IGNORED

Rovers Logo

Guest Waspito

Guest Legend City Man

Niall quinn was reffering to Andy Cole on Sky Sports on Saturday before the Man U derby and said that Cole was great when playing for BRISTOL... to which J redknapp quickly said ... CITY niall.. ggrrr upsets me too..

IPB Image

Guest The Codfather 0312

Thats what really annoys me. When people refer to city and rovers as one team and call both teams BRISTOL, there are two teams in bristol theorectically, but only one that matters. (city ofcourse) :city::grr:

I was having this discussion with someone the other day. Nottingham has two teams and I call one forest and one notts county. Same as Liverpool and Everton, Lets just call them both Liverpool and see how they like it.

I'm glad this issue has been raised.

When ever we're live on Sky or talked about by the national media and somebodies commenting on us who should know better refers to us as Bristol makes them look so ignorant. It's because we're not really in a Footballing hotbed I think, gives me an identity complex though. Just because we're from the same City as Scum PLEASE do not leave anyone in doubt as to which one of us you're talking about.

They should just call us City and them Scum, or Sags I can handle, that would save the confusion.

The only other City with the same problem that I've ever noticed is Sheffield. I wonder if there's any United/Wednesday fans right now having this same discussion?

Guest DrFaustus

not leave anyone in doubt as to which one of us you're talking about.

They should just call us City and them Scum, or Sags I can handle, that would save the confusion.

Sag pikey nomads is our preferred term. Please be a good chap and use this in future.

Felicitations and regards good fellow.

Guest DrFaustus

Sag pikey nomads is our preferred term. Please be a good chap and use this in future.

Felicitations and regards good fellow.

Sorry, Sad Pikey Inbred Nomads. Knew that I'd forgotten something.

Glad to be of service.

Thats what really annoys me. When people refer to city and rovers as one team and call both teams BRISTOL, there are two teams in bristol theorectically, but only one that matters. (city ofcourse) :city::grr:

this is a pet hate for my girlfriend margaret.

when they keep on saying bristol on the tv when we are

playing or being mentioned , she shouts at the tv and at

who ever is saying it.

it is a good job they can't hear what is being said.( no shes not that bad )

Same as Liverpool and Everton, Lets just call them both Liverpool and see how they like it.

That's not really the same as the Bristol thing. Plus no one refers to Notts County as Nottingham.

In the league it applies only to Sheffield, Bristol & Manchester (have I missed any?) who share their first name with a local rival.

It would annoy me to though.

Guest MaloneFM

I was having this discussion with someone the other day. Nottingham has two teams and I call one forest and one notts county.

Actually old love Nottingham has only the one team. Nottingham Forest. The other one is Nottinghamshire County. Or Notts County.

Do keep up with the round ball game or its no home commentaries for you any more.

Guest PapaLazarou

I was having this discussion with someone the other day. Nottingham has two teams and I call one forest and one notts county. Same as Liverpool and Everton, Lets just call them both Liverpool and see how they like it.

that would be so funny. it will really wind them up. that would be the best prank ever.

Actually old love Nottingham has only the one team. Nottingham Forest. The other one is Nottinghamshire County. Or Notts County.

Do keep up with the round ball game or its no home commentaries for you any more.

You sure about that? Isn't it true that Notts County's Meadow Lane is situated within the City of Nottingham, while Nottingham Forest's City Ground stands just outside the City boundary in the County of Notts? Or something.

Oh, the ironing.

Anyway, the one that p's me off is the way the media refer simply to 'United' when talking about Man U, the implication being that all other clubs that share the 'United' suffix are too insignificant to mind.

This has also started happening with (Manchester) 'City'. Tim 'C***' Lovejoy being the main culprit.

Archived