IGNORED

Captain Joe

lilciderhed

Joe Burnell certainly is shutting up his critics these past few weeks.

Joe has been winning 80% of the balls in midfield.

He is taking the safe option and slowly building up play instead of punting the ball upfield.

Well done Joe, you have stuck to your game and now youre leading the team by example.

Anyone else feel this way?

Yes, quite simply. I could never quite understand the forum members and Twentyman callers that actually believed Joe was the reason we were not performing. He was one of very few players that actually seemed to put in 100% today, and once again Woodman wasn't very far behind either.

I always said that Burnell was good at what he does and that is what he is supposed to do, not produce defence splitting passes.

However up untill a couple of weeks ago, I would not have put him down on the team sheet straight away. I would have to consider the formation e.t.c, but now Joe would definately have to start in his current form.

Burnell's form has certainly improved in recent weeks and is one of the few bright sparks in a depressing run of sterility this squad is churning out. I also think by switching to 3-5-2 it gives Joe more room to play his game, and in turn helps the two more creative midfielders.

Having said that I still stand by my perception that in the first ten games or so he wasn't playing that well. But currently he is and merits his place.

Does joe seem to have his best games when Tommy isn't in the squad or is it just my imagination? Me thinks Tommy has lost his starting spot.

He probably plays the same game, but because Tommy goes lunging a running everywhere, whereas Joe is one of those players that wont win matches for you,but he wins the battle in midfield.

I would like to hear more JOE BURNELL MY LORD songs ringing around Ashton Gate.

I love the man simply cause he stuck to what he knew he was good at and fought back against his critics. He has done superbly and the man deserves every bit of praise he gets.

Also he isn't likely to do anything rash like headbutt someone :sport5:

I've never had a problem with joe burnell the only problem i had was with joe burnell and tommy doc playing together. At home its too defensively. Away from home you can understand it more.

Joe has been in top form over the last few games. Nice to see him going forward more aswell

Please carry this on Joe.  :(

What gets me is you have a worker in your side like Joe Burnell, who scores a goal and produces good build up - But people like Peacock were getting just as much credit today, for a little turn or flick.

Dunc, once again as i said on the bus, Peacock cannot play with Roberts, do you not understand? If Peacock wasnt scoring we would be bottom

Guest Bathred

He probably plays the same game, but because Tommy goes lunging a running everywhere, whereas Joe is one of those players that wont win matches for you,but he wins the battle in midfield.

It seems to me that Tommy D and Joe burnell cant play together 'cause Tommy is always trying to be the hero, it's almost like he cant trust anyone else to protect the midfield or attack from it. He's a good tackling player but cant work as a team player. I'd keep Joe in as Captain over Tommy any day of the week. Keep up the good work Joe. :(:):angry:

Guest Lockerman
I HAVE TO AGREE BURNELL THEN WOODMAN AND TINNION VERY CLOSE BEHIND FOR MOTM

I know that Lee Peacock didn't score on Saturday but I felt that he had aterrific game, his play off the ball and support play was tremendous, keep going Lee it will all come good in the end. :(

Archived