IGNORED

Blackpool Away= Crucial

Alex_BCFC

We must not lose this game. Anyone before today that suggested playoffs could still happen must surely conceed that we have nowhere near enough quality to be top 6 in this league.

We still lack a left winger, holding player and pace upfront. I would settle for mid table right now and give Johnson an adequate amount of time to sort out this mess.

If we can remain unbeaten through the next two games, be it by winning or drawing, and go into the Swansea game unbeaten in 9, I will be over the moon. The Colchester game is a big ask at the moment and if we lose there it will be a real test how well we bounce back.

The playoffs have been well beyond our reach for a long time, our priorities need to be 1) get safe 2) build for next season.

Nibor

If we can remain unbeaten through the next two games, be it by winning or drawing, and go into the Swansea game unbeaten in 9, I will be over the moon. The Colchester game is a big ask at the moment and if we lose there it will be a real test how well we bounce back.

The playoffs have been well beyond our reach for a long time, our priorities need to be 1) get safe 2) build for next season.

Nibor

I agree with all that. Just think that today puts some persceptive on how we are still light years away from being a force in this league despite our run. And I'm also worried by the way we have a lot of away games to go when our away form is very poor- if we play like we did at Yeovil we won't get much away. 50 points should be enough I reckon as it is a low scoring league.

We must not lose this game. Anyone before today that suggested playoffs could still happen must surely conceed that we have nowhere near enough quality to be top 6 in this league.

We still lack a left winger, holding player and pace upfront. I would settle for mid table right now and give Johnson an adequate amount of time to sort out this mess.

And we lack a goalkeeper who can kick a ball!! I'm not knocking Basso but today's error was the first time he had got punished NOT the first time that his poor kicking has put us in trouble. Phillips is not much better at kicking, but he is better. Basso did put it behind him though and make a good save to prevent us going 2-0 down.

And we lack a goalkeeper who can kick a ball!! I'm not knocking Basso but today's error was the first time he had got punished NOT the first time that his poor kicking has put us in trouble. Phillips is not much better at kicking, but he is better. Basso did put it behind him though and make a good save to prevent us going 2-0 down.

It was coming for a while and whilst I'm not Basso's biggest fan, I would still have him in for Phillips anyday. The reason we didn't win today was a lack of quality on the wings, in the centre of midfield (apart from Noble) and no pace upfront.

It was coming for a while and whilst I'm not Basso's biggest fan, I would still have him in for Phillips anyday. The reason we didn't win today was a lack of quality on the wings, in the centre of midfield (apart from Noble) and no pace upfront.

We are a "slow" side and don't have pace in many areas. That is the biggest thing that Johnson will ultimately have to address as pace and power are necessary to get out of this league. The midfield were poor today, their worst collective performance for weeks and that allowed Scunny too much possession. I felt that because of this Brooker, Savage and Stewart when introduced were fighting a losing battle today anyway. I also think we need a natural "leader" somewhere in the side who can take a game that is drifting away from us by the scruff of the neck. But, putting things into perspective, most of us would have taken a 7 match unbeaten run 7 games ago!!

Must admit, I was getting carried away by talk of possibly making the playoffs - but after todays performance, reality has come into play.

Its a shame, but I agree we miss a left footed winger, a "Tommy" and pace up front.

I also find myself agreeing that mid table is what we are playing for - and most importantly - safety.

The reason we didn't win today was a lack of quality on the wings, in the centre of midfield (apart from Noble) and no pace upfront.

I agree with you on lack of quility on the wings and having no pace up front

But the centre of midfield with noble and russell is imo the best we have had

at city since the days of gary shelton

I think the only reason that people (myself included!) were talking about the playoffs is that although we are clearly a bit pants, so is the rest of the league this year.

There is no team running away with it and as the Huddersfields recent results have shown I don't think the teams near the top are vastly superior to the teams near the bottom.

And anyway, as previous years should tell us if your around the top 10-12 with a month to go then your in with a (freakish) shout.

I don't get to games cos I live to far away so I can't really make an educated comment on our performances but if you look at the league and form tables we're not that far away.

Saying that though I'd be happy with a top half finish and some real team spirit going into next year.

Every game is crucial , not just Blackpool.

When we struggle to draw against Yeovil and S****horpe, my God how far have we gone down. Fans even saying a result against Col U will be tough. We were beating and competing with the teams promoted in the previous four seasons, now we are looking at mid table with a struggle.

Who is steering the ship SL.

I think that a draw would be good as we never seem to get a result from there ever ever ever.. and i hope its not as cold as last time either..... be happy with staying up this season owt else is a bonus

TTFN PINKY

Archived