IGNORED

Thanks For Madjo

fgrsimon

The boy's been an inspiration at Forest Green and has turned the season around completely. Two more goals today in the 5-0 hammering of Altrincham which makes 7 in 6 Conference games. That's including one game in which he was sent off before half-time and one where he didn't turn up until half-time; he got stranded at Heathrow on Boxing Day!!! In addition there's been several assists and he's even missed a penalty; we were 4-1 up at that point though. I'm just glad we've ended up with Magic Madjo instead of Big Bas!

I'm under no illusions, the chances are that he'll move on and back into the FL at the end of the season but he might just have bought us some more time in the Conference, which is vital with the new ground coming into use next season.

Did he make no impression at Ashton Gate at all?

Where is your new ground being built and how much will it hold??

About 300 Yards further up the road from the current one. Capacity, I think will initially be 6000 with 1000 seated or whatever the FL criteria are; it will meet FL standards, so if further miracles were to happen, we could progress and who knows, one day meet City in the League! The main stand from the current ground is also being moved to the new one eventually.

http://www.forest-green.brewersnet.com/newstadiumpics5.html

About 300 Yards further up the road from the current one. Capacity, I think will initially be 6000 with 1000 seated or whatever the FL criteria are; it will meet FL standards, so if further miracles were to happen, we could progress and who knows, one day meet City in the League! The main stand from the current ground is also being moved to the new one eventually.

Good luck to you. We could use you then as our nursery club :)

Scored on his debut at Brentford I think...

Would probably rather have Madjo playing up front than Savage...

Where is your new ground being built and how much will it hold??

Nah, he didnt - deserved it though... Wilkshire, Stewart and Brooker all scored - ahh what a day.

Very similar to Guy Ipoua of Hereford, solid, quick striker - but Madjo has a better finish about him - will do well in the Conference and maybe league 2.

Guest The Codfather 0312

I wish you all the best for the future. Hopefully this new stadium will have the same effect as many offers have done, Hull, Swansea etc etc. Would be good to have another west country team in the football League as really there isnt that many. Give it 3-5 years and you will be there.

We did not see much of him, but he looked OK, he tried hard, lacked a bit of control, but that would probably have improved with time. He was unpredictable, but looked like he would score goals. When he left, he was well down the list, but once Bridges and Gilly left, he would have been very useful to have around. Personally, I thought it was odd to let him go, and then sign Savage.

Archived