IGNORED

Are The Transfer Windows A Good Or A Bad Thing?

BB.

I haven't totally made my mind up on them to be honest. The old transfer deadline was ok as it helped all the clubs know what they were up against for the final straight. However, this new one seems a bit pointless really. It's proved difficult to recover from bad starts with the new window, hence our league position, obviously this was down to many different factors but the closed transfer window hasn't helped, has it?

On the other hand, it gives players a longer chance to stake their claim for a first team place. And from a fans perspective, it is fun watching all the last minute transfers happening. Having said that I doubt it's very fun if your club has panicked bought and you have to watch an over priced player running around like a headless chicken who can't be dropped due to the huge transfer.

Overall, are they a good or bad thing for football? Fans' Poll

What does it mean for the buisiness side of football?

Do you like them, loath them, or couldn't really care less?

Although I think they are restrictive and bring added pressure on a club in general,as far as City are concerned[this season anyway]the transfer window may enable us to keep hold of players.

Think about it.Right now we have a fully fit squad of 22/23 players with 15 of them unchanged and on a 6 game unbeaten run.

The likes of Wilkshire,Partridge,Brown and Phillips can,t get near the 1st team at the moment.If they have anything about them they are not going to be happy not playing,regardless of our form.But 2 weeks from now they have no option with the window closing but to grin and bear it and wait for their chance to get back into the side.

Providing the players on the fringes stay fit and focussed[cliche I know] then it can only bode well for the rest of the season.We may lose them in the summer but then we have a lot more time to wheel and deal,so it wouldn,t affect us as much as it would now.

Guest MaloneFM

I perfer them double glazed with that nice leaded effect.

Standard poor joke over. I think each club should also get a transfer fund to go with it. Mind you that'll get bypassed with backhanded payments.

I'll get me sheepskin coat.

Although I think they are restrictive and bring added pressure on a club in general,as far as City are concerned[this season anyway]the transfer window may enable us to keep hold of players.

True, but they also prevent us from off loading "bad apples", to an extent, obviously we can still loan them out and also releave them of their contracts if needs be.

I beleive they are a 'bad thing' for richer clubs and a 'good thing' for the poorer clubs. This is becasue it stops teams with lots of money buying thier way to success as of when they like, giving other teams more of chance of competing againest them. Also by having transfer windows it makes it much more exciting as you have something to look forward to and helps you keep your better players for longer.

Archived