IGNORED

James Blunt - You're Gullible

City Rocker

Click here for the 'You're Gullible' video

...get to throw rotten tomatoes at the *untster and hear the genius at work. Lovely!

IPB Image

Lyrics:

My voice is silly and

My songs are poor

You'll keep on listening

To this manure

The press say I'm a genius

And you'd never question that

Just keep on buying my CD

Although it's utter crap

You're gullible, you're gullible

You're gullible, it's true

You saw my face on a CD case

And the next thing that you knew

You had joined the brainwashed queue

Yeah, you saw reviews in the national news

The marketing was beautiful, you could not refuse

And though my whining sets your teeth on edge

You've convinced yourself that

I'm the best thing since sliced bread

And you knew just what to do

Now you own a coaster too

You're gullible; you're gullible

It's pitiful but true

There must be an agent with a smile on his face,

When he thought of all the sheep like you.

But it's time to face the truth, I will always be quite poo

Guest Mr Brightside

Click here for the 'You're Gullible' video

...get to throw rotten tomatoes at the *untster and hear the genius at work. Lovely!

IPB Image

Lyrics:

My voice is silly and

My songs are poor

You'll keep on listening

To this manure

The press say I'm a genius

And you'd never question that

Just keep on buying my CD

Although it's utter crap

And the next thing that you knew

You had joined the brainwashed queue

Yeah, you saw reviews in the national news

The marketing was beautiful, you could not refuse

And though my whining sets your teeth on edge

You've convinced yourself that

I'm the best thing since sliced bread

And you knew just what to do

Now you own a coaster too

You're gullible; you're gullible

It's pitiful but true

There must be an agent with a smile on his face,

When he thought of all the sheep like you.

But it's time to face the truth, I will always be quite poo

legend

I don't see what people's problems are with him- he can play a variety of musical instruments, writes his own songs and i don't think he deserves all the abuse, and quite frankly, snobbish views of people who simply dislike him because he is popular. If you don't like the music, change the station- and why people get offended by music they don't like is beyond me.

I don't see what people's problems are with him- he can play a variety of musical instruments, writes his own songs and i don't think he deserves all the abuse, and quite frankly, snobbish views of people who simply dislike him because he is popular. If you don't like the music, change the station- and why people get offended by music they don't like is beyond me.

Its because he's boring and predictable.

He should be immune from criticism because he plays musical instruments and writes his own songs? If anything he's more open to serious criticism than manufactured pop stars because they don't even write their songs. His songs are unoriginal, formulaic, sentimental pap and his voice is whiney, nasal and horrible to listen to.

You moaning again Gazareth!!

OH NOES! God forbid that I express an opinion on culture!

You're just bitter because I rumbled your adolescent "joke".

And by the way my "URL checker" suggestion was nothing to do with your speed camera "hilarity". You think too much of yourself.

Come back when you've got something worthwhile to say.

I actually agree with you t-i-g, anyone who writes, plays, records & performs music at any level has my genuine respect, whether I like what they do or not.

But................Blunt's voice is silly and his songs are poor and this patiche is funny as ######. :laugh: In my humble opinion.

He should be immune from criticism because he plays musical instruments and writes his own songs? If anything he's more open to serious criticism than manufactured pop stars because they don't even write their songs. His songs are unoriginal, formulaic, sentimental pap and his voice is whiney, nasal and horrible to listen to.

I don't think he should be immune from critiscism, but as City Rocker says, we should respect the fact that he is a proper musician who writes and plays his music himself. If James Blunt is considered as pop, surely it is better to have a singer/songwriter topping the charts than Liberty X, Shayne etc.

I feel the same way about McFly- i am not at all a fan of their music but i have respect for what they do.

I have a base level of respect for the bloke, as he can actually play some instruments, and write something resembling a song. I still think he's cack though. But be definition it makes him better than most "pop" stars and all that RnB drivel, and commercial dance music, which can be created on cubase with alarming ease if you know your way around it.

However i despise the musical snobbery that goes around, seems very prevelent in the rock/metal scene, seems as if you have to despise a bands new album on principal, if you don't you are clearly not a proper "hardcore" fan. Which i have been accused of before, especially around QOTSA as i don't think Lullabies to paralize is crap.

It also means if you genuienly dislike a bands more rescent offering, i,e the complete pile of rubbish that was Golden Age of Grotesque by Marilyn Manson, people think you are being pretentious, or mabye it's because that album is a sack of poo as Manson decided that his best albums had nothing to do with the fact that Trent Reznor was heavily involved in them.

People are far too quick to jump on the "sell out" bandwaggon, for instance Opeth, insanely good band, got accused of being sell outs by some "fans" because they signed to Roadrunner for their most rescent album the ghost reveries. What i want to know is how in the name of christ can a death metal band sell out ? while maintaining the major aspects of being a death metal band???

Archived