IGNORED

Our Players Out On Loan

Bristol Boy

Clearly, a lot depends on who comes in/out during the transfer window.

That having been said, if we don't sign a left back, I can't see the point of releasing Fortune, who is earning some decent reviews from both Vale & opposition fans.

Since we beat them Vale have won 3-0 at Huddfld and they beat Barnsley on Saturday 3-2.

Heckinbottom would have been ideal, but as he lives about 600 yards down the road from Oakwell and said he wanted to stay in Yorkshire, then that wasn't likely to happen although, I'm very reliably informed that he was coming here up to Thursday am, when Barnsley stepped in.

With Partridge only just returning from a worrying injury and not match fit, our squad would be weakened by CF leaving and let me say that if he does it must be with a substantial sell on clause, because he has all the attributes to come good.

Yes, I know he doesn't always show them, looks like he doesn't give a toss and he'll go from being great to crap in a nano second, but, on what I've seen, he has the ability and he's our only other option at left back besides Partridge.

Keogh hasn't gone back to Wycombe but he's another fine prospect who I hope we keep.If his move to Wycombe becomes permanent then the same comments regarding a sell on apply.

Finally, Gillespie who could still have a part to play depending on the ins/outs during the window.I've always rated the lad, but he needs to play next to Brooker or Savage and have a run in the side and that won't be helped by us signing another striker and Stewart staying put, as looks likely.

All in All, I'd rather see them stay than have more loan players of the quality that arrived before.

With Charlton set to sign Bent from Everton, the Lisbie rumour could well be true and I would welcome a player of his talent on loan or otherwise.

That having been said, if we don't sign a left back, I can't see the point of releasing Fortune, who is earning some decent reviews from both Vale & opposition fans.

Since we beat them Vale have won 3-0 at Huddfld and they beat Barnsley on Saturday 3-2.

The Vale manager says we've put a "ridiculous" 6 figure price tag on his head. Based on that I don't think we'll be releasing him.

The Vale manager says we've put a "ridiculous" 6 figure price tag on his head. Based on that I don't think we'll be releasing him.

"ridiculous" 6 Figure price tag - £1000.01??

Guest Harry Dolman

Not sure if this has been picked up, but the PVFC fans awarded Clayton the Player of the month award for Dec.

Fair play to him, ideally I would like him to come back but I would wish him well wherever he went.

Guest alex1089

Speaking of loans.Expect to see a Fulham defender here soon and Jamie Smith off to Scunny.

Not revealing my source either so don't bother asking.

Well done mate, the first ones is right then! Smith off tomorrow then I take it?

Do you know who we have bidded for?

It's only ridculous if you haven't got the money!

PNE offered a deal that was worth £400k in instalments and CF turned it down after Tins accepted it.

Not my words, BB, the words of Martin Foyle. He'll be a valuable player if anyone can get him playing to his potential. Not sure he's the Gary Johnson type mind you.

Speaking of loans.Expect to see a Fulham defender here soon and Jamie Smith off to Scunny.

Not revealing my source either so don't bother asking.

Well you got the Grant Smith to Walsall prediction right, and now this Fulham defender one as well. Wouldn't be surprised to see Jamie Smith go to S****horpe - it's just a shame he wasn't there in time to play against us :w00t: Any news on a striker? ;)

Archived