IGNORED

Saturday's Highlights

Redminster

Was watching the highlights with our match with Brentford the other day. Did anyone else notice - after Brentford scored their equaliser, the Brentford player went over to their fans and there was this teenager who came up to him at the front, very calmly gave the striker a thumbs-up and you could see him mouthing "well done".

Anyone else think it was funny - I go completely mental when we score and I'm old enough to know better :D

Another question, why do the highlights get shorter each week and why do they schedule it so late, when there is blatantly enough support for the nationwide leagues to have it on at (semi) peak time?

I did have a chuckle at the time. Just the three single souls down the front, made it appear they were the only Brentford support there.

I may have the answer to your question: It is a low priority show which, I believe, was pushed upon ITV by the Football League and Nationwide Building Society to which they agreed to help in negotiations for the ITV Digital coverage and also the highlights shown locally (ie HTV West's coverage of City, Gas etc) on a Sunday afternoon (regularly Saturday tea time in the Granada area!!).

Because of these extended highlights there is not the demand to see all the goals in the nationwide league. The Premiership has already covered Premier League goals so there are only the FL Clubs left for the show. Many people are only interested in their local club(s).

I as you, watch religously because it is the only BCFC action I see on TV except the odd Sky match. We have one thing in common, we are both exiles and live outside of the HTV West / BBC West coverage area. I want to see the goals, I tape it and will watch them over and over again to see who has done what etc. I also like to laugh at the goals going in the Gas goal!! And watc the other promotion contenders and teams we will be playing in the near future etc etc.

There is a low demand for the programme and it will be screened even later in the morning when once again the Champions League programme follows The Premiership round up in a few weeks time!!

• Admin
I as you, watch religously because it is the only BCFC action I see on TV except the odd Sky match. We have one thing in common, we are both exiles and live outside of the HTV West / BBC West coverage area.

But surely you've just tuned your sky box in to receive ITV West & BBC West? NTTDS has posted the instructions often enough. :D

But surely you've just tuned your sky box in to receive ITV West & BBC West? NTTDS has posted the instructions often enough.  :D

I don't have a Sky box on principle and lack of time to actually watch much (actually, would sit glued to the armchair if I had one) I do have a digital box for freeview and not sure if you can do similar with this? Would entertain the idea of having a sky box for free stuff though if I can retune it to BBC West, HTV.

Was watching the highlights with our match with Brentford the other day. Did anyone else notice - after Brentford scored their equaliser, the Brentford player went over to their fans and there was this teenager who came up to him at the front, very calmly gave the striker a thumbs-up and you could see him mouthing "well done".
Heh, i seen that aswell, thought it was quite funny in comparison to the East End celebration

I do have a digital box for freeview and not sure if you can do similar with this?
I also have freeview but no Sky for the same reason - don't have much time and in my case don't want to part with £40 odd a month when there's a perfectly decent pub round the corner :)

I haven't worked out if you can get regional TV on freeview - don't think so as of now. What I do like to do is to use digital text to see regional sports headlines from the "West" as the Bristol region is called. Of course all the news stories on there were on the official site the day before..... :D

Without getting to techno

With freeview having only 1-99 numbers although 700 numbers seem to be appearing

The channels you receive on freeview (in the ITV West and BBC1 West area)

are all transmitted from that gert big mast on the outskirts of Wells somerset

So unless thier is an increase in the channel numbers can't see other regional channels coming to freeview

But it does give you sky sports news which brings with it most if not all

nationwide goals on saturday evening

If you purchase a sky digi box abnd decoder I think for about fifty quid and get it fitted for another fifty quid No subscription required

The sky box will bring all BBC regional variotions and with a very simple tuning

system most of the other ITV regions

Good luck let me know if you require further info

Anyone else think it was funny - I go completely mental when we score and I'm old enough to know better  :D

That "teenager" is 26 and is a mate of mine and cares for his club like we do ours.

Wasn't meaning to insult him, I'm not a great judge of age :)

Just thought his reaction to the goal was not the archetypal reaction to a goal. But then again, we all celebrate a goal in different ways, don't we?

