IGNORED

The Next England Manager?

BB.

Who do you want?  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Pearce will be a good manager for England one day, but I'd rather he learnt as much about being a manager as possible first.

Out of Sam Allardyce, Alan Curbishley and Steve McClaren then maybe Big Sam with McClaren as assistant, although Sam Allardyce's Bolton team play very tedius football, so I don't know how he would handle getting the skillfull players of the England squad playing their style as appose to Boltons style.

Peter Taylor has worked with probably half the squad at under-21 level, so he will be worth considering.

Jose Morinho knows the English game and has been hugely successfull and so he would be the foreign manager I would be happiest with. Although Wenger knows the English game I wouldn't really want him to be the manager that much.

Big Sam is one of the only English managers who has said he'd love to have the job, so I think it might be him. I think he'd do a great job to be honest. I don't know if the FA will risk having another non-English manager this time round... Only time will tell!!

It is my personal opinion that a foreign coach is the only sensible move for the FA to make. I am very much in agreement that English managers are more passionate than Mr. Eriksson ever appeared to be but Eriksson still did a good job. Alot of our criticism of Eriksson occured when we were looking for a scapegoat, the Swedish guy in charge was always the obvious choice, this has happened to EVERY England coach in recent years with the possible exception of Venebles.

Sam Alladyce is a very good manager and out of all the English candidates is probably the best option in regards his clubs current state. But I believe the regular criticism Alladyce recieves from sections of the media will isolate him from the very start. I don't think he'd do a bad job for England, I'd love it if Alladyce successfully employed his Bolton tactic of exhausting the opposition then killing them off for the National team.

Steve McClaren is shooting himself in the foot at the moment and pretty much killing his own chances through Middlesborough's current form - I for one would be unhappy if McClaren because he is a too much of a significant figure in the Sven Goran Erkisson camp ... It wouldn't be a huge step forward for England to appoint someone who has a massive say in the current set-up.

Alan Curbishley is a very good manager and deserves much praise for his work with Charlton in the last 15 years but I don't think he is good enough for the England post - YES I'd have him in a simular position to what McClaren does now with Eriksson - but he is not the right man for the No. 1 job.

Martin O'Neil would be a brilliant appointment but he is quite rightly looking after his wife - I think Sir Alex Ferguson and Manchester United are waiting for the O'Neil to be available again so he can take over at Old Trafford - No source to that other than my own opinion.

I think at this moment in time a foreign manager is the best thing for England - As long as they speak the language adequately. There would be no immediate personal preference and I do think there is any harm in it and think we can still benefit from knowing more about the European game. England has a very isolationist view on football, always have always will.

So my vote would go to Guus Hiddink

There is no way the FA will appoint Big Sam.

Hes done an unbelievable job and is a fantastic man manager, but the way they play does not suit England.

My choice? I would go for a team of Gus Hiddink as manager. He knows Tournie football and his career speaks for himself. Stuart Pearce in as assistant.

Good call. It's quite possible too. Perce would be able to keep on at Man City as well, so he'll have the chance to learn on two different roles at the same time.

Strange thing is, McClaren was being tipped for the England job one day, a few days later he was signing a new four year contract with Middlesbrough and then a few days later some Middlesbrogh fans are calling for his head and throwing season tickets at him.... It's a funny old game!

Well, I'm surprised by this poll. Have any of you ever seen the way that Bolton play?!?

the myth that Bolton play un-attractive football is unture. Stats show that Bolton play the most short passes in the premiership than any other team in the prem.

the myth that Bolton play un-attractive football is unture. Stats show that Bolton play the most short passes in the premiership than any other team in the prem.

I dare you to sit through 90mins of them next time they're on sky.... :sleeping-smiley-012: :laugh:

They've used the term BRITISH manager to be appointed.

My money is now on Martin O'Neill.

It seems that way at the moment, the main candidates in the running seem to be Alan Curbishley, Sam Allardyce , Stuart Pearce, Guus Hiddink and Martin O'Neill.

Martin O'Neill is probably the best manager in that list. I wouldn't want the English managers, although as previously stated, it would be good to see Pearce as assistant in my opinion. Guus Hiddink might be a good choice too.

Well, I'm surprised by this poll. Have any of you ever seen the way that Bolton play?!?

Exactly.

More def con four than the beautiful game and that is with a team of Foreigners.

Stuart Pearce for me.

I dare you to sit through 90mins of them next time they're on sky.... :sleeping-smiley-012: :laugh:

It seems that way at the moment, the main candidates in the running seem to be Alan Curbishley, Sam Allardyce , Stuart Pearce, Guus Hiddink and Martin O'Neill.

Martin O'Neill is probably the best manager in that list. I wouldn't want the English managers, although as previously stated, it would be good to see Pearce as assistant in my opinion. Guus Hiddink might be a good choice too.

Think about it! Martin O'neil ex manager of "CELTIC" which could be more than a small problem with some of Englands less than open minded support.

Guest The big cheese

I would preferably like the England manager to be english because of the rule which says that only english players can play for england, so why not managers?

I've been thinking this (seriously), whilst pished, no though.

Who to install?.......

It's a headache innit.

NO ROONEY - :crying::crying::crying: - again, seriously.

He's a talisman, man. Managing to succeed without him will be very difficult.

All I need now is for Schweinsteiger to get injured and my summers ruined!

Archived