IGNORED

New Striker - Who Will It Be?

PhatWill

My bet is it will be a young, unknown striker from either or abroad or a cast-off from a Premiership/Championship club. That's purely based on knowing the way that Johnson deals in the transfer market from his days at Yeovil and since he's been here.

Hayter - If geography is a factor and if he is interested in a move to us then I'd suggest that move is already in the final stages. Don't think it is so that probably rules him out.

Jevons - Based on what Johnson said about not wanting to unsettle Yeovil I reckon a move for Jevons is unlikely.

Gall - An outside bet, told he can leave Yeovil who will listen to offers. I'd be dissappointed if we signed him as he's a poor mans Jevons.

Anyone think/know any different? :shifty:

Nope your thoughts are pretty similar to mine. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised when he brings in a striker we've never heard of who turns out to be Andy Cole mk II.

I think Hayter is holding out for Southampton or Portsmouth. Moving is moving whether it's 80 miles or 180.

Nibor

Nope your thoughts are pretty similar to mine. I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised when he brings in a striker we've never heard of who turns out to be Andy Cole mk II.

I think Hayter is holding out for Southampton or Portsmouth. Moving is moving whether it's 80 miles or 180.

Nibor

I'm thinking Mr Paynter or Mr Fangan from Hull.

Somebody on loan from the prem might be a possibility

In dreamland someone like Rossi from Man U or Lupoli from Arsenal would be nice

There is a young lad from Pompey that was on loan at Bournemouth and did quite well called James Keene

He was recalled when Harry came back but Pompey have signed three strikers since then.

He might be worth a go Joe Royle was raving about him on Goals on Sunday a few weeks back

I'm thinking Mr Paynter or Mr Fangan from Hull.

Why would Paynter come here less than 3 weeks after signing permanently for Hull? Fagan would never come here either because he has only recently signed within the last year and established himself in the first team.

my money's on Hayter

From what's being said down here on the South Coast it seems 80% certain that Saints will be completing the deal sometime next week. He also has a young family to consider and a move to So'ton would be ideal for them as they train on the Bournemouth side of town. Either way, Hayter will be moving on in the next two weeks.

Somebody on loan from the prem might be a possibility

In dreamland someone like Rossi from Man U or Lupoli from Arsenal would be nice

Somebody's been playing too much Football Manager 2006 by the sounds of it Goldberg! :razz:

Why would Paynter come here less than 3 weeks after signing permanently for Hull? Fagan would never come here either because he has only recently signed within the last year and established himself in the first team.

From what's being said down here on the South Coast it seems 80% certain that Saints will be completing the deal sometime next week. He also has a young family to consider and a move to So'ton would be ideal for them as they train on the Bournemouth side of town. Either way, Hayter will be moving on in the next two weeks.

Somebody's been playing too much Football Manager 2006 by the sounds of it Goldberg! :razz:

Sorry l didnt realise that Paynter had just signed....... I'm not a footballing brain.

How about a bid for Eddie Johnson,currently on loan to Crewe from Man Utd?He's not going to go back to Man U is he?And Crewe could be in this division come the end of May so they are going to have to trim their squad.

GJ has said that he wants long term signings,so this lad is young enough and possibly good enough to fall into that catagory.

No just watched the Carling Cup Games this year and watch a lot of football : :shifty:

The lad from Portsmouth would be worth a look though, he's the one that scored the goal after doing all the keepy-ups in the box before Xmas

Our new stricker is Bas Savage..........if you hadn't noticed. This is all we can afford.

I would not expect to see another stricker at the club unless Stewart has a change of mind and wants to play football for his money and so could be sold/loaned/given to another club.

Our new stricker is Bas Savage..........if you hadn't noticed. This is all we can afford.

I would not expect to see another stricker at the club unless Stewart has a change of mind and wants to play football for his money and so could be sold/loaned/given to another club.

Johnson says he wants another striker on top of the 3 already at the club (Brooker, Stewart and Savage):

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~766996,00.html

Speaking on World TV, Gary said: "I'm sure people are aware that, with Steven Gillespie on loan at Cheltenham, we only have three strikers competing for first team places.

"That makes it priority to bring in another one to work with the three already here, who all have different strengths."

Archived