IGNORED

Swansea In The .......

The Casual Connoisseur

know a few people who have STs for the Williams Stand. They call it The Library as it's so quiet so probably is as safe as anywhere for the odd Jack. It even has a non-smoking section so I would imagine there being a lot of dads with kids in that bit. I was advised to avoid the Atyeo stand as you're more likely to find their rowdies in there.

If you're going in company, don't talk too loudly as a Swansea accent will stand out a mile in there. I don't have that problem. Having lived in England for 35 years, my Swansea accent disappeared long ago.

--- Post edited by Karnataka on 23/1 13:37 ---

IP: Logged

Previous | Next | New Post | Top of Board

On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - astonian_the_jack 23/1 11:19

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 11:23

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - andynak 23/1 12:11

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 12:13

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - andynak 23/1 12:17

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 12:20

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - andynak 23/1 12:30

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 12:32

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - andynak 23/1 12:40

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.. - Karnataka 23/1 13:35

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 12:43

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 12:45

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - andynak 23/1 12:44

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - astonian_the_jack 23/1 11:29

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 11:48

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - astonian_the_jack 23/1 11:55

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 11:57

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - astonian_the_jack 23/1 12:05

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 12:10

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - astonian_the_jack 23/1 12:15

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 12:18

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - astonian_the_jack 23/1 12:43

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 12:41

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - astonian_the_jack 23/1 12:37

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 12:33

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - astonian_the_jack 23/1 12:32

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - llanwrtyd_jack 23/1 12:30

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - astonian_the_jack 23/1 12:28

re: On Sat as i'll be in the home end sadly.... - wacker 23/1 11:32

They seem to think that they will be OK in the Williams.......... :laugh:

About Rivals.net Terms and Conditions Privacy Policy Sales and Sponsorship Media

Guest Harry Dolman

The thing is, if I had a pound for every time it was alleged that Team X have fans in the City end, I would have, well, at least £50 by now.

Have you ever been in the Red & White bar at halftime? I can guarentee you that the Williams is the home of many "City Legends".

The extract was taken off the rivals website, they apparantly have loads of tickets in our ends. Some are up by the band in the Atyeo, some are in the Williams and some are in the Dolman!!!!!!

The thing is, if I had a pound for every time it was alleged that Team X have fans in the City end, I would have, well, at least £50 by now.

Not bothered if you believe me or not, it's true!

Have you ever been in the Red & White bar at halftime? I can guarentee you that the Williams is the home of many "City Legends".

The extract was taken off the rivals website, they apparantly have loads of tickets in our ends. Some are up by the band in the Atyeo, some are in the Williams and some are in the Dolman!!!!!!

Not bothered if you believe me or not, it's true!

Well it shoudn't be to hard to spot the welsh voice! If one is sat next to me, i won't hesitate to get them kicked out! :)

Every time there's a derby or a "high risk game" of any kind, you hear all this nonsense and it very rarely, if ever, happens.

As I understand it there are plenty of tickets for the away end still left, so why bother?

Unless of course you're looking for trouble, in which case you'll probably find it and I've absolutely no sympathy for you.

Well it shoudn't be to hard to spot the welsh voice! If one is sat next to me, i won't hesitate to get them kicked out! :)

City fans, they may be. The dark-side has clouded this issue.

Personally, I will Ninja attack the Sheep-Shagging Sith.

Afraid they will be.

Every time there's a derby or a "high risk game" of any kind, you hear all this nonsense and it very rarely, if ever, happens.

As I understand it there are plenty of tickets for the away end still left, so why bother?

Unless of course you're looking for trouble, in which case you'll probably find it and I've absolutely no sympathy for you.

Well Ican confirm that a jack in work has a ticket for the Dolman, as have 4 of his mates. If you care to look the rivals forum you can also see that they are not the only ones. QPR & Plymouth both had "fans" in the Williams a couple of seasons ago, so this does happen.

Oh........and they have sold out for the away end. :dunno:

We've had all this before Cardiff's visits to Ashton Gate and nothing happened then.

I was in the home end at Swansea and had no problems whatsoever, as long as you keep your head down and don't celebrate goals then you'll be alright.

If they're in the home ends looking for trouble then they're mad. If not, then leave em be.

Well Ican confirm that a jack in work has a ticket for the Dolman, as have 4 of his mates. If you care to look the rivals forum you can also see that they are not the only ones. QPR & Plymouth both had "fans" in the Williams a couple of seasons ago, so this does happen.

