IGNORED

Bring Our Keeper Back!

AndyKat87

In all fairness, Phillips was in goal during that losing run with a ridiculously unstable defence in front of him that changed every week. That's not the case now.

This experiment with Basso hasn't worked. You can tell the back four have no confidence in him by the fact they do everything to avoid giving him the ball!

He's been getting away with these mistakes for weeks now. Here's a few examples...

1) Port Vale (a) - Totally miskicked in the opening stages letting in Chris Birchall who somehow blazed against the bar.

2) Yeovil (a) - He literally could not get the ball off the ground for the majority of the game. He also made a stupid mistake which their player, Matt Harrold I think, shot straight at him twice.

3) Walsall (h) - Cocks up his kick (yet again) and a confident James Constable took early and fired wide from distance.

4) Scunthorpe (h) - Gifts Keogh a goal, enough said.

5) Colchester (a) - Costs us another goal after another silly mistake.

In my book, his luck is starting to run out. He got away with these blunders earlier on but teams are wisening up to him now and exploting him as a weakness. That's 4 points, 1 tonight and 3 on Saturday, that he's cost us now IMO and we cant afford this to continue in our precarious position.

can't argue with that..

i didn't want phillips dropped in the first place as he was playing behined

a shocking defence at the time he was in goal..

yep put steve back between the sticks.. :shifty:

Archived