IGNORED

When, Oh When

Ivan_is_a_legend

when are we going to start dabbling in the transfer market.

another supposedly transfer target has joined forest, long with knight who had joined swansea and johnson going to hearts :grr: and its only lucky hayter turned down huddersfield cus that would have been another one!

i am one of the few that stuck by johnson during our losing period and will continue to as long as he is in charge, but i have to question why we are leaving transfers to the end of the month, by which time most of the decent ones would have moved on. if you know who you realistically want, go and get them!!!

:city::city::city:

Guest alex1089

Don't worry people! Were keeping it quiet for once and we have to be happy about that! Whenever tinnion wanted to sign someone he told the press etc and he missed out on the target, were keeping quiet until someone has been bought.

Just got to hope that GJ has done deals for players of decent pedigree lined up towards the end of the month :pray:

Surely the striker situation is between Hayter and Jevons now...

or why not both (for reasonable fee's)?

i sure he knows what he is doing. all players i mentioned were ones that have been talked about on here and not actually by GJ so he may not missed out on any players he wants as yet.

oh yeah, if any mentions noble as a signing, that don't count as it was already a done deal!

or why not both (for reasonable fee's)?

i sure he knows what he is doing. all players i mentioned were ones that have been talked about on here and not actually by GJ so he may not missed out on any players he wants as yet.

oh yeah, if any mentions noble as a signing, that don't count as it was already a done deal!

Don think Jevons would be a nominal fee as his contract doesnt run out this summer and I'm not sure he's the type of striker we need anyway.

Here's hoping for Hayter though...

another supposedly transfer target has joined forest, long with knight who had joined swansea and johnson going to hearts :grr: and its only lucky hayter turned down huddersfield cus that would have been another one!

i am one of the few that stuck by johnson during our losing period and will continue to as long as he is in charge, but i have to question why we are leaving transfers to the end of the month, by which time most of the decent ones would have moved on. if you know who you realistically want, go and get them!!!

You're always getting in a big flap aren't you? Relax man.

Chil out. I would say if no one came along that we wanted at the right price then don't bother. I know Johnson said he would be getting players in and in a way we have, but there is no need to panic buy. We never had a chance of siging Holt, Knight was unrealistic and Hayter is still a possibility. We know who we want, Johnson has said that and we have put bids in. Be patient.

Chil out. I would say if no one came along that we wanted at the right price then don't bother. I know Johnson said he would be getting players in and in a way we have, but there is no need to panic buy. We never had a chance of siging Holt, Knight was unrealistic and Hayter is still a possibility. We know who we want, Johnson has said that and we have put bids in. Be patient.

Be patient = miss out. Southampton are already sniffing around Hayter so that is the end of that one.

BCAGFC

There is a serious question 'though as to why rush this year? Its not like we just need to strenthen a little for a serious push on the auto's is it? As long as this squad is strong enough to get away from the dogfight at the bottom, which it seems to be showing it can, why not wait to the summer and pay out less?

GJ has already stated that he is going to wait until the end of Jan to start his wheeling and dealing, we just got to be a little patient

Guest alex1089

I know for a fact that we have bidded for 1 but don't know who the other is. You able to enlighten us?

I don't know any concrete information but my dad was told at work today by a yeovil fan that the word in yeovil is that we are interested in Way and jevons and that we have put bids in for them, as I say its not concrete so make of it what you will. :pray:

I don't know any concrete information but my dad was told at work today by a yeovil fan that the word in yeovil is that we are interested in Way and jevons and that we have put bids in for them, as I say its not concrete so make of it what you will. :pray:

I've heard the Darren Way rumour on very good authority. He would certainly fit the battling defensive midfielder we badly need. Bizarrely, I heard that City's only other interest in the Yeovil lot was for Amankwaah...

What do you want? Players who will add to the squad, or panic signings? If we can't get the right striker, we can always recall Gilly, and then wait for the Bosmans in the summer. Or shall we rush out and get Youga and Quinn???

Agree about Gillespie but he really doesn't seem to be rated by GJ, so it's doubtful he'll ever get the prolonged chance he needs. :(

We need a couple of players now and it is galling that many quite feasible signings are moving daily to our divisional rivals.

Hopefully the two or so City really wanted are still out there as the present squad hasn't got the strength in depth to guarantee beating the drop.

Ideally we'd wait for freebies in the Summer, but in that case City would be one of the only club's in tha division not to strengthen this month and we're hardly in a position to do that.

Archived