Nutters they are. The City ends will they be. Overcome we must.

Not in their eyes though :blink:

Perhaps, just perhaps, there are some genuine, normal non-violent Swansea fans who have been shafted by the police insistence on travelling by coach, like many of us were for the away game, and for whom sitting in the home end is the only way to see their team play.

I bought a ticket for the home end in Swansea because I was travelling down from London and it was the only way I could go to the game. I'd have loved to have been in the away end, but because I did not travel down to Bristol to catch the coach up, I was not allowed to buy a ticket for the away end. As a result, I sat next to a whole load of mouthy Swansea fans who were backing their team with all they had, and behaved myself throughout. I am aware I was not a lone City fan in the home end.

If World War III doesn't break out in the Williams, Dolman or Atyea, it will not mean there were no Swansea fans in those stands. I guarantee you there will be. It will just mean there were well-behaved Swansea fans in there.

For a change, maybe you should consider the Swansea fans victims in this, just as we were. I think it is outrageous as well as counter-productive for the police to be able to dictate exactly how fans must travel to games in order to get in. They blackmail the clubs by holding the threat of massive penalties over their heads - like, for instance, insisting on massively reduced capacity for potential money-spinning sell-outs like trhe Forest game if there is even a sniff of trouble. Inevitably, there will be some Swansea supporters - perhaps, ironically, among the more devoted fans who travel long distances from other cities to support their team week in, week out - for whom travelling to Swansea in time to take a coach right back over the bridge again would be impossible, never mind ridiculous and expensive. If they then choose to come to Ashton Gate, sit in the home end and behave themselves then I have no problem with that. I'm sure that, like me at Swansea, they would much rather be with their own type making bags of noise to support their team for 90 mins. But faced with missing a crucial game completely, they will probably have just taken the only other option.

If World War III does break out then the police will be as guilty of causing it as the City and Swansea fans who get involved. If the police had not acted so stupidly and in such a draconian fashion, there would have been no need for Swansea fans in the first place.

Perhaps, just perhaps, there are some genuine, normal non-violent Swansea fans who have been shafted by the police insistence on travelling by coach, like many of us were for the away game, and for whom sitting in the home end is the only way to see their team play.

I agree but not the nunbers quoted on the original postings on rivals.That smacks of either organisation or, more likely, BS.

For a change, maybe you should consider the Swansea fans victims in this, just as we were. I think it is outrageous as well as counter-productive for the police to be able to dictate exactly how fans must travel to games in order to get in. They blackmail the clubs by holding the threat of massive penalties over their heads - like, for instance, insisting on massively reduced capacity for potential money-spinning sell-outs like trhe Forest game if there is even a sniff of trouble.

Spot On

Inevitably, there will be some Swansea supporters - perhaps, ironically, among the more devoted fans who travel long distances from other cities to support their team week in, week out - for whom travelling to Swansea in time to take a coach right back over the bridge again would be impossible, never mind ridiculous and expensive.

I make a trip of around 250 miles to AG for homes games, so I get the point.

If they then choose to come to Ashton Gate, sit in the home end and behave themselves then I have no problem with that. I'm sure that, like me at Swansea, they would much rather be with their own type making bags of noise to support their team for 90 mins. But faced with missing a crucial game completely, they will probably have just taken the only other option.

If World War II does break out then the police will be as guilty of causing it as the City and Swansea fans who get involved. If the police had not acted so stupidly and in such a draconian fashion, there would have been no need for Swansea fans in the first place.

In fairness, the last few times City have been to Swansea, the place has been smashed up, there has been trouble and, on one occassion a police dog lost an eye due to Swansea fans throwing bottles......after their pub has been smashed up.

That was all efore Swansea had the new stadium, funding and got on a role.

A season or so before, Swansea Jacks Public House got wrecked by City Fans, so the Police can't just let that happen, although, I agree that their insistence of this Official Coach Only Ticketing Policy is a nuisance of the highest order, as usual, the police and football clubs don't do it right and if people with Welsh Accents and, moreover, Welsh Post Codes have obtained tickets via the post, then that's crackers.

It was even worse at Cardiff because I had to buy my ticket from and give my address to, Cardiff City and I still get their newsletter!! My address isn't in Bristol before someone asks.

