IGNORED

Hayter - Do We Fans Really Want Him.

brady bunch

Do we seroiusly want to be wasting time chasing a another stirker, when we have much greater needs elsewhere!

On Hayter he is no better then we have got already and will add absolutely nothing to our overall team outside of goal poaching (by adding something I mean contributing to defending, particulary from set piece's)or from build up play , holding the ball etc,

Hayter is another in the mould of Heff's and others we have had playing off the big man and poaching.

We can have as many poachers as we like but until the wingers and midifeld are supplying qaulity balls into the box we can have the best in the world up front andstill struggle.

We need a experianced replacement for cott's who desperatly needs a breather.

Guest alex1089

I think we need a poacher mate TBH, the crosses have been coming in and we have had the chances in recent weeks but failed to put the chances away, in Hayter he is a finisher and can win penaltys with his pace and sharp turning. Bournemouth fans rate him as a all rounder because he works hard and closes people down and has a good cross on him. In the past he has played in the central midfield role so I think he is the right signing.

I think we need a poacher mate TBH, the crosses have been coming in and we have had the chances in recent weeks but failed to put the chances away, in Hayter he is a finisher and can win penaltys with his pace and sharp turning. Bournemouth fans rate him as a all rounder because he works hard and closes people down and has a good cross on him. In the past he has played in the central midfield role so I think he is the right signing.

I second this.......

I heard Hayter misses quite a few chances anyway. I suspect he is better than current strikers though, apart from Brooker.

As for the crossing and playing balls into the box, I've noticed that Murray struggles with this asspect of his game playing on the left wing.

Do we seroiusly want to be wasting time chasing a another stirker, when we have much greater needs elsewhere!

On Hayter he is no better then we have got already and will add absolutely nothing to our overall team outside of goal poaching (by adding something I mean contributing to defending, particulary from set piece's)or from build up play , holding the ball etc,

Hayter is another in the mould of Heff's and others we have had playing off the big man and poaching.

We can have as many poachers as we like but until the wingers and midifeld are supplying qaulity balls into the box we can have the best in the world up front andstill struggle.

Gillespie has never been given a run in the team and seems that he will be sacrificed if GJ gets Hayter.

We need a fox in the box - give Gillespie a chance

with the greatest of respect mate, what are you on??? brooker has been carrying us up front for months on his own. if GJ seems hell bent on not playing MS and letting him get into form you cant seriously be suggesting that a replacement for dafty bas is less of a priority than any other part of the team surely?!?!??!

a pacey striker will see us safethis season with ease, failure to get one will see us struggle but probably stay up just. failure to get one and a brooker injury and we will be playing Accrington Stanley next season. Hayter is a good player, he's what we need and quibbling over £50k-£100k with their chairman is crazy. not signing him will be a false economy!!! :@

a pacey striker will see us safe this season with ease,

Hayter does not have any real pace, he is not sluggish but he is also no Lita etc. I agree with you that a qaulity, pacey striker would be worth it, but Hayter is niether, he is a lower league journeyman player who can score goals (1 in every 3/4 games)

We will never get out of this division until we start buying better. With the sqaud qw have we will stay up, we should be buying to get promoted next season and not wasting the money and wages on more of the same type of players we have.

We have no goal poacher at the mo surely you can see that!

Hayter would back us many goals which we are missing at the mo.

bring him on

We have arguably the best poacher in the league in Marcus Stewart. We need a left midfeilder more than a striker.

Totally agree, Surely Brooks and MS would score if the service was there. SM just doesn't get the ball in from the left and DC very rarely gets past his man to whip one in from the right. Henry, Van Nistelroy and shearer would struggle to live solely off of the crosses Orr puts in from just inside the opponents half (PS am not sl8ing Orr, at least he has the bottle to try getting one over)

How can you call Hayter a journyman (bradybunch)he has always been at Bournmouth since a kid

http://www.afcb.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad...24~8903,00.html

Also noticed according to Bournmouth he can play in Midfield including the left wing

by journeyman I mean player suited to the lower leagues, not a rising star that has the ability to play at the top level.

We need new blood on the left, but not someone who can fill in there.

Not your comment I know, but as for Hayter being 3rd highest scorer in the league, trust me he would not be if he had played up front for us all season!!

Stewart is as good a forward as you will get at this level, he has been starved of good service and that is what needs to be fixed.

Half of Hayters goals are penaltys.

forget hayter he's a lemon 3rd div stricker, reddy is faster more skillfull then him.

and we need a leftback that can overlap(a younger micky bell) when murry cuts inside, more crosses needed. we r not turning defence's, they need to get to the bye line more to pump a better ball in.

######*ing now after last night's game, iam sure we can do it a must win saturday we owe them one.

Is this a serious post? We can assume that Gillespie is not really wanted, so that leaves us with just three strikers, and only one whi is really performing to a decent level. What happens if we get injuries/ suspensions? Personally, I cannot see any more glaring need than a forward.

The question for me and many other city fans is are we buying to stay in this league for another couple of years, in which case Hayter will be quite a good buy! I doubt he is good enough to make a really differance to us and if he was good enough for a higher div he would have gone there a long time ago.

My point is we want promotion and to get that we must get in better qaulity then we already have.

My only issue with GJ, is that most of the players he has brought in on loan etc are little better then the sqaud he took over from Tinman, GJ is certainly a better manager and motivater and our results (just about) reflect that.

Its clear that Tinman and the board blow the budget on the likes of Bridges and Stewart (and who of us complained at the time) so GJ has been constrained to a degree.

My arguement is that we should not waste anymore money on Hayter type players, if we need an extra striker for cover we have Gillespie and Cotterial who can warm the bench and come on for Brooker/Stewart/Baz in case of injury.

Save the money until we have a real talent available and offer very good money to get them to come to us (in the past we have got the likes of a young andy Cole, Akiinbyi? Goater, a striker of worth who's value and contribution will improve)

Archived