtic, not sure GJ would sign a player who loved his drink like he did!

Archived