IGNORED

Loan Signings

zideread

Now these two may be damn good players, and I really hope they are but.......

In a side fighting off relegation from the 3rd division, are young relativly inexperienced premiership, london based loanees what this club needs?

Personally I think not, when the going gets tough these guys like the last are liable to dissappear.

This is all beginning to smack of no money for signings of any proven quality.

Just when things seem to be looking up it looks like the side is going to be pulled apart again and loan signings implanted in there place.

I really think the quicker GJs brother is given the boot and some proper scouts taken on board the better.

:pray: I pray it dosen't go bad again........please :pray:

Guest yateady

I can't argue with that.

Instead of Charlton, read Fulham.

I really don't understand the logic behind giving London premiership kids experience at our expense - especially given our position.

Umm. Didn't he try this before after a promising sequence of results....

at the end of the season if these two are any good we will have the chance to sign them, which will put us in a good position for next season as they will be settled, both are out of contract as i understand, this is the way we should be looking imo, young kids wanting to make a name for themselves, at the end of the day if their no good we don't sign them, it's a case of try before you buy.

I can't argue with that.

Instead of Charlton, read Fulham.

I really don't understand the logic behind giving London premiership kids experience at our expense - especially given our position.

Umm. Didn't he try this before after a promising sequence of results....

I think the lads from Charlton came under the 'giving experience' banner.

But I think these lads are looking to get a deal away from Fulham.

Lets try & be more positive.

The clouds lifted after we lost at Swansea, so lets be :)

Guest yateady

Like Sankofa and Youga ? That worked didn't it - NOT.

yeah sorry, forgot we signed them with a few to a permanent contract !!!!!!!!!!??????????, does this mean we all have to remember the tony dinning scenario ever time we sign a player on loan NOT!

I must admit, that was my first reaction. Logic and results suggest that sticking with the current back four is our best option, but I suspect that, at some convenient time soon, Orr and Woody will make way for the 2 new guys, with Carey moving to right back. Also, on past experience, players signed by GJ are exempt from criticism, so once in, they will be first choice. If we get to mid-table, I have no worries, but in our current predicament, playing two inexperienced youngsters in defence is a risk, especially as we currently have an inexperienced keeper who is somewhat erratic and eccentric! Another point is that past experience shows that Premiership reserve players tend to take about a season to adjust fully to League football, unfortunately we are not in a position to afford them that time.

I sincerely hope I am proved wrong, but there is a touch of deja-vu here!

Guest Harry Dolman

As you state, the lads from Charlton were here for experience - and we lost 9 on the trot.

These lads may well be looking for a contract, but so are hundreds more. We need players who have the experience to get us out of the siht. This aint a glee club - read into that what you will given who is recommending these sort of players.

Differences - the lads from Charlton were never going to get released, Younga couldn't speak English & both played in a side bereft of confidence. I would not be disappointed to get Sankofa back as I think playing alongside a Heywood type he could do a good job.

Getting Prem "rejects" is a pretty good strategy - see Danns for Colchester as evidence. If nothing else we should at least give them a chance.

Archived