IGNORED

Who Do You Reckon Is The Best Free-kick Taker At The Club?

GeoTheCiderHead

On goal - Noble.

Crossing - Woodman.

We have not had decent set piece takers for a long, long time, even Tinnion wasn't that great at them.

Wilkshire chips dead balls, that will get you the odd goal from a direct free kick but hardly ever from a cross, and if you ask a keeper whether they prefer to deal with chips or crosses/shots hit with power it's an easy choice.

Nibor

I haven't seen Noble do anything good shooting-wise with a free kick yet. One into the side netting against Huddersfield (I think), but apart from that he's either been off-target or straight into the wall. That said, he's got a great delivery and his crossing is pretty good.

Wilkshire is a better shooter from free kicks.

Also, don't forget Russell, he's setup a couple of goals from set pieces recently (Brooker's on Saturday, Heywood's at Yeovil).

I personally reckon out of our current players Luke Wilkshire is probably the best but David Noble looks pretyy dangerous from long range free kicks and I'm sure its only a matter of time before he curls one majestcially into the top corner.

Geo

Noble was supposed to be a free-kick expert at Boston but I've seen little so far...

Luke Wilkshire and Scotty Brown strike a good ball.

In recent years the only real thumping unstoppable free kicks have been taken by the big men, Lee Peacock at Swindon and Lee Matthews at Cheltenham. At this level, you arn't going to find a consistent free kick taker, so I always think power is the way to go, and these two showed it.

Archived