IGNORED

Skuse In

leadman

Funny that, because I thought when he came on during Saturdays match he actually sat infront of the back 4 and kept the Scunny midfielders raids at bay.

He might not be the best going forward, but he certainly has some defensive qualities and frankly we are going to need them on a night like tonight :pray:

I would quote TOMF but it wont work.

I thought S****horpe weren't really intent on attacking in the second half, therefore it was an easy job to protect the back four when Scunny were intent on protecting their lead, wasn't anything like how other teams have attacked at us this season where he proved to be completely incompetant. He did not a lot going forward also.

we shipped 3 goals, skuse at fault for the 2nd, nuff said.

Ah well, I'm sure your delighted at the outcome of the game.

No wonder we lose when some of our fans can't even get behind the boys picked by the manager.

Pathetic.

Ah well, I'm sure your delighted at the outcome of the game.

No wonder we lose when some of our fans can't even get behind the boys picked by the manager.

Pathetic.

What?

I rarely agree with leadman but he's not done anything in this thread other than suggest that there are better options than Skuse, and somehow he's pathetic and can't get behind the team?

Can they hear you supporting them when you're in Bristol and they're in Colchester? No, thought not. It's a forum, it's for debate not for being holier than thou.

Nibor

Guest PapaLazarou

so, skuse starts another long and pointless run in the first team. And he starts just where he left off, with a defeat. Lets just pray that he does not play at blackpool, as that looks like the only winnable game out of our next half dozen or so.

skuuuuuuuuuuuse.

i mean booooooo

What?

I rarely agree with leadman but he's not done anything in this thread other than suggest that there are better options than Skuse, and somehow he's pathetic and can't get behind the team?

Can they hear you supporting them when you're in Bristol and they're in Colchester? No, thought not. It's a forum, it's for debate not for being holier than thou.

Nibor

There may be better options, but he berates the player - he was picked by Johnson.

For a guy who doesn't even get 1/20 of what Stewart earns he puts more effort in than some that have graced our team this season.

I personally thought it was a good call to play him today, as it turned out we gave a team who are now 2nd in the league one hell of a battle - but Leadman has chosen to pick on the fact that apparently it was his fault that Heywood deflected the ball into his own net for the second goal :dunno:

You are right, how can I support them from here. Then again, how can we judge them on what we hear on the radio either?

Maybe I'm just fed up with this blame culture when we lose. Did anyone really expect us to put up any sort of performance against them today... yet realistically we could have held them.

There may be better options, but he berates the player - he was picked by Johnson.

All he said was he thought we'd ship some goals with Skuse not offering the back four protection. In fairness the facts from tonight and indeed the whole season would agree with him.

For a guy who doesn't even get 1/20 of what Stewart earns he puts more effort in than some that have graced our team this season.

Yes, I'm sure Skuse is only getting 200 quid a week. This has nothing to do with Stewart anyway. I don't believe anyone has criticised Skuse's effort, merely his experience, positioning and ability to dominate a midfield. He'll be a great player one day.

I personally thought it was a good call to play him today, as it turned out we gave a team who are now 2nd in the league one hell of a battle - but Leadman has chosen to pick on the fact that apparently it was his fault that Heywood deflected the ball into his own net for the second goal :dunno:

I personally think Skuse is a massive talent and I thought it was the wrong call to play him today away at a very tough opponents for his first start in a long time, I'd have stuck with Russell. It's an opinion, that's what this forum is for.

Maybe I'm just fed up with this blame culture when we lose. Did anyone really expect us to put up any sort of performance against them today... yet realistically we could have held them.

Maybe I'm just fed up with the holier than thou, attacking the poster culture on here whenever anyone offers an opinion on here that is different to some groups of posters.

Nibor

steady on chaps

i did notice that you think I'm berrating skuse but made no mention of my support for brown, how selective you can be.

check are record with and without skuse.

we ship goals when skuse is in the team, we tend not to be such an easy touch when hes not, i think skuse has talent but is not the player for now., oldham showed is limitations on the defensive side of his game, he cost us 2 goals that day, with not tracking a player and not picking up at dead balls, i have not seen a game that he has played in, that he has not been at fault for at least one goal, we have options, including a player who has played in every game in our 7 game unbeaten run(russell).

i want to see brown play in his prefered roll, centre mid, in a very tough game like tonight was allways going to be, i just think browns tackling and energy was a better option.

does that clear things up.

Without a midfield containing Skuse and Noble and then Brown, we would certainly have lost this game by at least 2 goals.

Without Skuse in the Midfield City have managed to limit sides to half chances managing to keep teams to mainly hopeful shots etc. Look at the goals we have conceded since he was dropped, the og against Bradford when they hadn't even looked like scoring, the goal against Gillingham that I consider flukey as with the S****horpe goal that were both freakish not due to being over-run. That leaves the Yeovil and Rotherham goals from an 8 match run where Skuse has not started where teams got goals.

Then look at our midfield with Skuse playing Colchester, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Southend, Chesterfield, Oldham. Our midfield has been over-run with players able to have almost shooting practice with easy chances a common thing. Skuse is the main reason that we find ourselves where we are, it was never the defence that was the main problem during our long losing run, its not easy when teams run you raggid.

With Noble Murray and Cotteril we have found a midfield that offers a lot going forward, Skuse doesn't seem to often be deadly going forward, just plays it simple most of the time and does give away a lot of cheap possession. My main question is what the hell does he offer to the side, i'd rather see us play with ten men than with Skuse on the pitch because he is dreadful.

I am still unconvinced by Johnson, but he got it right for this game - wrong result, but right performance.

I believe that Russell would have been a better option. Wilkshire and Brown I would have preferred.

Ultimately Noble and Russell are our only two competant midfielders, with Brown and Wilkshire both needing to play alongside a 'Doherty' style player for our midfield to be able to compete. Skuse offers nothing and is never the right option. For me we need a new central midfielder more importantly than any other position because at the moment our only two options are Russell and Noble, with Russells fitness not being good enough.

Archived