I suppose we're lucky it's not a 12.00 kick off :(

With a fullhouse or near to it expected, I have no doubt that there will be an area set aside in the East End for Swansea fans "located" in other areas of the ground.The East End houses 4,500 fans and the away figure I have heard quoted is 1,500, so there will be bags of segregation and room!

My advice to them is keep quiet or after entering the ground try to perusade a steward to take them to the away end.

Whilst AG is nowhere near the place it once was, I can guarantee you that there will be a vociforous & passionate and many old faces will return to soak up the occassion.

I agree with you, BB, that City and Swansea fans' behaviour in the past has been reprehensible, and accept that we all end up paying a price for that.

However, as you also seem to recognise, the draconian measures taken by the police are not only unreasonable, but unworkable and counterproductive. They result in more away fans in the home end, often fans like us who have no intention of causing trouble but who must run the gauntlet of the home end anyway, and actually face criminalisation if we are caught and arrested.

I did consider making myself known quietly to stewards at Swansea, but opted not to because I did not know whether they would reseat me with the away fans, or eject me and arrest me, thus meaning I might face a ban from games.

Like you, I do not have a Bristol address. In the past, where necessary, it has been very easy for me to get tickets in the home end posted to my door. I booked and paid for my Swansea tickets by phone in advance, picking them up at the ground before the game. Other teams that have put me on their email list as a result of ticket buys have included Northampton (as a result of going up to support them against the Gas in that play-off game many moons ago!)

Incidentally, I am indebted for Northampton not just for knocking out the Gas that day, but for another moment of blinding sanity in a world filled with jobsworths. A few years ago, we played them up there and it was pay on the day. When I got to the ticket kiosk the lady told me the away end had sold out. Instead of turning me away, she told me that if I went away and put on a T-shirt instead of my City shirt she would sell me a ticket for the home stand rather than see me have to drive home without watching the game.

I agree with every word RedTop has said and find his final comment heart warming.

To those who do not want Swansea fans in our end - what if your friend was a Swansea fan and spending the weekend with you? Surely you would have them sit next to you?

Guest Harry Dolman

I agree with every word RedTop has said and find his final comment heart warming.

To those who do not want Swansea fans in our end - what if your friend was a Swansea fan and spending the weekend with you? Surely you would have them sit next to you?

Ditto. The fact that football fans can't just have a chat & a laugh togehter is a pretty sad indictment of the human species. How many of us have mates who support other teams (even Rovers ??) - I can even have a laugh with Man U fans without resorting to physical violence.

The East End houses 4,500 fans and the away figure I have heard quoted is 1,500, so there will be bags of segregation and room!

Although it goes against my natural instincts, would it not have made sense for City to give more tickets to Swansea fans in the first place? We've got the room and it would save the anxiety of the possible beginning of WW3.

Thinking about employing the force that is Yoda as it seems he'd make more than an enthusiastic bodyguard for the day.

Never to the dark side.

Incidentally, I am indebted for Northampton not just for knocking out the Gas that day, but for another moment of blinding sanity in a world filled with jobsworths. A few years ago, we played them up there and it was pay on the day. When I got to the ticket kiosk the lady told me the away end had sold out. Instead of turning me away, she told me that if I went away and put on a T-shirt instead of my City shirt she would sell me a ticket for the home stand rather than see me have to drive home without watching the game.

At Swindon one of their stewards GAVE me aticket for the away end when I told him I had driven down from London, which was true.There are some decent people about. :)

Although it goes against my natural instincts, would it not have made sense for City to give more tickets to Swansea fans in the first place? We've got the room and it would save the anxiety of the possible beginning of WW3.

I think it was one of those, "1,500 initially and if you sell them you can have 500 more deals."

It's all money and at £20 a head they can have 3,000 as far as I'm concerned.We haven't had 1,000 away fans at AG this season.

Perhaps, just perhaps, there are some genuine, normal non-violent Swansea fans who have been shafted by the police insistence on travelling by coach, like many of us were for the away game, and for whom sitting in the home end is the only way to see their team play............

If World War III does break out then the police will be as guilty of causing it as the City and Swansea fans who get involved. If the police had not acted so stupidly and in such a draconian fashion, there would have been no need for Swansea fans in the first place.

spot on. don't believe the hype

• Admin

Where did you hear this ?

Certainly not being reported that way by Swansea.... if they sold their 1500, there was an option for another 500. Can't imagine they would have shifted that many since the weekend :englandsmile4wf:

Archived