IGNORED

League Table Of Stadiums

Br 1st ol

Rated by capacity, facilities, age or location, which clubs stadiums would be:

1. Top three

2. Bottom three

and where would ashton gate finish? would we make the play offs??

On the grounds I've been to...

Top three:

1. Forest

2. City

3. Hudds

Bottom:

1. Chesterfield

2. Blackpool

3. Port Vale

priestfield stadium, gillingham - should be in the conference. shambolic.

the tea was cold, even the second cup on returning the first [although the girl was rather tasty if i recall], the pasty was less than 1cm high, the roof leaked, i tripped and almost fell into a pot hole, the pitch was a disgrace, only the nearest fish and chippie saved the entire day from being an unmitigated disaster.

clearly the top 3 must be:-

FOREST

HUDDERSFIELD

SWANSEA - although i think they could have finished the job

followed by

BRADFORD - although it does look a little lop sided

OAKWELL

ASHTON GATE - in at 6th

Seriously out of the playoffs. Sadly we have not kept pace with other progressive clubs/cities, and teams such as Swansea, Walsall, Forrrest, Huddersfield etc etc have gone forward, whilst we have stagnated. We only have the stupid Atyeo (small, no acoustics) to show for the last 30 years. All the other 3 sides of the ground have had superficial updating, but remain cramped with poor facilities.

I suppose we a re paying for a council that refuses to upset supporters of one of City or Rovers, and will not sanction a new ground, despite the City building everything else but in the last 10 years.

Walsall? Are you kidding? They have one nice stand and the rest of the ground is rubbish. The away end feels like a battery chicken coop.

Seriously out of the playoffs. Sadly we have not kept pace with other progressive clubs/cities, and teams such as Swansea, Walsall, Forrrest, Huddersfield etc etc have gone forward, whilst we have stagnated. We only have the stupid Atyeo (small, no acoustics) to show for the last 30 years. All the other 3 sides of the ground have had superficial updating, but remain cramped with poor facilities.

I suppose we a re paying for a council that refuses to upset supporters of one of City or Rovers, and will not sanction a new ground, despite the City building everything else but in the last 10 years.

WALSALL ??? W T F?

WALSALL....I have a song for you...it goes..."'cause the drugs don't work, they just make you worse...." sing a long.

Ashton Gate still has character unlike many stadiums around the country.

MM

1. Forest

2. Huddersfield

3. Swansea :ph34r:

4. City

The worst as follows:

22. Brentford

23. Chesterfield

24. Doncaster

Doncaster's ground is rubbish, although they have good turnouts etc, respect to the fans for that. Maybe thats why they have good support (glad to get away from their sh-hole)? Their new ground looks impressive though.

City would come in after these grounds

Bradford City

Huddersfield

Forest

Swansea

Barnsley

What worries me is that each year we are slipping down this 'league table'. If the away end at Swindon had a roof it would run us close - and don't look in Division 4 .... Darlington leave the Gate looking like the dated ground it has become.

Imagine if we made it into the Championship - 18 grounds there would beat us hands down!

BCFC are quite simply a big fish in the proverbial small pool of West Country football.

The other thing to remember is that we are essentially a three-sided ground. The East End - 90% of the time is 90% empty. What is the point of the East End? If Cardiff can make good use of an end with segregated but mixed home and away with their fearsome reputation, why cannot City?

Overall assessment:

Dolman - a great stand 20-25 years ago - now showing its age with its poor exit facilities.

Williams - no real change since I was there as a kid in '64 apart from a few seats bolted onto the terraces.

East End - cr*p seats bolted onto terracing that is out of bounds anyway.

Atyeo - OK but nothing compared to the 'best' stands in other grounds.

It does hurt me to say this but Ashton Gate really has not kept pace with modern stadia development.

Rated by capacity, facilities, age or location, which clubs stadiums would be:

1. Top three

2. Bottom three

and where would ashton gate finish? would we make the play offs??

Bottom should be MK Donuts as they're in the wrong bloomin place! :doh:

I actually quite like the look of Ashton Gate. It still has some character and heritage unlike these plasticated "modern" stadiums that seem to be taking over.

Chesterfield is a dump to be fair, but at least they have terracing! :angry:

Forest is worth a mention too, just because it's Forest.

Archived