IGNORED

Moving To Bristol!

WestburyRed

Need some advice as it looks as though the other half may get a teaching job in Bristol (massive bonus for me, we always drive there for football, cinema and shopping anyway)

Anyways, fancy moving closer to the City (I'm currently in West Wiltshire), can anyone give us advice on online estate agents or anything to look at? Massive databases like Rightmove are all well and good but locally we use Town and Country, which gives cool stuff like layout plans and a fair few pictures.

Any advice appreciated, even just a list of Estate Agents specific to Bristol would be good as then we can investigate further (we hope to be very South of the city as I still need to travel to Trowbridge to work every day, Hengrove, Brislington, Keynsham, anything like that seems reasonable)

I stumbled accross a few sites the other day when searching for student houses for next year.

www.andrewsonline.co.uk

www.hbe.co.uk

www.besleyhill.co.uk

www.morgan-sons.co.uk

Not sure if they're any good as i didn't spend long on their sites (not helpful for students), but they may be of some use.

Don't move to Yate, Cadbury Heath, Hartcliffe or St Pauls... not going to give the reasons but have you ever been to Iraq?

Thats a bit harsh mate!

Theres nothing wrong with most parts of Bristol, Just different cultures and going ons to what you are used to. I live in Barton Hill which has a really bad reputation, But I have never had any problem, Never been mugged, Never been broken into etc.

got to be south bristol. Been in Bristol since 1984 and lived East, North, Central and South, and S.bristol wins it hands down.

Try Windmill Hill, Bedminster and parts of knowle. Or if going East bristol for communting then Fishponds is ok.

Depends what you want really and the type of area you is used to living in :D

Guest WillsbridgeRed

If u got 100k max then Cadbury Heath is the place 4 you fella - All ex council but there's never any aggro, just dont live in the Banjo Island part

got to be south bristol.  Been in Bristol since 1984 and lived East, North, Central and South, and S.bristol wins it hands down.

Try Windmill Hill, Bedminster and parts of knowle.  Or if going East bristol for communting then Fishponds is ok.

Depends what you want really and the type of area you is used to living in  :D

Windmill Hill is pretty Pricey. MY house(my inheritance) is a small 3 bedroom house, and its been valued at 120k. Alot of Bunce.

If u got 100k max then Cadbury Heath is the place 4 you fella - All ex council but there's never any aggro, just dont live in the Banjo Island part

Found a few, St Annes and St George, and one in Longwell Green for under 100k. Certainly more choice on houses for under 100k than where I live currently, although for all I know the ones I found could be complete dumps inside!

Will register with all the estate agents closer to the time (just waiting on the mrs job now, should know in March), but its been nice to get a rough idea of what is about, thanks.

Seriously, do not touch Bedminster, Southmead, Henbury, Withywood, Hartcliffe or Knowle with a 10-foot bargepole. They all have more problems than you can shake a stick at.

Horfield is nice though...

I Lived in Hartcliffe, Knowle and Bedminster, nothing wrong with them. Horfield, what a poor area. All the people from that area who goes to my school plasy football ast the top of the field alone as there out casts. People with 16 toes are outcasts in my school hense why they play alone. :D

I Lived in Hartcliffe, Knowle and Bedminster, nothing wrong with them. Horfield, what a poor area. All the people from that area who goes to my school plasy football ast the top of the field alone as there out casts. People with 16 toes are outcasts in my school hense why they play alone.

1/2 my family's from Hartcliffe and 1/2 are from Bemmy, so i see them a lot. They are seriously run-down. Horfield ain't like Clifton or owt, i agree, but it ain't bad.

The Horfield lads play football at the top of the field because they are better! :D

What school r u at?

Archived