IGNORED

I Friggin Well Hate.....

Ian M

• Admin

I got 107 points last year, did I win the league? Did I ffffffff.........

Now, because I'm doing well in the Cups this year my squad is taking a bit of a beating fitness wise so I've had to include some reserves to keep players away from injury and who should start breathing down my neck? I effing well hate them! :D

On the plus side, those that shift out Harley early appear to be mistaken, his lowest rating in 12 first team appearances has been a 7, ok until one match ago it was also his highest, but he's proving himself to be a more than capable stand in for Coid or Amankwaah on either flank :)

Which is good cos my strikers are shi......

Marvin 8 in 15

Miller 6 in 21

Makofo 0 in 11

Poole 2 in 8

Lita 0 in 6

Morison 1 in 6

Nardiello 0 in 5

Asamoah 0 in 8

Thanksfully my midfield and defence are chipping in with a few and I've got Kakalov joing when his contract expires.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Stick with Peacock and Roberts up front fella, they're the guvna's - Even in the Prem.

Forget all the youngsters City start with, at the end of the season you can pick up a quality under 19 thanks to the PRem clubs releasing loads.

Asamoah is a waste of time until his finishing goes up a point or 2. Lita in my game seems to score alot of goals when playing alongside Peacock or someone in that mould.

To get players like Lita and Roberts to play to their strengths play a direct style of football with counter attack switched on, It changed my City team from one struggling to Div 2 and 1 champions.

Some tips on decent cheap defenders would be appreciated, mine have always been shocking apart from Hill and Amankwaah

• Admin
Stick with Peacock and Roberts up front fella, they're the guvna's - Even in the Prem.

Forget all the youngsters City start with, at the end of the season you can pick up a quality under 19 thanks to the PRem clubs releasing loads.

Asamoah is a waste of time until his finishing goes up a point or 2.  Lita in my game seems to score alot of goals when playing alongside Peacock or someone in that mould.

To get players like Lita and Roberts to play to their strengths play a direct style of football with counter attack switched on, It changed my City team from one struggling to Div 2 and 1 champions.

Some tips on decent cheap defenders would be appreciated, mine have always been shocking apart from Hill and Amankwaah

No good, shipped out Peacock & Robbo, Robbo cos I needed the cash, Peacock cos he was absolute poo scoring 0 goals in 20 games :D

I seem to be doing alright though despite my frailties up top as I'm top of the 1st Division and have already beaten 3 Prem sides this season.

Defence wise, as I say, it's been pretty much "rotation" all season so I'll tell you who I use and then put stars against who would be my first choice selection.

Goalies: Stack (arsenal), Stewart* (ross county)

Defenders: Amankwaah*, Hill, Coles, Fortune*, Harley, Coid* (blackpool), Unsworth (bury), Grondin* (dunfermline)

I also play with a Defensive Midfielder and I'm rotating this role between Doherty & a player called Luke Gutteridge although push comes to shove Guttridge would be my first choice though often first choice boils down to who's in form at that time.

It'd help if I had some money to spend too. £3.5m in the BLACK, £15k/week under wages budget, where does the board think we're going to lose all our money to not allow me more than £200k to spend???

• Admin
Kakalov is a dream player. The best player i have by far, fans player of the year two years running. Not really suprising when you consider he has scored over 70 goals in two seasons.
Well hopefully I don't ruin him like I have every other striker under my stewardship :D

I've never had luck with Peacock, always end up shipping him out or he leaves on free. new Peacock statagy sign him then sell him. This go Miller is lights out has something like 15 in 25. Roberts usually is quite good all the way up. just signed Sjulund from liverpool who usually does quite well for me. Can't seem to pry Samba away from Millwall (yet) but he scores 30 a yeareasy every level every year. Through injury I've had to play Joe Long who scored a few but he's back on the U-19's :D tough to break into a side that hasn't lost in league yet.

• Admin
Scored 99 pts and pipped Chesterfield to the title on the last day of the season. Peaks is ok, Miller is class and Makofo has so far scored 11 in 11 in the 1st division!!

Signed Mavric and Paulo Madeira in central defence and they are total rocks!!

Currently 4th in the 1st Division.

4th? pah!

My strikers may not score but at least I'm top :P

• Admin

I hope you're right as I've just spent the rest of my transfer budget on buying back Roberts, 2 games, 0 goals thus far :D

As a guide of how tight my board are, I've now bought 13 players this season at little over £30k each and exhausted all my transfer budget. I do, however, have £4.5m in the bank which represents a £2m profit so far this season and the directors took offence when I asked for extra transfer funds :)

Madger, you think you're hard done buy. I took City straight to the prem. Finnished third and won the FA cup in first Prem season and won the lot the season after.

City have over 80m in the bank and only give me 11m to spend. Now all that money is because of me and when i give the board an ultimatum they SACK ME.

So i must say a big thank you to S Lansdown for treating me that way. I will never go back down the gate again. Oh sorry, i forgot its only a game.

• Admin
Madger, you think you're hard done buy. I took City straight to the prem. Finnished third and won the FA cup in first Prem season and won the lot the season after.

City have over 80m in the bank and only give me 11m to spend. Now all that money is because of me and when i give the board an ultimatum they SACK ME.

So i must say a big thank you to S Lansdown for treating me that way. I will never go back down the gate again. Oh sorry, i forgot its only a game.

:D

Guest WillsbridgeRed

Are u using the tactics I said though? Keep the faith the mans doing the business for me.

If you can do some dealing get Burns off of Blackpool, a quality lw

• Admin
Now, because I'm doing well in the Cups this year my squad is taking a bit of a beating fitness wise so I've had to include some reserves to keep players away from injury and who should start breathing down my neck? I effing well hate them!  :D

Pipped again, this time on the final day after Chesterfield won 19 of their final 20 games drawing the other game :D

Why?

I have a question for all of you. I admit I don't play CM and am reading this forum from sheer boredom at work, but...

How come Chesterfield seem to be doing so well in the league in all of your games rather than all the other teams who have more obviously decent sides like QPR etc? Could it be the game's been rigged by a programmer who happens to be a Chesterfield fan or something?

Guest WillsbridgeRed

"Could it be the game's been rigged by a programmer who happens to be a Chesterfield fan or something"

I do wonder. They start with a cracking side,

No good, shipped out Peacock & Robbo, Robbo cos I needed the cash, Peacock cos he was absolute poo scoring 0 goals in 20 games  :me?:

Well Peacock played cack for me as well, didn't manage a single goal (including reserve games), then decided to do a Thorpe (doesn't believe that the club can meet his demands!!)

So, seeing as he is one of the top earners, I released him on a free paying him about £80k compensation. He then signed for Sheffield Wednesday, who were my next opponents. Guess what? He set up their only goal, and nearly scored himself (cleared off the line...) Git :(

I don't care though, because I've signed Bellion on loan until the end of the season, and play him up front with Lita. Combined they have over 50 goals and I'm only in March :D Miller and Marvin aren't too bad as back up either.

If Stockport lose their next game and I win, I go to the top of the league. All this after being 12 points adrift of them as well :D

I've only just got the game :cool: and it would appear i have a problem at left back. Only played 2 games so far and both games my left back has performed well. First game against Hartleypool i think, won, Woody had a good game but got sent off for an elbow. Second game, Blackpool in the league cup, Bell goes and gets himself sent off for the same thing ;)

But so far i have Lita and Bellion upfront, and Robbo is diamond on the right and Brown is quality on the left as well.

Archived