Mine for the record is to jump up and down like a loon for 20 seconds. :D

That "teenager" is 26 and is a mate of mine and cares for his club like we do ours.

Just because you happen to know the Brentford fan in question, nosmo, that doesn't detract from the fact that it was an hilariously funny understated response to his team scoring. My lad was in stitches and replayed it several times in disbelief.

A big "Thumbs Up" to him next time you see him for giving us such a good laugh.

I'm sad enough to have both Freeview and a "free to air " Sky box.

2 div. games are repeated aprox hourly on a saturday evening on sky sports news (freeview ch 43). You also get live reporting and goals from mid week games.

There is no possibility of picking up ITV west on freeview outside of the region as the signal is not strong enough.

If you live outside the region (like me ) then a skybox is the thing you need. A secondhand skybox costs approx £80 including dish. Fairly easy to set up (loads of instructions to be found on internet).

What you also need is to buy an ITV card for appox £23 (supposed to last two years). with this you can watch ITV west from just about anywhere in Europe. some failrly basic configuration is needed for for this to change the region. If you cant afford £23, or if you want to watch the goals again, then they are repeated on BBC pointswest on monday evening.

If I cant get to a game then at least with the two boxes I get to see a rerun of the goals at least four times !! As I said , very sad.........

Oh No Sorry to offend you, a letter of apology in the post, to him, his family and friends.

Bit sarcastic that don't you think ? for a tenager :D I was just pointing out that I know the person in question and he is not a teenager but a 26 year old. He found it quite funny when I told him tonight what was said about his age. I'm sure he'll look forward to your letter as will the other members of his family.

I did have a chuckle at the time. Just the three single souls down the front, made it appear they were the only Brentford support there.

I may have the answer to your question: It is a low priority show which, I believe, was pushed upon ITV by the Football League and Nationwide Building Society to which they agreed to help in negotiations for the ITV Digital coverage and also the highlights shown locally (ie HTV West's coverage of City, Gas etc) on a Sunday afternoon (regularly Saturday tea time in the Granada area!!).

Because of these extended highlights there is not the demand to see all the goals in the nationwide league. The Premiership has already covered Premier League goals so there are only the FL Clubs left for the show. Many people are only interested in their local club(s).

I as you, watch religously because it is the only BCFC action I see on TV except the odd Sky match. We have one thing in common, we are both exiles and live outside of the HTV West / BBC West coverage area. I want to see the goals, I tape it and will watch them over and over again to see who has done what etc. I also like to laugh at the goals going in the Gas goal!! And watc the other promotion contenders and teams we will be playing in the near future etc etc.

There is a low demand for the programme and it will be screened even later in the morning when once again the Champions League programme follows The Premiership round up in a few weeks time!!

Sadly I'm in a similar position, although Central South our local ITV, do show the goals on Monday night if we play Swineden, but not if said Swineden lose, and if we get in the same div as Wombleden they will show more highlights win or lose. They seem to be the highlight of the news these days, despite being intruders!

dont your local lot do the same, plenty of nationwide sides in the NW?

Sadly I'm in a similar position, although Central South our local ITV, do show the goals on Monday night if we play Swineden, but not if said Swineden lose, and if we get in the same div as Wombleden they will show more highlights win or lose. They seem to be the highlight of the news these days, despite being intruders!

dont your local lot do the same, plenty of nationwide sides in the NW?

Sure, however, Granada only show the goals because, as you say, there are plenty of clubs in the north west. I don't believe I have ever seen the City goals when they play sides up here because they are usually shown on Saturday tea time and I'm on my way back from the game!! Annoyingly they also usually show the local clubs goals and not those of the away side!

The only way to watch City goals is Nationwide Football League Highlights on ITV.

Just don't let the lass you pull open her gob once you get her in the sack (other than for non vocal reasons), it will put you right off your stroke.

"Do ya want salt as well as vinegar chuck"

Do know what teh really funny thing is that a recent survey found that scouse women apend more money on designer clothes than anywhere else in the country. Oh grandma what a big giro you have.

Do know what teh really funny thing is that a recent survey found that scouse women apend more money on designer clothes than anywhere else in the country. Oh grandma what a big giro you have.
They've stopped the away day robbing then?

Archived