IGNORED

Michael Bridges

Corsham Ed

Guest alex1089

According to BBC it was a hawley hat-trick mate.

Appologies, they have changed it, fair play as earllier today me and my mate were saying how bridges has failed to score for carlisle since joining them and goes and scores a hat-trick tonight.

Nice to see Michael Bridges getting amongst the goals last night with 2 or was it 3?

We do not appear to be any further forward with signing a new striker, perhaps if GJ had not had a clash of personality with Bridges he may well have been scoring goals for us.

Acording to the match report one of the goals is a potential for goal of the season.

Seems he made the right move & this may ultimately lead to him playing in higher leagues.

• Admin
Pleased for him

Just a shame he wasnt given 10 or so games

to get his match sharpness back for us

I'll echo those thoughts, Bridges was the summer signing that most excited me, releasing him before giving him a run in the side seemed a strange decision. I know one swallow doesn't make a summer, but I feel that he may by pass us as he resurrects his career.

I'll echo those thoughts, Bridges was the summer signing that most excited me, releasing him before giving him a run in the side seemed a strange decision. I know one swallow doesn't make a summer, but I feel that he may by pass us as he resurrects his career.

One of the guys I work with is a Carlisle fan and they're made up by the signing of Bridges. Apparently one of his goals last night was after he took one touch to control a sixty yard pass and then slotted it in with his second.

With Carlisle riding high in League Two there's a good chance we may see him next season.

One of the guys I work with is a Carlisle fan and they're made up by the signing of Bridges. Apparently one of his goals last night was after he took one touch to control a sixty yard pass and then slotted it in with his second.

With Carlisle riding high in League Two there's a good chance we may see him next season.

His second goal, yup. Saw it on SSN this morning. Absolute class finish.

Shame that GJ wouldn't play him on the basis that he would go past 15 games and thus earn another year on his contract :pinch:

Hahahahahahah!! See him next season!!!! Hohoho!!!

Gary Johnson- i'm beginnig to like him more and more every day! Doing almost as good a job as the legend Tin Man!

Laugh now, cry later.

Whatever we are, where ever we are, one thing is always guarenteed.......................................................................we will never be in such a sad position as you gypos up the road.

All together now.......Where's your Eastville gone, where's your Eastville gone.......

Its easy to say the morning after he's just scored a hatrick 'see, I told you we shouldn't have let him go'. Whats it, he's scored six so far for Carlisle? three of which came on one inspired night. Its a shame he didn't score that many for us, I don't think there's any doubting his talent though and obviously not having a proper run in the team didn't help but as with so many things only time will tell on this one for me.

Chris Moyles also made very positive reference to him this morning for what its worth.

As for GJ, had we won Tuesday and Saturday(where I thought we were unlucky not to), he may not even have been bought into this debate, I know the reality is that we didn't but hey.

Another point I'd like to raise, is that for so many seasons, many managers and players have come and gone and debate has continued about this and that between fans throughout, but STILL we remain Englands greatest underachievers imo, what are peoples theories on the reasons for this?

Laugh now, cry later.

Whatever we are, where ever we are, one thing is always guarenteed.......................................................................we will never be in such a sad position as you gypos up the road.

All together now.......Where's your Eastville gone, where's your Eastville gone.......

His second goal, yup. Saw it on SSN this morning. Absolute class finish.

Shame that GJ wouldn't play him on the basis that he would go past 15 games and thus earn another year on his contract :pinch:

Carlisle amongst the top teams in div2, and us amongst the bottom teams in div1, not a lot of difference. Oh and if Carlisle come up and we go down, Bridges can wave at us as they fly by.

Tom reading your comments on a couple of threads it would appear you are even less enthralled with GJ than Tinman, are the knives being sherpened already, is that possible ?

Guest Legend City Man

I have to disagree with most of your comments here about GJ getting rid of Bridges.. Bridges was clearly unhappy down here in the South West and was a bit homesick, thats why hes playing better at Carlilse, Bridges was given enough chances in my opnion to perform but he was awfull and blew his chance..

I have to disagree with most of your comments here about GJ getting rid of Bridges.. Bridges was clearly unhappy down here in the South West and was a bit homesick, thats why hes playing better at Carlilse, Bridges was given enough chances in my opnion to perform but he was awfull and blew his chance..

This is not true, Michael Bridges was happy down here & if given the opportunity he would have shown what he could do, unfortunately he wasn't given the chance.

How you can say that he was given enough chances is beyond belief, Bas Savage has had more!

Archived