IGNORED

Manager Laws Opinion Of Baz

city1uk

Extract from S****horpe's main site:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But Laws was disappointed to concede a leveller from Bas Savage, who was left unmarked to head home from six yards out after escaping his marker Richard Hinds.

He added: "We got a little bit sloppy with the passing which allowed Bristol City to get up a head of steam.

"The equaliser, no disrespect to Savage but he's probably one of the worst headers of the ball you'll ever see.

"I don't think he even knew himself that it had come off his head. Hindsy should have done better, but the rest of the match we were solid."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm!

I'm pretty tired of the Bas Savage show now and it's become a liability.

I don't doubt his effort and I don't doubt he wants to be the best he can, but today and previous games he is a little bit of a liablity.

I know he scored, I know he set one uo for Brooker about three weeks ago, but the Bas Savage circus must now come to an end and we must get someone else that can perform better in his place.

Those that will say, how can I say that, look at what he's done, sorry, sit back and take a look and get back to reality.

MM

do you still like basso's kicking?

Do you still like calling me idiot as much as you used to? You'd think the novelty would start to wear off after so many times :blink:

Lita who was statistically the best player in the division before he got injured and who we wanted to keep, and Murray who did well before the change of manager.

You're talking rubbish mate.

Lita a misfit? You're having a laugh. :doh:

Indeed. I'm not sure we can really laugh as Reading are all but promoted whilst we are still not guareented league 1 football. Lita hasn't been a bad buy and has 6 goals in an injury ridden season. Fee was good for us.

Indeed. I'm not sure we can really laugh as Reading are all but promoted whilst we are still not guareented league 1 football. Lita hasn't been a bad buy and has 6 goals in an injury ridden season. Fee was good for us.

Exactly, everyone was (nearly) a winner.

We could do with a player like Lita, but could we turn down that money for a player with one years experience? Of course not!

To ridicule them and us, it just reeks of people substanciating what we're notorious for; being arrogant and too big for our third division boots!

Guest Royal Ian

Lita is 20 years old, was your best player and has shown enough (when fit) that he is going to be a top player for us in the PREMIERSHIP

You've signed a guy that was sent back to us from Wycombe, Bury and Forest Green.

On HNA there is a thread on Basil where he is described as our 'Eddie the Eagle' I think that's spot on.

Murray we got our money back so hey ho. :dance:

###### off Laws you ######.

post of the the day!!!

no disrespect he says and then lays into him - what a toss pot

Lita is 20 years old, was your best player and has shown enough (when fit) that he is going to be a top player for us in the PREMIERSHIP

You've signed a guy that was sent back to us from Wycombe, Bury and Forest Green.

On HNA there is a thread on Basil where he is described as our 'Eddie the Eagle' I think that's spot on.

in all fairness i think savage was either going to be a sensation or a stop gap. i think the stop gap solution is the answer before we get a new guy in before the end of the month.

Guest MaloneFM

sorry...on the phone..hello Bouncy Castle hire? Yes we have got a MILLION quid here...jelly and ice cream? Yes please! :dance:

Laws said,apart from the usual manager stuff about how good/unlucky they were, that ;

(a) they identified Basso's kicking as a weakness

(b) Savage was one of the worst headers of the ball you'll see ( i believe he means at a pro level )

Right on both accounts for me so whats the problem ?

Everything Laws said was spot on.

I'm pretty tired of the Bas Savage show now and it's become a liability.

I don't doubt his effort and I don't doubt he wants to be the best he can, but today and previous games he is a little bit of a liablity.

I know he scored, I know he set one uo for Brooker about three weeks ago, but the Bas Savage circus must now come to an end and we must get someone else that can perform better in his place.

Those that will say, how can I say that, look at what he's done, sorry, sit back and take a look and get back to reality.

MM

[/qu

ote]

Spot on he,s rubbish

I think it's what Laws didn't say particularly regarding his own team which is the issue here.

fair enough, but he's unlikely to say " yeah my boys threw themselves to the ground at every opportunity today" :laugh: besides , the ref wasnt fooled and Ol' Bas was collapsing like a deck of cards as well!!!

Brian Laws was well out of order with what he said about Basso and Bas Savage. He should take a look at his own teams performance instead of slating our boys. That header was a good header by Savage and saying that about he knew about Basso and they were out to close him down was *********. Hate managers that come out with shitty comments when they know #### all.

Brain Laws **** **** ****

Extract from S****horpe's main site:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But Laws was disappointed to concede a leveller from Bas Savage, who was left unmarked to head home from six yards out after escaping his marker Richard Hinds.

He added: "We got a little bit sloppy with the passing which allowed Bristol City to get up a head of steam.

"The equaliser, no disrespect to Savage but he's probably one of the worst headers of the ball you'll ever see.

"I don't think he even knew himself that it had come off his head. Hindsy should have done better, but the rest of the match we were solid."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmm!

Why has this post become anything less than a hit at laws who has been unproffessional from an 'inside' the game angle! Not about Basso, but about Savage. True or not, he has made public a real put me down about a professional player. Make a similar comment about a ref or another manager and he'd be bringing the game into disrepute.

However, thanks for firing us up for our return game against your lot of light weight, free-kick seeking, yellow card demanding northern monkeys.

Mr.Laws I believe you have just written the scipt for a long Basso clearance to Savage who scores to give city a 0-1 away victory.

Keep his statements for the pre-match team talk. Might be worth re-signing Lavin to drill one into the home dug out for that game :whistle:

Archived