IGNORED

Peacock On His Way To ......

cidernuta

Guest alex1089

I always thought peacock was a great player for us and yes maybe he did have barren spells without goals but he always gave 100% and sometimes was defending for the team and kept running and running, won most balls in the air and at times scored some great goals. I hope Lee P gets a good reception at AG as he was a great person to talk to and I have respect for him on the pitch. He has had his off the pitch drinking problems but nothing as bad as Roberts is having at the moment.

Good player who had a good attiude and work very hard.

Yes he enjoyed getting (I said a naughty word) up too often and I think that's why alot of City fans had it in for him.

IMO I didn't mind him going out, because he always tried hard and IMO didn't do bad for City, definently harshly treated by most on here.

Peacock was a decent lad. Gave 100% every game. As a target man, he did sometimes have barren spells. Even Brooker went 8 or 9 games without scoring this season.

Although i like Savage ( please don`t start another debate on this :pray: ) i would much rather have the "cock" back up front with Brooker.

I would have him back

My mate who is a Wednesday fan always commended his work rate and ability to head and hold up the ball. Be very interesting to see how he does for Swindon but not sure a partnership with Rory "######" Fallon will work that well. His scoring record is pretty good for City when you consider the type of player he is

Guest Harry Dolman

I think my biggest gripe with Peacock is that he never seemed to be able to form a decent partnerhsip with anyone. Because of his size you would mark him down as a target man - but he often said he didn't like that role. However he couldn't really play off a big man as he has no pace.

Technically he is a good player & he does work hard, but I wouldn't want him back.

The Pubs WILL be pleased. Lets hope Robbo steers clear of him.

Is the move to boost his chances of a Scotland cap then? :shifty: Christ every club round us is after our rejects nowadays............ :w00t:

I'd hardly call him a City reject Bucks. He left for "better" things not because he was out of favour.

Sheffield Wednesday reject if anything!

I wouldn't call Roberts or certainly Brown rejects either... Both were in the 1st team (well, not Roberts near the end!)

In all honesty a fit Peacock and Roberts was quite a potent strikeforce, and with a fit and focused Aaron Brown supplying crosses for the pair, it could offer a lifeline for Swindon.

And although I'm never really in favour of players returning to their old clubs, it looks, a more potent strikeforce than we are able to offer at this moment.

Archived